All Your Clubbing Questions Answered Here

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wutangfinancial said:
^aha. Yes, girls tell me I'm cute, so that wasn't so much the issue. I posted the pics to show the height differential...I'm 5'8. Not a midget, but I'm easily towered over by club going alphas. I live in Montreal.
I started DJing because I love real house music, and I spun hip hop starting 7 years ago. And let's face it, music was made to help short guys get laid.

I dunno. I'm not spinning at top spots yet, I'm not a pro with a big name. I'm asking, if I was a pro with a huge name (at least locally), would I attract girls? Do you know of DJs in Chicago getting girls in spite of height/looks?
This is just sad.

If I didn't know anything about you, just looking at the first pic you posted I can immediately see that you are the beta of the group.

It's your presence that's holding you back and NOTHING ELSE.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wutangfinancial said:
^aha. Yes, girls tell me I'm cute, so that wasn't so much the issue. I posted the pics to show the height differential...I'm 5'8. Not a midget, but I'm easily towered over by club going alphas. I live in Montreal.
I started DJing because I love real house music, and I spun hip hop starting 7 years ago. And let's face it, music was made to help short guys get laid.

I dunno. I'm not spinning at top spots yet, I'm not a pro with a big name. I'm asking, if I was a pro with a huge name (at least locally), would I attract girls? Do you know of DJs in Chicago getting girls in spite of height/looks?
First of all your very negative. 5"8 is good enough height to get most of the girls out there. Being 5"8 your taller than probably 80% of woman. The last 2 girls that I went out with were 5"1 and 5"3 and they were georgeous. If I was 5"8 they still would have went out with me. Your not short at all. Your in the average range so get rid of those negative thoughts. There really is nothing wrong with you except the way you see yourself. There are millions of guys in this world that would die to look like you.

If your a DJ at a club you should be hooking up with woman there. Fix your attitude. My recommendation for you is to go out when your not working.

1. Read the DJ bible.
2. Read a book on self esteem.
3. Write down a list of the things you love about yourself.

You really need to probably also hit the gym since this will release endorphins and you will be seen as more attracted to the oppostie sex. The girls at the club are usually a little more into muscles than the girls that don't club.

Good luck man you have all the talent in the world. Now its up to you to use it. Don't be wasted talent.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes and there is a DJ in Chicago named badboy bill who is fvcking a hot piece of ass and he looks like a 5"4 troll. You have social status now get out there and use it.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coke initially helps your game, because it gives you an "I'm awesome, so who cares what you think" attitude. You can also get the flat out coke wh0res.

But if you do it with any kind of regularity, you become talkative, boring, and self-obsessed. Always having to talk over people to get your piece in. You loose patience with sitting back and listening to people. And of course, you're totally deflated if your supply is out. Does your roommate use as much as you?

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
Coke initially helps your game, because it gives you an "I'm awesome, so who cares what you think" attitude. You can also get the flat out coke wh0res.

But if you do it with any kind of regularity, you become talkative, boring, and self-obsessed. Always having to talk over people to get your piece in. You loose patience with sitting back and listening to people. And of course, you're totally deflated if your supply is out. Does your roommate use as much as you?
Alot of guys I used to club with did coke. I would be in a limo with 15 guys and they would all be doing coke except me. They looked like the happiest people in the world while doing it. But towards the end of the night they looked like the most miserable people on earth.

Today the guys I know many of them still do coke. They don't workout and there idea of a good time is getting together playing cards, drinking and getting coked up. They get call girls instead of actually sarging woman. One night I was with one of them and we were at a club full of girls and he wanted to leave to go play cards and snort coke. Ever since than my relationship with him has never been the same.

I don't recommend coke for the club game. Most girls don't do coke anyway and the ones that do are probably not worth talking to anyway.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I can't get to bed and I will answer all your clubbing questions now if you have any.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wutangfinancial said:
Aight, I'm in the scene, officially. I'm connected, since I DJ (and I'm damn good). I know the drug dealers, DJ's and the club owners. Hell, I know the contractors who build the clubs.

