do white girls usually go for black guys?

Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker
That's exactly what I was trying to say, you just did a better job.

Great post.
Aren't you black? I got a whole different read on his post. I guess when he started with the fetish comment it hit me the wrong way.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm black and I date exculsivly outside of my race, and I live in the middle of Arkansas, so if can be done.

What an odd statement. Are you saying that you exclude other races of women consciously and actively (including your OWN), while only considering white women? Wouldn't that make you a 'sellout'? Or do you do it because there are practically nothing but white hillbillies where you live? This 'chink' wants to know. :p

Honestly, I have never, honestly never , had a girl say they wouldn't date me becuase of my color.

I think it's the way you carry yourself. I don't make it a big deal when I talk to woman, and it comes off as it is normal. I friend of mine always asks me to hook him up with a friend of mine (i do have some nice looking female friends) but I won't because I know that he won't handle the situtation right.

Good point. :)

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Player_Supreme
Aren't you black? I got a whole different read on his post. I guess when he started with the fetish comment it hit me the wrong way.
Yes I am black and he is absolutely right.

I know however, and anyone with confidence does as well, that I am not part of the mainstream group of young african amercia males. I don't get offended when people talk about what black people do and what they wear/how they treat women/dress because I know who I am and i am confident enough to realize that for the most part he is correct.

I know alot of black men, some are my best friends, who would LOVE to date outside of their race but simply think that white woman have halo around their head and that they are inapprochable, so they stick with their own race.

Am I black? yes, and I am damn proud of who I am. I wish that we could hold ourseleves to a higher standard, but to be frank, right now we can't. It trips me out how people do all of the things that we are sterotyped as doing such as listening to loud music, havoing bad manners, being uneducated, blowing money on items that aren't needed, etc, but when a white person, or any person of any other race brings it up,l he is racist? No, he is telling it like he sees it. He is telling it how I see it. If you want respect, stop doing things that take respect away from you.

funny story:

I used to date this girl when I was 17. Her mom didn't like the fact that she dated black guys. Well to make a very long story short, we broke up.

I saw her mother around 6 months ago, she is a nurse and I had cut myself pretty bad at work. So I go to the emergency room and we start talking. Mind you, she has no idea who I am, but I know who she is. She is actually a pretty cool lady. At the end of the convo, she says, "i have a daughter your age, I wish she could meet someone like you". I told her, actually, if your daughter is Jennifer ****, I used to date her. She had this look on her face and said, oh my gosh, you are Brandon. I said yes mam. I could go on, but the point is when she said she didn't want her daughter to date black guys, she didn't actually mean she didn't want her daugher to date black guys, she ment she didn't want her daughter to date a "sterotypical" black guy.

If you don't consider yourself to be sterotypical, then why worry?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
What an odd statement. Are you saying that you exclude other races of women consciously and actively (including your OWN), while only considering white women? Wouldn't that make you a 'sellout'? Or do you do it because there are practically nothing but white hillbillies where you live? This 'chink' wants to know. :p

Good point. :)
no, no no. I date all types of woman. I used to date a Chinese woman, and a hispanic woman. The woman I keep posting about is half white, half columbian.

I just am not attracted to black woman. The longest relationship I had was with my last black GF, around 9 months, and not once did I try to have sex with her. Great, Great partner, but at the end of the day I just wanted attracted to her, no matter how great I thought she was. She cheated on me, and wondered why I took it so well, I know it was coming, it was going to happen sooner or later.

BTW, my fav are Italian woman.

Actually Arkansas has a bad rep. We have alot more good looking woman then people think. I know alot of people who come from LA and CA in general who always say "damn I am impressed. NOt as many as Cali, but not half bad either." It's not just hillbillies, at least in the 3 main citys, Fayetteville, LIttle Rock and Hot Springs.

The population is around 10-15% hispanic, 20% black, and the rest white.

That show, "the simple life" really gave us a bad name. They found the most country part of Arkansas, a part I didn't even know existed and made us look like fools. It's no wear near that bad. It's not as good as Newport Beach, but it's not that bad.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no, no no. I date all types of woman. I used to date a Chinese woman, and a hispanic woman. The woman I keep posting about is half white, half columbian.

