Adone's Journal

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you guys, I'll try to get those lifts up...

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yo dude... .difference for you is 30 lbs of 120.

that's 25% of 120 lbs, or 33% of 90 lbs.... sooo ... let's put your bench at like 200 lbs.

if you kept the same ratio, your military would be 150, which would be pretty damn good... but bigger difference...

Now, here's my synopsis.

Since you complain about being "stocky," I'm betting your delts are probably stronger than your chest/tris. Your front delts can hoist the weight, and you might have a tendency to try to transfer the workload to them when you do your bench. Because of this,

A) your delts are bigger, hence your "stockiness."

B) your bench isn't as big as it should be to make the military press even out.

But, that's just my hypothesis, a little guestimation....

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
yo dude... .difference for you is 30 lbs of 120.

that's 25% of 120 lbs, or 33% of 90 lbs.... sooo ... let's put your bench at like 200 lbs.

if you kept the same ratio, your military would be 150, which would be pretty damn good... but bigger difference...

Now, here's my synopsis.

Since you complain about being "stocky," I'm betting your delts are probably stronger than your chest/tris. Your front delts can hoist the weight, and you might have a tendency to try to transfer the workload to them when you do your bench. Because of this,

A) your delts are bigger, hence your "stockiness."

B) your bench isn't as big as it should be to make the military press even out.

But, that's just my hypothesis, a little guestimation....

I think my delts are significantly more developed than my torso. Obviously, it's not something that looks ridicule when I'm without a shirt, but still I'd like to change that. Could it be because of the lats? I've never really worked them out, since I don't have any other equipment, but a couple of dumbells, a straight barbell, an EZ barbell and a bench. Should I stick more to pullovers?

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
January 27th Workout

Bench Press: 121lbs x 5; 121lbs x 12; 121lbs x 9; 121lbs x 1;

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
January 29th Workout

Military Press: 95lbs x 8; 95lbs x 7; 95lbs x 8; 95lbs x 6;

I meant to Bench Press, but my fùcking wrist was sore again...

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
January 30th Workout

Bench Presses: 125lbs x 6; 125lbs x 7; 125lbs x 7; 125lbs x 6; 125lbs x 5; 125lbs x 5;

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Because I don't have a Squat Rack, so I can't load too much weight, since I have to do a Good Morning to load the barbell on my back and to unload it.
I've got round this problem by doing BB Hack Squats. If you don't know what these are, look under exercises on bodybuilding.com, they're basically holding the BB behind you with straight arms so that when you're squatted down, the BB is touching your ankles.

Not ideal but definately better than using a weight you can do about 50 reps with!

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great work Adone, but I have to say you're workouts are too close together.

I don't ever go to the gym on consecutive days, even to work different body parts. The strain on your muscles and CNS is too much.

I allow a minimum of 4 days before working the same muscle group again. More often it's 5 or 6 days, and thats on a basic push/pull split.

I notice you frequently refer to joint pain and some muscle pain. I'm willing to bet money that if you go to the gym every second day, and do alternating push/pull workouts, you will eliminate those pains by giving your body a chance to repair.

Repairing is, after all, what we want our body to do - that's where muscle comes from.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GodsGiftToFatBirds
I've got round this problem by doing BB Hack Squats. If you don't know what these are, look under exercises on bodybuilding.com, they're basically holding the BB behind you with straight arms so that when you're squatted down, the BB is touching your ankles.

Not ideal but definately better than using a weight you can do about 50 reps with!

I'll definately follow your advice, when the weight gets too heavy for my spine to bear, but for now, I'm still okay with it, since my legs are really weak.

Originally posted by manuva
Great work Adone, but I have to say you're workouts are too close together.

I don't ever go to the gym on consecutive days, even to work different body parts. The strain on your muscles and CNS is too much.

I allow a minimum of 4 days before working the same muscle group again. More often it's 5 or 6 days, and thats on a basic push/pull split.

I notice you frequently refer to joint pain and some muscle pain. I'm willing to bet money that if you go to the gym every second day, and do alternating push/pull workouts, you will eliminate those pains by giving your body a chance to repair.

Repairing is, after all, what we want our body to do - that's where muscle comes from.

Thanks for your advice, Manuva. I admit I've been wondering about the things you suggested for the last two weeks. Anyway, it seems like my body's reacting better to this kind of workout. Probably it's because I'm somewhat of a newbie and I'm not lifting big weights yet. I've been growing a lot faster since I started doing big weights, so I think it'd be best for me to keep it as it is. As my weights increase, of course I'll have to follow your advice, in order not to injure myself.

I don't know if you're right when you talk about my pains, since the only bodypart I get injured is the right wrist, which leads me to think that the most likely reason is bad form...

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
January 31th Workout

Military Presses: 99lbs x 6; 99lbs x 8; 99lbs x 7; 99lbs x 6; 99lbs x 6; 99lbs x 5;

Always striving for more! Next time, I'm gonna lift 100lbs and more, I'm sure!

For those who care, I haven't been ditching squats, unfortunately the last 2 logs of them have been lost so I couldn't report them in here

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
February 1th Workout

Lying Leg Curls: 44lbs x 15; 66lbs x 12; 66lbs x 12; 66lbs x 12; 66lbs x 12;

Dumbell Pullovers: 48lbs x 12; 48lbs x 12; 48lbs x 12; 48lbs x 12; 88lbs x 8;

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
February 5th Workout

Squats: 99lbs x 12; 121lbs x 10; 121lbs x 10; 121lbs x 10; 121lbs x 10; 121lbs x 10;

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
February 6th Workout

Bench Press: 125lbs x 9; 125lbs x 6; 125lbs x 4; 125lbs x 1; 125lbs x 2; 125lbs x 2;

The right wrist's pain is back again since this morning... I can't really understand what it's due to... It can't be due to working out, since I hadn't been working out for 5 days... Any ideas?

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by alvatore
Your training seems to be progressing nicely. What are your stats Adone?

I've been told by some buddies that I look bigger, yesterday. Anyway my stats are about the same as a couple of weeks ago, just with a lower bodyfat, so that must make me look a bit bigger.

How come my waist size is still the same as a month ago, although I don't have a gut anymore and my abs are visible?!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Adone
I've been told by some buddies that I look bigger, yesterday. Anyway my stats are about the same as a couple of weeks ago, just with a lower bodyfat, so that must make me look a bit bigger.

How come my waist size is still the same as a month ago, although I don't have a gut anymore and my abs are visible?!
Because you don't necessary store (or lose) fat in your waist, or it might not be the first place you lose fat from. Everyone's different. Or you might just naturally be thick-waisted - doesn't mean you're fat.

Take measurements all over (shoulders, chest, thigh, hips etc) and compare, you'll see where you lose fat from.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Because you don't necessary store (or lose) fat in your waist, or it might not be the first place you lose fat from. Everyone's different. Or you might just naturally be thick-waisted - doesn't mean you're fat.

Take measurements all over (shoulders, chest, thigh, hips etc) and compare, you'll see where you lose fat from.

What I mean is that I must have lost some fat from my waist, since I couldn't see my abs a month ago, while now they are visible 90% of the time. Anyway, my waist size hasn't gone down. It's strange because before bulking up I used to be slim-waisted (it measured 27" when my bodyfat was 8%). Now my bodyfat is around 11%, but my waist has gotten significantly bigger (it's around 32" flexed and 33-34" relaxed).

It somewhat bothers me that I used to have a V-Tape before bulking up and now I don't have it anymore:(

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by alvatore
Do you have big lats/shoulders?

Most people say that I'm really broad-shouldered, but I've started to work out my lats just recently. Plus I can only do pullovers as a lat exercise, so they're not really developed.