Why am I not getting girls????????
I have $$$, the clothes, the coke, and the music rep. Even I have a hard time thinking looks are that important.
A DJ who has drug connection and still can't get laid?! My god man move to vegas. It doesn't take too long to make a name for yourself in either industry and you get MAJOR play off both despite what you look like. Besides which I looked at your pics and you remind me of a few people who reside in both industries and they kill it.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have some questions. I just started going out to bars and clubs with my roommates. I don't really care for the ridiculously loud music, huge crowds and pointless conversations with drunk people who won't remember me the next day, but it beats sitting at home on Friday/Saturday nights.

What to wear? I don't really have any nice clothes. I've been wearing jeans and collared shirts but it seems kind of boring. What about clubs with stricter dress codes where you can't wear jeans/sneakers? I don't want to be wearing flashy clothes because that's not my style, but I also don't want to look boring. I am totally clueless here.

How do you dance/learn how to dance? I've never danced before, sadly. I don't want to end up talking to some girl and having her ask me to dance when I literally have no idea what to do. This has actually happened to me before and I was stuck so I just started kissing her 30 seconds into it, but I already knew her and that's not going to work most of the time.

How do you deal with paying/tipping for drinks, especially when you're in a large group (6+ people)?

Where can I go to learn about different drinks and etc., because I've only drank a few times in my life so a lot of times when people talk about drinks I have no idea what they're talking about.

Any general tips/etiquette I should be aware of? Just assume I'm an alien who has been dropped on earth to study humans and does not know what a club or bar is.

Sorry for bumping this, I know it's almost 2 months old but the people posting here seem to know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

dalton

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wutang.. Mate your not ugly.. youve got that whole I wanna be a backstreet boy look going on..

Get a better hair cut.. start working out. get a cut jawline and shut the **** up.

Dalton..

Alittude

Don Juan
Reaction score
If there is a group of girls dancing or even just two together, how do you isolate the target from the set? Generally clubs are too loud so is there any non verbal ways to do this without coming off as a creep?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I could really use some advice on my questions because my roommates are talking about going to another club tomorrow night and they'll probably ask me to come. Especially PRMoon and lookyoung, you guys seem to know what you're talking about.

Edit: I thought of another question tonight. All this drinking with my roommates is absolutely killing me in the gym. I tried to lift tonight and felt like a 10 year old girl because I got drunk on Wed and Thurs night. How do I moderate my drinking without looking like an anti-social loser or a creepy guy trying to pick up drunk chicks? I figure if I offer to drive, I will have a good excuse not to drink a lot. Is that a good idea?

Last edited:

DevanE

Don Juan
Reaction score

Great thread!!!

I recently started getting out more because well...I really need to. I've been so caught up with things and just trying to figure stuff out but now it's finally starting to look good so I've been making an effort to ENJOY some of my life. To start with I can literally get in ANY club in my area for free..no joke. I don't have to pay sh**, no nothing. Only drinks. Since I have never drank in my life nor do I plan to that's something I have no worries about neither do I smoke. The problem is that I don't have too many friends ok I'm going to be honest I don't have any friends nor female friends. Majority of my so called "friends" have their own groups already established and they tend to shun me out. You know people I went to school with, used to work with etc etc.

So I tried interacting and making friends with people in my college/university and it didn't seem like many of them were interested in hanging out or ME hanging out with them. They always say "Yeaa give me a call.." or "..yea were gonna hit up blah blah club this weekend..." or etc etc but they tend to never pick up their phones. Plus I feel like that majority of these people seem to be constantly competing or their is SOME underlying sense that I feel as if I'm some type of a threat to them. The only time I actually DO get a call from majority of these people is when they need something...:crackup:. In the end it's alright because it really doesn't matter.