I just am not attracted to black woman. The longest relationship I had was with my last black GF, around 9 months, and not once did I try to have sex with her. Great, Great partner, but at the end of the day I just wanted attracted to her, no matter how great I thought she was. She cheated on me, and wondered why I took it so well, I know it was coming, it was going to happen sooner or later.

BTW, my fav are Italian woman.

Actually Arkansas has a bad rep. We have alot more good looking woman then people think. I know alot of people who come from LA and CA in general who always say "damn I am impressed. NOt as many as Cali, but not half bad either." It's not just hillbillies, at least in the 3 main citys, Fayetteville, LIttle Rock and Hot Springs.

The population is around 10-15% hispanic, 20% black, and the rest white.

That show, "the simple life" really gave us a bad name. They found the most country part of Arkansas, a part I didn't even know existed and made us look like fools. It's no wear near that bad. It's not as good as Newport Beach, but it's not that bad.

So you *do* exclude your own. That is sad dude - you are a sellout. But since I think you're an okay guy overall (from what you've posted), I'll let ya off the hook. I know a lot of sellouts like you in real life, but I judge them on a case-by-case basis and let them off the hook if they are cool guys or are friends. I have a Korean friend who only fvcks white bytches, but he is a homie, so...

Btw, please I think you should drop the "I'm so open-minded, I date all types of women" act. :rolleyes: :D The fact is that you're selectively racist - i.e. excluding dating partners on the basis of RACE ("I date Chinese, I date Puerto Rican, I date Italian... yada yada... but NOT BLACK!"). And racist toward your OWN no doubt. I see so many Asian brothers pull that crap too, and it makes them look like hypocritical fools. Methinks that you have some deep-seated issues about your identity that you need to sort out. Learn to be more comfortable in your black skin, coz no matter who you copulate with, and no matter what kind of babies you produce with non-blacks, you ain't changing yourself one BIT. This is also what I tell my sellout Asian brothers, coz they are living in their own little bubble, their dream world..

Anyway, I won't bust your balls any more and just let you do your own thing, but I really don't think that this is dirty laundry that should be aired out in front of everyone. It's nothing to be proud or even ambivalent about. It should be a source of secret shame.

I'm just being real blunt about it, and it's not my intent to start some flame war. *shrugs*

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how am I wrong because I don't find black woman attractive? If I found one that I was attracted to and worth dating, I would, but I haven't in a while, and I am not going to date anyone just to make it look like I am not a sellout, I would be doing myself and the girl an injustice.

I don't think you understand. I have dated pretty much every nationality there is. I have dated a brazlian woman, I have dated a woman from down under, I have dated and though I was in love with a russian woman. I have a thing for asian woman.

I have dated black woman before, I have dated more black woman than any other nationality. I just don't find them attractive, or at lease I haven't seen one that I would want to date in a while. If I am a sellout becuase of that, then I guess I am a sellout.

For crying out loud the last black girl I dated had to go 9 months without any becuase I wouldn't touch her, becuase I didn't find her attractive. I have more of a problem if i took your advice and dated black woman just for the sake of black woman.

I love black woman, there is nothing wrong them. I mean, come on, my mom, grandmother and little sisters are 100% black.

I am just to a point where I am able to accecpt the fact that I do not find them, at least for the most part, sexually attractive. If a black woman were to tell me that, I wouldn't have the slightest problem. Different people do it for different people.

what i really don't get is that you are taking something as simple as sexual preference and making it a mental issue with me. If I saw a black woman who I thought was beatuiful and was smart and all of that, I would fall head over heels in love and be with her.

I should be ashamed? NO, you should be ashamed. I am proud of everything about myself. I am proud of the fact that I can speak 3 languages. I am proud of the fact that I am intelligent. I am proud of the fact that I am able to provide for my family when need be. I am proud my sexual preference. what, do you want me to date inside my race just so I can make you and every other narrow minded person out there happy?

