Does "No Contact" really work?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say, enjoy what you're doing and just go over and internalize some of those fundamentals of keeping chicks on their toes and chasing after YOU. Hell soon I'll be doing this for real myself. :D

Reaction score
Came into work just now and the crazy NYE girl was still here and she went ALL THE WAY out of her department to walk across the entire office and use the copy machine next to my desk and there is one right next to her desk. I saw her checking me out on her walk back but i didn't let her see me looking. As soon as she stopped looking at me I turned my head to check out her ass.. not looking to shabby.

Then she left with this sh!tty grin on her face. What the hell is she thinking? Any chance to convert her back into a plate and play it right this time? There has to be a way -- if she really "never wanted to see me again" she wouldn't have checked me out like that.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
she went ALL THE WAY out of her department to walk across the entire office and use the copy machine next to my desk and there is one right next to her desk. I saw her checking me out on her walk back but i didn't let her see me looking.
You are KIDDING me, right? I don't believe this. A girl in drama mode who you are ignoring went out of her WAY to make you notice her to see if she'd get a reaction out of you? Say WHAT??? Are you sure you're being straight with us here? Next you're going to tell us you're keeping an alien in your closet and that he likes reeses pieces.

My Name is Nobody said:
What the hell is she thinking?
"My ego is fragile and I want to make sure I've still "got it". He's ignoring me. He's full of crap. He wants to talk to me. I'm going to make him uncomfortable and force him to do something to prove to MYSELF that I still "got it" and that he's really still into me. [btw she's right, and her strategy is working)

My Name is Nobody said:
Any chance to convert her back into a plate and play it right this time? There has to be a way -- if she really "never wanted to see me again" she wouldn't have checked me out like that.
This is beyond that now. What do YOU WANT? To hit it again? Is it WORTH IT? Do you ENJOY the idea of a girl who was cruel to you all of the sudden being into you again? Do you know what she will think if you relapse and chase her again? She'll think..... "yeah. I still got it. Later skater."

Reaction score
reset said:
You are KIDDING me, right? I don't believe this. A girl in drama mode who you are ignoring went out of her WAY to make you notice her to see if she'd get a reaction out of you? Say WHAT??? Are you sure you're being straight with us here? Next you're going to tell us you're keeping an alien in your closet and that he likes reeses pieces.

"My ego is fragile and I want to make sure I've still "got it". He's ignoring me. He's full of crap. He wants to talk to me. I'm going to make him uncomfortable and force him to do something to prove to MYSELF that I still "got it" and that he's really still into me. [btw she's right, and her strategy is working)

This is beyond that now. What do YOU WANT? To hit it again? Is it WORTH IT? Do you ENJOY the idea of a girl who was cruel to you all of the sudden being into you again? Do you know what she will think if you relapse and chase her again? She'll think..... "yeah. I still got it. Later skater."
That was awesome!! You are right. I will not crack! She has my number, she can use it. I like what she is doing for some sick reason but I'm not gonna crack.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
I like what she is doing for some sick reason
That's right. It's sick. It's two egos playing off each other, two adults acting like little children. Here you have a girl who treated you like shyt so your ego is wounded, and all of the sudden you see this power you "seem" to have over her because you've got her making an effort to get your attention.

But it's really about her ego. Sure maybe you're showing some strength and that's great and now she's confused (how much more predictable can this get?). And now YOUR ego is going off the charts because whatever sense of self you lost is back now, in a twisted form.

This is NOT love, or adult, or mature, or masculine. This is DRAMA. And it's for HIGH SCHOOL.

Dude don't let your sense of self be affected, and don't "get off" on how you're making her act. It's good you say you're not going to crack. It can be really hard. But try to rise ABOVE IT.

At the worst this cycle can go on for months and your brain will be sucked out by her. At BEST-- if you just keep ignoring her, and actually STOP CARING, and SHE gets over it a little and grows up HERSELF, you and her MAY be able to get along SORT OF, KIND OF being civil to each other. MAYBE.