So keeping all this in mind as I mentioned I recently started going out to clubs. Most of the time I get in for free thanks to my connect but the problem is that I'm usually by myself meaning I end up going to the club alone which is probably the toughest things to do. I try saying wssup and being friendly with a couple of guys just so it can at least SEEM like I'm with someone but they tend to just stare me down (because their with their boys, you know everyone is a tough guy in groups). Most of the times I get no response or just dirty stares and frankly I'm not looking to get in a fight with a group of idiots. Just for the record I'm a great dancer, I've been told I'm a great dancer by the very few times I have actually danced with girls.

Since I get shut out by the guys I try infiltrating groups of girls, either just playfully smiling and bumping them, complimenting them or just doing something and I tend to get dirty stares from their as well. I tried dancing with a girl today because she kept on getting closer and closer to my crotch and as soon I came close she turns around, gives me a dirty look and huddles with her group of GF's and they start talking. I mean this is the type of stuff I get. I was chilling in the corner and I decided to get with the music and it was so weird that as soon as I stepped on the floor it was as if I was in my own circle...I can't even explain it. It's like everyone around me moved a foot away.

Oh but here's the highlight for tonight. 2 girls were dancing and one of them started dancing with me. The other one pulls her away from me and I pulled her back and started dancing with her again which she didn't seem to mind at all because she was grinding on me pretty hard. Suddenly the other girl aggressively pulls her away from me and throws her drink on me (my shirt) and walks away with the girl. Now I'm standing their and everyone else starts glancing over to see what happened and I ended up leaving the club because that was it.

Now what the hell is a guy supposed to do...? I'm a good looking dude, nice build, height but I have no "social status" or no "value". As soon as I enter a club as you mentioned I seem like a "creep" but I usually have fun dancing and try to have fun just feeling the music. I'm pretty confident and my usual goal is not even to pull a chick but just dance and have fun but it just feels like the odds are against me on this one. I need some serious tips on how I can go about this and conquer the club by MYSELF. :eek:

Thanks in advance. :up:

P.S:- If you want to see how I look like I'll send you a link to my myspace page in your PM because I don't want to post it in the public forum.

teagan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey lookyoung, how do you break through the initial *****y, plain stuck up look some girls portray at the bars/clubs. I live in Lincoln Park and usually the girls are really chill and open to talk but sometimes they just look like complete *****es but they are complete *****es Id still like to get with. So how do I make em crack a smile and talk?

Oh, and Republic is pretty sweet...good choice.

baurman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I'm dancing with a girl,
How do I escalate to make-out with her on the dancefloor or whatnot? How would I know if she' s cool with it or not? I don't want to ask her but maybe just move in to it?

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I promised alot of people that I would never post on this site again. But I got so many recent questions on this thread that they will all be answered starting around midnight tonight(am busy right now). I will address all of you guys and have all your questions answered within the next 36 hours or so.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
I have some questions. I just started going out to bars and clubs with my roommates. I don't really care for the ridiculously loud music, huge crowds and pointless conversations with drunk people who won't remember me the next day, but it beats sitting at home on Friday/Saturday nights.

What to wear? I don't really have any nice clothes. I've been wearing jeans and collared shirts but it seems kind of boring. What about clubs with stricter dress codes where you can't wear jeans/sneakers? I don't want to be wearing flashy clothes because that's not my style, but I also don't want to look boring. I am totally clueless here.

How do you dance/learn how to dance? I've never danced before, sadly. I don't want to end up talking to some girl and having her ask me to dance when I literally have no idea what to do. This has actually happened to me before and I was stuck so I just started kissing her 30 seconds into it, but I already knew her and that's not going to work most of the time.

How do you deal with paying/tipping for drinks, especially when you're in a large group (6+ people)?

Where can I go to learn about different drinks and etc., because I've only drank a few times in my life so a lot of times when people talk about drinks I have no idea what they're talking about.