However, I do see what you are trying ot say, you just didn't do a good job saying it. You are saying that I think black woman are below everyone else. Luckly, my mom is a sucessful business woman, who as a single mom, not only rasied me to be who I am, but made well into 6 figures at her job at the same time, so no, I have nothing against black woman (BTW, I do look for the same qualities that my mom has in a woman, she is extremely smart, loyal and a good listener, and she is determined as hell to do what she puts her mind to).

I could see how you could think that I could fall into this catogory, and I honestly, honestly think that my business partner does fall into this catorogy (he started dating white woman when he found out I had a white GF), plus I know he has some self esteem problems that he tries to hide by being overly arrogant.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe he is being selectively racist jake, maybe he is excluding them on the basis of the colour of their skin. Maybe he has deep seated issues with his colour, maybe he is just not attracted to them. Maybe you are being racist as you assume successful black men are ashamed of their skin colour.

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol @ this thread. i am a black guy (actually, i'm not BLACK, lol. but light dark, like denzel washington) and i am not attracted to black women so much. halle berry or something like that, hell, i'd go her. but i really love white girls. it's just my cup of tea. and just cause i am black doesn't MEAN i have to like the same color. we are all human. nothing is different.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how am I wrong because I don't find black woman attractive?

I don't think you understand. I have dated pretty much every nationality there is. I have dated a brazlian woman, I have dated a woman from down under, I have dated and though I was in love with a russian woman. I have a thing for asian woman.

I have dated black woman before, I have dated more black woman than any other nationality. I just don't find them attractive, or at lease I haven't seen one that I would want to date in a while. If I am a sellout becuase of that, then I guess I am a sellout.

I think I should let you know how I define a sell-out. I think my definition is pretty fair to everyone involved in IRs (or not), so I stand by it:

Being in an interracial relationship does not make one a sellout. But actively and consciously excluding your own completely from your dating pool (for whatever reason) DOES make one a sellout.

So by that definition - you are indeed a sell-out. Plain and simple. ;) But it doesn't make you a dispicable human being or anything, so chill.

Also - it doesn't matter what your mother is (though I'm sure she's a lovely woman ;) ), or how many sistas you've dated. The very bottom line is that you exclude based on race. That is a form of racism, though not the virulent kind that harms people.

And it really doesn't matter what kinds of women you have fvcked, backbreaker. All sorts of people with secret prejudices date and marry a fvck people of other races. I know for a fact that a lot of brothas fvck white broads but harbor a deep mistrust and hate for white men. It's that whole "I'm fvckin' yo' bytchez, whitey! How you like DAT, fool!" syndrome. I know Asian and Hispanic guys that do the same thing. I also know white men and women who date/sleep with Asians/Hispanics/blacks, but when push comes to shove have no respect for them as a culture/people.

It is easy to fvck people of different races, backbreaker. After all - it's a matter of merely thrusting your pelvis in and out: you don't need to be open-minded or unbiased to do that.

It's the saddest thing in the world for me to see people who are so busy being "color-blind" and "open-minded" that they forget to love and cherish those who mean the most to them - their own culture. This isn't a matter of nationalism or isolationism - it's a matter of loving yourself enough to date your own. :)

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JSH
selectively racist jake,

Selective racism is *very* hard to pinpoint, even in one's self. Us ethnic dudes are always bombarded with images of white hoes with fake eyelashes and tits and blonde hair, so it really does fvck with our heads. You have to search DEEP within yourself and offer yourself a dose of painful honesty to determine if you indeed have seeds of self-hate in you. Many people do - more than you think.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
talis, that's funny. Me and this chick I was seeing got into an arguement because she did not believe me when I said I do not find Halle Berry attractive, and I honeslty don't.

you are not going to believe this, no one does, but Denzel Washington is my second cousin. We have the same last name and I didn' t know until I saw him at a family reuion around 10 years ago. Pretty cool guy as you could imagine.

jakethesnake, it seems like you are the only one who doesn't understand what is going on. Me and Talis are in the same boad. BLACK WOMAN ARE NOT MY CUP OF TEA. That's it. Read into it what you will.