This is a great opportunity for you to step back, figure out what matters in life, and decide how much of your energy you want to devote to drama and high school games. After going through this a few times myself, THAT is the most satisfying option.

Reaction score
reset said:
That's right. It's sick. It's two egos playing off each other, two adults acting like little children. Here you have a girl who treated you like shyt so your ego is wounded, and all of the sudden you see this power you "seem" to have over her because you've got her making an effort to get your attention.

But it's really about her ego. Sure maybe you're showing some strength and that's great and now she's confused (how much more predictable can this get?). And now YOUR ego is going off the charts because whatever sense of self you lost is back now, in a twisted form.

This is NOT love, or adult, or mature, or masculine. This is DRAMA. And it's for HIGH SCHOOL.

Dude don't let your sense of self be affected, and don't "get off" on how you're making her act. It's good you say you're not going to crack. It can be really hard. But try to rise ABOVE IT.

At the worst this cycle can go on for months and your brain will be sucked out by her. At BEST-- if you just keep ignoring her, and actually STOP CARING, and SHE gets over it a little and grows up HERSELF, you and her MAY be able to get along SORT OF, KIND OF being civil to each other. MAYBE.

This is a great opportunity for you to step back, figure out what matters in life, and decide how much of your energy you want to devote to drama and high school games. After going through this a few times myself, THAT is the most satisfying option.
Yeah, and I'm sure she noticed how I changed my shift to arrive to work after she is supposed to be gone. But she always stays late so I keep seeing her. I'm sure she thinks I changed only because of her and she gets a thrill out of that. She was part of the reason, but now I get weekends off so I would have changed it anyway. The opportunity just happened to arise right when all this drama unfolded. So it looks like I changed my shift because of the pain she is causing me. That would explain her nasty little smirk when she left today. Whatever!

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, whatever. Who cares what she is thinking, she can think what she wants to. She'll never know either way because you're not going to tell her.

Seriously, rise above it the best you can and you won't be affected by her. Just assume you're always going to get a nasty smirk, just accept it as the price you pay for a girl being in drama mode with you.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hassan Chop said:
First post in the DJ Forum.

THIS THREAD IS EPIC!!!!!

Would read again!!!!!
This thread is like that HBO series Entourage. I can miss three or four episodes and come back to it still feeling like I know exactly what is going on.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BUCKETS!!

This thread is only a month old!!! :eek:

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
This thread is like that HBO series Entourage. I can miss three or four episodes and come back to it still feeling like I know exactly what is going on.
lol. I think at some point he'll see the pattern.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
BUCKETS!!

This thread is only a month old!!! :eek:
wow! That's one page a day. Averaging 18 posts a day. It's a BEAST!

Reaction score
The lesson here-- don't mess with girls at work. I changed my shift to get away from her and now she is staying late walking by my desk. Wouldn't have an issue if I didn't have to see her I'd have forgotten her by now. For some reason seeing her p!sses me off and ruins my day.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And the bigger lesson here is to be a man who knows what he wants from life. If you're more in touch with your passions, if you KNOW where you're going in life, the antics of little girls won't have such a big impact.

You can either be the billiard ball getting knocked around all over the pool table, or you can be the big pool cue focusing on the right ball to hit in the first place.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
The lesson here-- don't mess with girls at work. I changed my shift to get away from her and now she is staying late walking by my desk. Wouldn't have an issue if I didn't have to see her I'd have forgotten her by now. For some reason seeing her p!sses me off and ruins my day.
What happened to the [other] chick who had you head over heels?

Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
What happened to the [other] chick who had you head over heels?
I'll be contacting her tomorrow. I wouldnt say I'm head over heels I was drunk posting again.

Reaction score
Check this out!!! My phone beeped and lo and behold it was crazy NYE girl

I just got a text that said "Stop"

I replied "What? I'm not contacting you, stop dreaming"

Then she replied

"oh so how do you know someone is contacting me"

Then I said

"whatever lady"

Her

"you are a nightmare dude not a dream. Ciao"

I didn't even reply to that yet. what a strange woman... I havent tried contacted her in weeks. She must be playing games. What do you think?

Last edited: