Am i unattractive if I don't get approached...

Malachi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it that i'm unattractive if i don't get approached by ANY girls....apart from them asking for a cigerette?.

NO girls EVER EVER approach me...even though if i go dancing or go talk to whatever girls...i'm able to basically get a kiss,dance or grope or what not....

It's just it does concern me.....i'm not gonna sound to big headed here, But i'm a catch...i have the right body language that show's confidence and sexual desire.....i go out looking very smart...like long sleeve shirts nice jeans and smell real good.

Yet no girls ever approach me....just wondering if it's down to looks or not showing enough sex appeal or whatever?...i just don't get it.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dunno the answer to this one. i don't get approached but i get plenty of eye contact and smiles and such. and convos start pretty easily.

maybe you just look too intimidating?

Malachi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by reyalp
dunno the answer to this one. i don't get approached but i get plenty of eye contact and smiles and such. and convos start pretty easily.

maybe you just look too intimidating?
...Ok this WILL SOUND BIGHEADED....but i think sometimes i look TOO smart,clean,good looking to be approached.

I have been told sometimes...by familly...so i can't really believe anything they say...but they say i look to good...i needa look less attractive in what i wear...look like etc.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you want chicks to approach you?

Last time I checked those with balls did the approaching. And if you're all that you describe you shouldnt have any problems picking up chicks.

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never trust your mom when she says you're a good looking young man. ;-)

But yeah, maybe they are just afraid they'll get snubbed if they approach you. Quite possible - girls are terrible AFC's when it comes to rejection! :)

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been told I am very good looking, and I think I have had all of 2 girls ever seriously approach me my entire life.

Girls, espically hot ones, don't appraoch.. they show interest. Big difference

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Keeper
Never trust your mom when she says you're a good looking young man. ;-)
My mother must be an exception to the rule... She would always tell me she didn't know whenever i asked her as a boy if i was a cute boy or not. I had to find out from other girls at my school...

Imagine my self esteem before i figured out that girls teasing me was actually showing interest o_O

Mothers rule!

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you're somehow giving off the vibe that you're already taken.

That or your looks are so great that the ladies just get intimidated.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
girls aren't generally bold enough to approach guys regardless of how good-looking the guy is

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to bust some bubbles, but if you are good looking girls will normally approach or make eye contact or something (not saying you aren't), but thats just been my experinece!

Sayno'

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Malachi
...Ok this WILL SOUND BIGHEADED....but i think sometimes i look TOO smart,clean,good looking to be approached.

I have been told sometimes...by familly...so i can't really believe anything they say...but they say i look to good...i needa look less attractive in what i wear...look like etc.
this is the attitude that can make you seem stuck up and drive people away. Be a little more humble.

Logen

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah that's it you're just too good looking to get laid.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Logen
yeah that's it you're just too good looking to get laid.
lol!

Originally posted by n00bPimp
this is the attitude that can make you seem stuck up and drive people away. Be a little more humble.
No, it's okay to be ****y. Better overconfident than underconfident.
Anyway, girls don't approach, period! Some of them might really really like u and still won't approach. They'll think in their mind what's wrong with him? Don't sit around waiting for them to approach you b/c they're sitting around waiting for you to approach them.

I consider myself a handsome guy, and a very small number of chicks approached me. So imagine all the girls that would be receptive if I had approached them.

So yea, You're the man, it's your job. I don't know why, but just gotta do it.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a good looking guy... I don't usually have girls approach me though. "I" have to make that effort. But I've had chicks flirt with me (like HB8's) step on my shoes and grab me while playing basketball with them at P.E. But, I do get a TON of EC when walking in the mall... If you don't at least EC from chicks, maybe you should consider that you might not be as good looking as you think. Btw, a pic would help... Post it if you have one...

And I'm not saying you aren't good looking. It's just that sometimes people think they are hot when they aren't.

*peace*

- Neon

paranoid_schizo

Reaction score
hoping to get some djs' opinion on my situation.

i really have no idea if i'm ugly, reasonable looking, or even attractive.