Reaction score

Am I black? yes, and I am damn proud of who I am. I wish that we could hold ourseleves to a higher standard, but to be frank, right now we can't. It trips me out how people do all of the things that we are sterotyped as doing such as listening to loud music, havoing bad manners, being uneducated, blowing money on items that aren't needed, etc, but when a white person, or any person of any other race brings it up,l he is racist? No, he is telling it like he sees it. He is telling it how I see it. If you want respect, stop doing things that take respect away from you.
1. Your comment: “I wish that we could hold ourseleves to a higher standard, but to be frank, right now we can't.” Is what is holding black Americans back. You actually believe what you said?
2. You actually believe that it’s just us listening to loud music? Have you been outside in the real world lately kid? It’s white kids saggin and listening to loud music nowadays as well.
3. You actually think all blacks spend their money of frivolous things? Who got into your head the KKK? Your beginning to disgust me! I heard there are brothers like you out there, I’ve even seen a few on one of those talk shows who actually hate being black. You say your proud but then you go on to endorse stereo types.
4. Kissing up to a white man will not get you anywhere in this world young brother. It just gets you smelly lips!

how am I wrong because I don't find black woman attractive? If I found one that I was attracted to and worth dating, I would, but I haven't in a while, and I am not going to date anyone just to make it look like I am not a sellout, I would be doing myself and the girl an injustice.
1. WTF!!! You are a sell out…sorry kid. And this is from a man who has dated mostly white women in my life. I still think sisters have the bad’est bodies out there. If there were more in my environment (gyms) I would date more.
2. I used to think as you thought. “if there were only ones pretty enough and smart enough to date I would”. When all the while all I had to do was open my eyes. I actually started going to black clubs and was amazed at the intelligent and educated sisters that were up in there…so I dated a few. The only reason why I stopped was I was a major player at the time and I feel that our sisters do not deserve that. When I’m ready to get married again who do you think I will go to?
3. Ain’t nuthin better for a black man than a fine black woman kid. You will learn this later on in your young assed life.

1. You don’t find them WHAT???? OHHHH HELL NAWWWW!!!!! And you say your not a step and fetch? Oh that means uncle tom. I don’t know if you know what uncle tom means so ask your momma Brandon. And Speaking of your name I think that is the whole problem to begin with. WTF??? They gave you a white (sorry to say it) name. No wonder you don’t like sista’s. They punk you out don’t they. And you must be listening to your parents which seems obvious too me, as shows in how they named you.

2. I'll can make a bunch of other assumptions just based on your name and what you had to say, but I won't bother wasting our time

I am just to a point where I am able to accecpt the fact that I do not find them, at least for the most part, sexually attractive. If a black woman were to tell me that, I wouldn't have the slightest problem. Different people do it for different people.
I do have a question to ask you. Your mom is black but is your Dad white? If so then this would explain a lot of what you had to say. If you are then you probably have white features but tight curly hair right. I’ve noticed that when the mom is white then the hair is different, but when the dad is white you get your momma’s type of hair.

I’m done with you Brandon. Yes this old assed nigga has had his fill. You have a lot to learn in life black man. Your young so I do hope you learn it quick before you find yourself in too deep.

Now my attempt isn’t to start a flame war because I will never post up to you again, nor will I respond to anything you have to say. If you want me to see it PM me since I’ve just put you on ignore.

Remember I've been where your at. There was a time when I too hated being black when I was your age. You will grow out of it believe me. I too thought sista's were not smart enough to date...and I hated hip hop dancing and music and all that...yes I was a uncle tom until I woke the fawk up. Now as you can see I love my race and being black.

Peace out Brandon----old black term

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you are not going to believe this, no one does, but Denzel Washington is my second cousin. We have the same last name and I didn' t know until I saw him at a family reuion around 10 years ago. Pretty cool guy as you could imagine.
well i can't say i do believe you either, but if you're telling the truth, then dayem, luck bastard! tell him i says hi! lol.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

OH SH!T!!!!!! Youre related to the best black actor of all time?! That guy is one of my heroes, ever since I was a kid....

