Are you Good-Looking???

theSpeculator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was at the mall to buy new clothes b/c of the 75% off sale Dillards was having. I started small chat with the cash register and somehow the conversation lead to a discussion about my looks. When I was about to leave she ended the covo by saying, "I think you are a very handsome man." I believed her b/c she seems like a very smart person that knows what she's talking about.

Strangely, this is the first time I ever heard a woman DIRECTLY say that to me.

Usually I know I am b/c I see girls look and smile at me. Some girls look once and look away, but still keep me in range of their perpheral vision. I even notice some girl would stare directly in front of them (no movement of their eyes) as I walk pass them while checking them out. And I have also gotten the "look down and away" motion.

Furthermore, guys accused me of being a player or a pimp. My classmates thinks I'm pimping all the girls in my class.

Yet from all this evidence, I don't get many "you're good-looking" compliments from girls.

It has dawn on me that when you're good-looking however aslo perceived as an AFC (ie. too nice!), girls will have no problem saying it to your face. But when you are good-looking and very confident, you are 1) expected to already know you're hot stuff and/or 2) the girls are too intimidated to say it too you.

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only been called 'cute' but, not the more refined 'very handsome man' yet.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls won't out and say you're cute to your face. But you can easily tell from their demeanors towards you. If they like your looks then they will be warm, touchy/feely, attentive listeners, laugh at jokes, etc etc.

I never used to think I was attractive. I always chalked up my success with women due to my knowledge acquired from this site. I always thought my mom and her friends were just being nice when they said I was a handsome boy lol.

It never hit me that I could consider myself a handsome man until I was sleeping in my room two weeks ago and a girl from down the hall came and jumped into bed with me. Inbetween messing around she told me of how her friends on other floors were always talking about how cute I looked and were considering a threesome :eek: :)

I think you hit the nail on the head. When you are a DJ and look good, girls will never tell you to your face, cause they know you have the confidence and charisma that goes with being a DJ.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it is intimidation.

I've had my own share - one evening at a resteraunt, a nice looking woman (noticed her right away too), told someone sitting by her that i was the most handsome man she had ever seen.

Another evening at the same resteraunt, a cute Blonde was telling her guy friend next to her "You see that guy in that booth, he's really hot, i want to fvck him". Needless to say this was after bar time, but it came out - lol.

I guess i need to visit this resteraunt more often.

The smiles and long stares i'll get from the more confident girls, but the really insecure ones will look and then pretend they weren't looking etc.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to think I am. I've been told I am, and women compliment me on my eyes a lot.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She threw you off your game!

Of course I'm joking. Compliments often take people aback. Try to use the compliment to form a witty and ****y crack.

Fem: "I think you are a very handsome man."

You: Thank you, it appears plastic surgery has done wonders (humorous tone)

or

Fem: "I think you are a very handsome man."

You: "What base does very handsome get me to with you?" (humorous tone again)

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Upon further review.....yes I am.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by theSpeculator

Furthermore, guys accused me of being a player or a pimp. My classmates thinks I'm pimping all the girls in my class.
^Either that or they hate on you.

And the girls you ignore call you ugly or gay under there breathe but never stop looking at you or easedropping on you.

It's some bull**** really.

You're gonna piss off alot insecure people no matter what.I'll tell you this..let the chics talk ****,the guys will try to **** you up if they think your stuck-up.

Be easy and talk to the chics on the low.

P.S. If you are goodlooking and afc they'll eat you alive. It's a no-win situation with that.

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I don't like the shape my body is in, I consider myself a pretty good looking guy. Girls have told me that I have pretty eyes, that I don't really understand.

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i consider myself a pretty good looking guy due to all the compliments ive gotten.

The one that really boosted my ego is when some girls told me that whenever i walk by the freshman girls classroom they all go "laylas coming" and they go to the window and look out (we have big windows)

I winked at them once, and they all started giggling.

The truth is though, its not about looks(were on this site arent we?)

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tmpgstx

The smiles and long stares i'll get from the more confident girls, but the really insecure ones will look and then pretend they weren't looking etc.
Ain't that the truth man. Intimidation throws me off. I like the confident girls, they're alot easier to talk to. The intimidated ones piss me off.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with the guy that said if your a goodlooking afc, that these insecure retards woul it you alive, back when i was 14,15 in high school guys would tell me im ugly while they were the ugliest things ever it never borthered me because all the females kept comming to me it got to a point i was so insecure that i thought girls were only looking at me because i was ugly lol, its funny how insecure people are on this planet .
if your goodlooking i dont think its isnt always a good idea to humble yourself, because people dont appreciate when your nice to them, i see many good looking guys and my college are all single and have few friends my guess is beause people hate on them and spread rumors about them, either calling them gay or wateva . what a world of jealous bastards we live in. lol
its funny how girls act scared around me , sometimes i dont even beilive my own hype.:cool:

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by skeeloo
i agree with the guy that said if your a goodlooking afc, that these insecure retards woul it you alive, back when i was 14,15 in high school guys would tell me im ugly while they were the ugliest things ever it never borthered me because all the females kept comming to me it got to a point i was so insecure that i thought girls were only looking at me because i was ugly lol, its funny how insecure people are on this planet .
if your goodlooking i dont think its isnt always a good idea to humble yourself, because people dont appreciate when your nice to them, i see many good looking guys and my college are all single and have few friends my guess is beause people hate on them and spread rumors about them, either calling them gay or wateva . what a world of jealous bastards we live in. lol
its funny how girls act scared around me , sometimes i dont even beilive my own hype.:cool:
It was the same way for me. I was always told I was good looking by girls and my mom's friends yet the ugly guys always put down my looks. I was also a nice guy and that made the guys think they could pick on me even more. I thought that if I was nice (which I naturally am) they wouldn't think of me as a ****y stuckup jerk. That worked but them thinking I was a nice guy made them more comfortable putting me down. They made me think I wasn't good enough for any girls even though the girls thought I was good looking. They're basically the reason i'm at this site.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive gotten the "your hot" comments on and off throughout my life. It wasnt until I put on 50+ pounds of muscle mass that I started getting it from all types of girls.

Most girls are too shy to just up and tell you, but if they're comfortable w/ you or confident and outgoing, they are more likely to let you know, I think.

Ive gotten everything from "your so cute" to the occaisional "Oh my God he's f*cking beautiful". I dont really let it go to my head as I am a pretty modest guy.

It can be a stellar confidence boost, though. Just my 2 cents.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My reflection always smiles back in the mirror...I think that's a good thing.

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I take it I am good looking. Ive had girls..
1. Stalk me and she bought me airtime for my cellphone just so I would answer her calls. (Okay, maybe thats not looks but still)
2. Ive had numerous girls say to my face "You are hot"
3. Ive had "Your eyes, id **** you now"
4. Ive had girls tell me im 9/10 and the average call is 8/10 on me.
5. Im 5,8 , 176cm tall...AND i get all this you dont need to be 6,2 to be amazingly good looking. So all those threads about you need to be 6 foot--- B.S.
6. Ive had girls tell me I look Italian/French/Spanish - apparently the people from their are ment to be good looking.