Any general tips/etiquette I should be aware of? Just assume I'm an alien who has been dropped on earth to study humans and does not know what a club or bar is.

Sorry for bumping this, I know it's almost 2 months old but the people posting here seem to know what they're talking about.

Wear something you feel comfortable in. Something that suits you. You have to get in were you fit in. I personally like mma style type of clothing. Affliction, extreme coutoure, punishment. This style may not be for everyone. Shop at places like nordstroms and guess, These stores are a safe bet for clubbing clothes no matter your age. They are pricey so if your looking for something cheaper go to the gap or express. There prices are pretty reasonable. If your muscular than were something that is going to show your build a little more. You may want to wear something with shorter sleaves to show your arms. If your heavy you could wear black dress pants with a collar shirt. This will hide the beer gut. The most important thing like I said is too wear something your comfortable in. If your comfortable in preppy clothes than don't dress like a hip-hop artist and vice versa.

You could learn to dance at the comfort of your own home. You just need a mirror and a radio. The key too being a good dancer is being comfortable with your body and feeling the music. You could also take dance classes. If you look around you at the clubs most guys are not the best dancers anyway so even if your ok you will not lose any points with woman. I personally was never the best dancer in the world but have had plenty of success without dancing. Don't put too much stock in dancing. If a woman asks you to dance you could just say I rather conversate a little bit longer. If she is really digging you she probably won't mind.

If you and your friends open up the tab than look at the bill and do some math. If the total bill is 300 dollars and you have 6 guys with you thats 50 dollars that you have to pay plus 15 percent of that comes out to 57.50. If your buying a drink by yourself than a dollar tip is usually ok. Note the standard tipping rule is 15% of your bill so you can't go wrong with that.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alittude said:
If there is a group of girls dancing or even just two together, how do you isolate the target from the set? Generally clubs are too loud so is there any non verbal ways to do this without coming off as a creep?
I would like to say your better off approaching woman when they are not dancing. Approach them along the bar or any other area in the club. I personally find it better to talk to the girl first. If you want to approach woman on the dance floor you could try walking through the dance floor and look at girls and see if any give you eye contact. If one looks at you for say more than 3 seconds than you step over and dance with her. That is your best bet for approaching on the dance floor.

If your a great dancer you could dance a few feet a way from your target and if a woman is impressed with your dance skills they will probably step over to you to dance, or you could slowly make your way towards them. You will not come across as a creep. Woman are there for the attention and you will probably never see these brauds again so get that out of your head.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Hey, I could really use some advice on my questions because my roommates are talking about going to another club tomorrow night and they'll probably ask me to come. Especially PRMoon and lookyoung, you guys seem to know what you're talking about.

Edit: I thought of another question tonight. All this drinking with my roommates is absolutely killing me in the gym. I tried to lift tonight and felt like a 10 year old girl because I got drunk on Wed and Thurs night. How do I moderate my drinking without looking like an anti-social loser or a creepy guy trying to pick up drunk chicks? I figure if I offer to drive, I will have a good excuse not to drink a lot. Is that a good idea?
Your better of sticking to beer and drinking it at a slow pace, Or better yet drinking a coke or 7up. Everyone will assume your drinking. If your worried about sugar than get water in a glass with ice.

MikeEdward1973

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question about getting into clubs.

Until recently, as weird as this sounds, I did not know you could palm the guy at the door, and he would let you in. I found this out completely accidentally! I was with a date, the door guy would not let us inside and said we had to wait in the long line, and I was completely joking when I mentioned that I'd give him $50 if he let us in. And he was more than willing to take me up on it, so I did it.

We had a great time, and yes, I hooked up with my date.

Could you talk a bit about the protocol & normal 'rates' for buying off the guy at the door? Let's just say that money was not an issue - does this work at every club? I feel like I've discovered some really cool super power. I normally *hate* clubs because I thought you always had to wait in line, but if I can just buy the guy off, I'm all for it!