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Your comment: “I wish that we could hold ourseleves to a higher standard, but to be frank, right now we can't.” Is what is holding black Americans back. You actually believe what you said?
2. You actually believe that it’s just us listening to loud music? Have you been outside in the real world lately kid? It’s white kids saggin and listening to loud music nowadays as well.
3. You actually think all blacks spend their money of frivolous things? Who got into your head the KKK? Your beginning to disgust me! I heard there are brothers like you out there, I’ve even seen a few on one of those talk shows who actually hate being black. You say your proud but then you go on to endorse stereo types.
4. Kissing up to a white man will not get you anywhere in this world young brother. It just gets you smelly lips!

1. WTF!!! You are a sell out…sorry kid. And this is from a man who has dated mostly white women in my life. I still think sisters have the bad’est bodies out there. If there were more in my environment (gyms) I would date more.
2. I used to think as you thought. “if there were only ones pretty enough and smart enough to date I would”. When all the while all I had to do was open my eyes. I actually started going to black clubs and was amazed at the intelligent and educated sisters that were up in there…so I dated a few. The only reason why I stopped was I was a major player at the time and I feel that our sisters do not deserve that. When I’m ready to get married again who do you think I will go to?
3. Ain’t nuthin better for a black man than a fine black woman kid. You will learn this later on in your young assed life.

1. You don’t find them WHAT???? OHHHH HELL NAWWWW!!!!! And you say your not a step and fetch? Oh that means uncle tom. I don’t know if you know what uncle tom means so ask your momma Brandon. And Speaking of your name I think that is the whole problem to begin with. WTF??? They gave you a white (sorry to say it) name. No wonder you don’t like sista’s. They punk you out don’t they. And you must be listening to your parents which seems obvious too me, as shows in how they named you.

2. I'll can make a bunch of other assumptions just based on your name and what you had to say, but I won't bother wasting our time

I do have a question to ask you. Your mom is black but is your Dad white? If so then this would explain a lot of what you had to say. If you are then you probably have white features but tight curly hair right. I’ve noticed that when the mom is white then the hair is different, but when the dad is white you get your momma’s type of hair.

I’m done with you Brandon. Yes this old assed nigga has had his fill. You have a lot to learn in life black man. Your young so I do hope you learn it quick before you find yourself in too deep.

Now my attempt isn’t to start a flame war because I will never post up to you again, nor will I respond to anything you have to say. If you want me to see it PM me since I’ve just put you on ignore.

Remember I've been where your at. There was a time when I too hated being black when I was your age. You will grow out of it believe me. I too thought sista's were not smart enough to date...and I hated hip hop dancing and music and all that...yes I was a uncle tom until I woke the fawk up. Now as you can see I love my race and being black.

player supreme, you are correct, I should have worded what I said better.

Okay, i am smart enough to know that most sterotypes are just that... sterotypes. I really don't know any people who just listen to blasting music.

But I do know that most african american are not only uneducated, but are proud of the fact that they are uneducated. I know alot of black american woman that are proud that they are teenage moms. I can go on and on.

You mistake most for all. I don't think ALL african american spend money on pointless items, but I know MOST do. I don't (for the most part), I am sure you don't. I hope your friends don't, most of mine don't, but from my past experiences in school, my old friends, basketball teammates, etc, MOST do.

How do I 'hate' being black? I love it! as a matter of fact, I it works to my advantage in more ways than one. First, I stand out to most woman, because most never see a young african american male with his head on his sholders like I have mine. Second, I get alot of business reconigation (although I hate it for the same reason) because I can't do anything positive without being seen as "that young black man", not just "that young businessman" That irks me, but hey.

son, I kiss up to no one. I am a very sucessful young man, I have my views. I don't look up to anyone, I don't model myself after anyone execpt myself. I work for myself just so I wouldn't have to kiss a white man's ass to get a promotion.

okay, PLEASE explain to me how my liking white woman is different then YOUR liking white woman? The reason I don't date them is becasuse I am not attracted to them. I have asked this question 3 times but yet no one has answered it, how does that make me a "sellout"?

I cannot make myself clear enough. I know some cute, smart black woman. I know one in particular that is very cute, and very smart. my ex girlfriend was like this. But at the end of the day, I counldn't get an erection when I was with her because I wasn't attracted to her in that way.

