Does "No Contact" really work?

Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
I did, I just added to my post/edited while you were writing me. Again, my apologies.

You don't need to apologize I appreciate your input.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That is very gentlemanly of you, thank you.

(and just so everyone is clear on this: "gentlemanly" is NOT an AFC trait :rolleyes:

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
To most women - a man who is still having sex with an ex is not truly available. If you asked her on A DATE - much less a second one - it seems logical she assumed you didn't have a girl friend. But hey, call me crazy ;)
I love this logic.

Does this mean if a woman accepts a date, ESPECIALLY a second date, she is seeing NO other man?

Sure, go back to fantasyland now.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
No, I used ****y and funny when we started dating and it turned her off.

She doesn't need a ****y jerk right now, she needs an AFC. She just got divorced from a ****y jerk.

Something like that will set her off again, and she'll cuss me out.
Women don't know what they want, duh.

You can be witty and ****y, and STILL be the good guy.

Make her LAUGH.

If you can make ME laugh, you can make her laugh.

Reaction score
iqqi said:
Women don't know what they want, duh.

You can be witty and ****y, and STILL be the good guy.

Make her LAUGH.

If you can make ME laugh, you can make her laugh.

Again, we aren't dealing with a normal woman. She is a ticking bomb and she could go off at any moment.

Remember I texted her a few days ago? She responded

"You knucklehead leave me alone lose my # and have a nice life!!"

Then, I texted her yesterday, and she was actually civil, and nice? And we had somewhat of a normal conversation. She even texted me "goodnight" yesterday!

This girl is itching to pull the trigger and cuss me out. And to be honest, I don't want that at all it actually hurts my feelings.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
You are correct Francisco - this is my error :) and will I be even more amused?....
This thread is a living soap opera but unlike a lot of epic threads of woe in the forum, this one does offer a ton of learning experience to offer. Even though it's still remarkably odd that MNIN is still drawn to this woman given their past history, I think he's grown a bit from it.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
Again, we aren't dealing with a normal woman. She is a ticking bomb and she could go off at any moment.

Then, I texted her yesterday, and she was actually civil, and nice? And we had somewhat of a normal conversation.

This girl is itching to pull the trigger and cuss me out. And to be honest, I don't want that at all it actually hurts my feelings.
maybe you should be in person when it happens, then you can have rough "let it all out" sex.

Just a suggestion.

Reaction score
iqqi said:
maybe you should be in person when it happens, then you can have rough "let it all out" sex.

Just a suggestion.

And how do you suggest I do that? I was trying with the "can we be friends" question, and she shot me down.

I don't think an invite to dinner will work at this point.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:

Then, I texted her yesterday, ....
I thought I took that poking stick away from you.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MNIN - are you saying that, in truth, sexual relations with an ex is the same emotional experience for you as "meaningless" sex with a FWB person or a one night stand?

Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
MNIN - are you saying that, in truth, sexual relations with an ex is the same emotional experience for you as "meaningless" sex with a FWB person or a one night stand?

I wasn't even having sex with my ex. It was like we were married. And I kept seeing her because I was lonely.

Then I met new girl and I was ready to move on, but like Francisco said I didn't clean my house before moving in the new furniture. And it ruined everything.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
And how do you suggest I do that? I was trying with the "can we be friends" question, and she shot me down.

I don't think an invite to dinner will work at this point.
Well, you'd have to be smooth, of course.

I don't know. I'm approaching the situation from a devil may care standpoint.

If you are all extra SERIOUS, then this might not work.

Get into a text fight with her. After a few back and forths, tell her she hurt you and you never want to see her face again. After she replies, say you are coming over RIGHT NOW.

Go over there, and when she opens the door, act hurt and angry, and tell her that you are the best thing that never happened to her.

Then grab her and kiss her.

She will either really kill you this time, or there will be some crazy hot rough sex.

Depends on your risk taking level.

Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I thought I took that poking stick away from you.

I deleted her # a long time ago, but I have unintentionally memorized the digits. I actually told her that yesterday. She seemed to like it because that's when she started acting nice.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this one does offer a ton of learning experience to offer
Too bad the OP isn't the recipient of it.

He's reactive, lacks self-control and keeps repeating the same patterns. He rationalizes his actions and discounts them and dismisses consequences but every now and then he has a moment of lucidity, a speck of clarity, but it never seems to last. He focuses a lot on outer game as if it's the end all and be all, but the work on his inner self, the hard work, is where the work needs to be done. But he doesn't really care.

The prognosis is that things are going to continue to go for this guy as they generally have. The day he realizes that it has to do with him and not the 'insane women', then he'll have the start of hopefully seeing major strides in an improved direction. If that day ever comes.

Reaction score
iqqi said:
Well, you'd have to be smooth, of course.

I don't know. I'm approaching the situation from a devil may care standpoint.

If you are all extra SERIOUS, then this might not work.

Get into a text fight with her. After a few back and forths, tell her she hurt you and you never want to see her face again. After she replies, say you are coming over RIGHT NOW.

Go over there, and when she opens the door, act hurt and angry, and tell her that you are the best thing that never happened to her.

Then grab her and kiss her.

She will either really kill you this time, or there will be some crazy hot rough sex.

Depends on your risk taking level.

How do I start a text fight with her?

Reaction score
iqqi said:
You could do that.

Or you could wait for a rainy, dark night....

Yeah I think I better wait. You know I am in no condition to drive.