-whenever i walk around and admire the girls, they immediately make eye contact. i conducted a tiny(n~50) experiment and over 90% of girls immediately make eye contact with me when i admire them.
-after talking(not trying to pick them up) to girls, i would hear occassionally whispers of "he's so handsome" or something to that effect when i turn my back to leave.
-one of my female gym acquaintances has directly told me that i'm hot. although i'm unsure whether she is joking or not.
-i get approached by girls on average once or twice a year. but i've always been too flustered or too blind to the signal to do anything.

you would think that i would be confident from this but...
-the ways i have been rejected are just brutal. brutal to the point that i think i will need therapy when i'm 50, with one so humiliating that i will take to my grave. i'm not asking out 9s and 10s, i'm only asking out within my age group, HB5, 6, and occasionally 7.
-i'm in my mid twenties and as i walk thru the hospital i hear patients comparing me to doogie howser md because of how young i look. even i'm not sure that i look older than 17.

i really have no idea what to think at all.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, if u have a myspace, go on a group. And join a game like

"Would you have sex/make-out with the person above you"

See how many girls reply with a yes, you'll brutally honest get an idea of how many girls think you're hot.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey are you expecting cold approaches??

Do you expect for some chick to come up and sit next to you on a park bench and begin chatting you up and then go for a number close with you? :eek:

Ain't gonna happen. Women are not wired this way, not in our culture. They are trained to yearn and pine and wish but not to act. The typical woman would rather not find out if the man of her dreams would go out with her if it means she has to stick her neck out on a limb for that knowledge.

Women are infinitely more patient than us. Rather than get things rolling, they will just move on and wonder 'what if'.

Let me tell you: I am not great looking, I am not some super-hunk model dude, but I've had women "hit" on me. It's always been women who share a similiar social group with me. Women who are friends of friends, women who I work with, etc. And they don't "hit" on me in the typical fashion you're thinking. They build up rapport with me then they start saying things like "here's my number, call me, maybe we can [go see a movie] or [get together for drinks] one of these days". Sometimes they've told me "We should go see a movie" blah blah blah. This is how women hit on men.

The onus is on us, as men, to initiate LTR's or sexual encounters. Why do you think there are so many posts on sites like this entitled how do i know if she's interested?. We have to interpret the signs and move forward if we feel the opening is there. It is up to us to appraise all the opportunities and aim for the ones that seem most favorable to us. That involves interpreting verbal and non-verbal cues. Don't sit there feeling all mopey and dejected cause you aren't getting cold approaches. That's your job dude!

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to find out how good looking you are, post your pic on hotornot.com. But wait until you get like 500 votes to get a true statistical sample of what people think of you. Mines started with an 8.5 rating, it went up to a 9 with about 100 votes then it went down to a 7.8 with 500, so dont get your hopes up too quickly.

SonOfTheMostHigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Malachi
Is it that i'm unattractive if i don't get approached by ANY girls....apart from them asking for a cigerette?.

NO girls EVER EVER approach me...even though if i go dancing or go talk to whatever girls...i'm able to basically get a kiss,dance or grope or what not....

It's just it does concern me.....i'm not gonna sound to big headed here, But i'm a catch...i have the right body language that show's confidence and sexual desire.....i go out looking very smart...like long sleeve shirts nice jeans and smell real good.

Yet no girls ever approach me....just wondering if it's down to looks or not showing enough sex appeal or whatever?...i just don't get it.
Like the above poster said... Go get a few pictures and post them on hot or not, wait a week and see what kind of rating you get. Make sure you take a few of varying qualities and get them rated, different clothes/styles you wear out to clubs, etc.

Really if you're not getting approached, I think the problem would be your body language / how you look or general "default" body language/ demeanor. It's hard to know without seeing you in action on video.

But there's an idea actually, if you could have someone record you while you're out and about, seeing yourself, then you could judge why you seem unapproachable, or you could just ask girls "why or why wouldn't you approach a guy like me? If not... why not?? etc?"

boulepiquante

Banned
Reaction score
WOMEN SIMPLY WON T DO THE APPROACH !!! hardly evetr unless they really got the hots for you
you approach them with an opinionasking line
loads of guys think " she won t rspnd to me !!
what s the point
give yourself a deadline sort of
you hit up on 5 hotties a day and if by 11 at nite you still haven t done so go out and sarge 5 b4 midnite
got the message ?