Ain’t nuthin better for a black man than a fine black woman kid. You will learn this later on in your young assed life

this just proved I am more mature than you would ever hope to be. No, there isn't nothing better for a black man than a smart, intelligent, loyal WOMAN, regardless of what color she is. I am a sellout, but you are saying that you have to date inside your race to be happy. How much sence does that make.

What the hell are you talking about? My name is Brandon. I have a cousin who's name is Bradley. Brandon and Bradley are very, very common American names. Not just by black people, but also by white people.

The HS basketball team I played on had 3 Brandon's on it (Including myself) and all of us were Black. That's the most insane thing I have ever heard. I dare you to tell my mom she isn't black and I would laugh as she slaps you silly.

NO, my dad is Black, my whole family is Black, Mr " i can make assumptions because of your name" that's the stupidest crap I have heard all day.

I have you know it the best relationshipo I have ever been with is with a black woman. I lost my virginity to a black woman (was actually probably the best I have been with to date), the last time I cryed over a girl was a black woman.

I am not saying I have anything aginst black woman, I just don't find them attractive. There are 4 other people who have said the same thing, but I get picked on.

To sum it up, your post, is exaclty what I dispiise about most black males. You can't even hold an intelligent conversaion with me. You don't have to like what I am saying, hell you don't have to agree with it, but at least RESEPECT it. There is alot of stuff i read her that I don't like, but I respect other peoples point of view as if it were my own because that's the mature thing to do, not call someone an uncle tom becauase they are sucessful and happen to not be particularly attracted to black woman.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

player supreme, you are correct, I should have worded what I said better.

Okay, i am smart enough to know that most sterotypes are just that... sterotypes. I really don't know any people who just listen to blasting music.

But I do know that most african american are not only uneducated, but are proud of the fact that they are uneducated. I know alot of black american woman that are proud that they are teenage moms. I can go on and on.

You mistake most for all. I don't think ALL african american spend money on pointless items, but I know MOST do. I don't (for the most part), I am sure you don't. I hope your friends don't, most of mine don't, but from my past experiences in school, my old friends, basketball teammates, etc, MOST do.

How do I 'hate' being black? I love it! as a matter of fact, I it works to my advantage in more ways than one. First, I stand out to most woman, because most never see a young african american male with his head on his sholders like I have mine. Second, I get alot of business reconigation (although I hate it for the same reason) because I can't do anything positive without being seen as "that young black man", not just "that young businessman" That irks me, but hey.

son, I kiss up to no one. I am a very sucessful young man, I have my views. I don't look up to anyone, I don't model myself after anyone execpt myself. I work for myself just so I wouldn't have to kiss a white man's ass to get a promotion.

okay, PLEASE explain to me how my liking white woman is different then YOUR liking white woman? The reason I don't date them is becasuse I am not attracted to them. I have asked this question 3 times but yet no one has answered it, how does that make me a "sellout"?

I cannot make myself clear enough. I know some cute, smart black woman. I know one in particular that is very cute, and very smart. my ex girlfriend was like this. But at the end of the day, I counldn't get an erection when I was with her because I wasn't attracted to her in that way.

Ain’t nuthin better for a black man than a fine black woman kid. You will learn this later on in your young assed life

this just proved I am more mature than you would ever hope to be. No, there isn't nothing better for a black man than a smart, intelligent, loyal WOMAN, regardless of what color she is. I am a sellout, but you are saying that you have to date inside your race to be happy. How much sence does that make.

What the hell are you talking about? My name is Brandon. I have a cousin who's name is Bradley. Brandon and Bradley are very, very common American names. Not just by black people, but also by white people.

The HS basketball team I played on had 3 Brandon's on it (Including myself) and all of us were Black. That's the most insane thing I have ever heard. I dare you to tell my mom she isn't black and I would laugh as she slaps you silly.

NO, my dad is Black, my whole family is Black, Mr " i can make assumptions because of your name" that's the stupidest crap I have heard all day.

I have you know it the best relationshipo I have ever been with is with a black woman. I lost my virginity to a black woman (was actually probably the best I have been with to date), the last time I cryed over a girl was a black woman.

I am not saying I have anything aginst black woman, I just don't find them attractive. There are 4 other people who have said the same thing, but I get picked on.

To sum it up, your post, is exaclty what I dispiise about most black males. You can't even hold an intelligent conversaion with me. You don't have to like what I am saying, hell you don't have to agree with it, but at least RESEPECT it. There is alot of stuff i read her that I don't like, but I respect other peoples point of view as if it were my own because that's the mature thing to do, not call someone an uncle tom because they are sucessful and happen to not be particularly attracted to black woman.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheInfamousCBear
OH SH!T!!!!!! Youre related to the best black actor of all time?! That guy is one of my heroes, ever since I was a kid....
Yeah, would you believe it. I actually have his phone number around here somewhere but I haven't spoken to him in quite a while.

I am related to a copule of famous people. Issac Bruce is my cousin by marriage, or I guess my 2nd cousin.

Mike Jones, who plays for Arkansas Razorbacks is my first cousin (his mom and my dad are sister and brother)

Todd Day is my one of my uncles (ex NBA player)

Quincy Lewis, who played in the NBA but not anymore, is my best friends brother. I consider him my cousin so I say Lou (his nickname) is my cousin as well.

I grew up next door, not a block a way, not down the street, litaerly next door to Derek Fisher. His mom is the sweetest person I know.

I am related to a couple more lesser known famous people that I doubt anyone knows. I am pretty well known around Arkansas myself, so I wouldn't be suprised if people say that they are related to me.

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
denzel eh? you'd definately learn a thing or two from him.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW, I know this is off topic, but Derek Fisher is well known now, but wasn't even close to being the best player on his HS team.

He played on quite possibliy the best high school team of any time, anwhere. Not joking.

Not just looking at one superstar and 4 role players, or 2 very good players and role players.

LR Parkview in 92' had a starting 5 that was not only the best in the country, but all 5 of them at one point of time played for an NBA team.

Corey Beck (Arkanas- Charlotte Hornets), Wes Flannigan (Auburn-Charloette Hornets), Quincy Lewis (Minnesota-Utah Jazz/Minnesota T-Wolves), Dieon Cross (Standford, Miami Heat), Derek Fisher (UALR, LA Lakers)

It even gets better. Their bench, had Jason Harrison, who later played and starred for Ole Miss, Chris Watson, who played D-2 ball in Arkansas, a couple of other players I can't remember that signed for UALR and I am missing someone else. Oh, Wes Flannigan's little brother, Buc Flannigan, who played for Ole miss or Auburn one of the two.

All in all, they were literaly 18 deep when you could dress out 15, and their 92' team had I think 11 players who went on to play college basketball and 5-6 that went to the NBA.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brandon (may I call you that?),

I just about shyt my pants when I say that P_S was agreeing with me, in a nutshell! :D

What he says is actually true though, Brandon. Maybe you'll see it in about 3-5 years when you're slightly older. I really don't want to sound like I'm being patronizing, but I am a few years older than you, and as a fellow young man of color, I have to FULLY endorse what P_S said about 'his being there before'.

Why do I say this? It's because I've been there too - I began to wonder if the reason it wasn't ever 'cool to be Asian' (it's cool to be white (skaters, surfers, rockers, etc.), and it's cool to be (act) black....) was because we were inferior. That's when I first started trying to date white girls, thinking that their coolness would rub off on me (and believe it or not, other ethnic-people go thru *exactly* the same thing as African-Americans do - because we are people of color in a White Man's world). Later, I was *really* ****ing embarrassed about my behavior, as I realized that I was being a sellout (precisely around your age, as a matter of fact). Many Asian peeps have told me that I was one, and at the time I had brushed them off, labelling them as 'hatas' are 'fools that would never understand. As it turned out, *I* was the one that didnt' understand. I was young. Inexperienced. Naive.

And that's pretty much it, bro. Despite your protestations, there isn't much to argue over. There are some things in life that you just *cannot* argue about. These things include sex, experience, identity, and science (there are more, of course). As you get older year by year, I think that young men start to realize this more and more - that there is a rhyme and reason, a *reason* to life - a reason to why things are the way they are. ;)