Actor Heath Ledger DIES!!

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Until the M.E's report is leaked out we won't know for sure but I'd say it's safe to assume it was not an intentional suicide. He may have taken more than he thought while in a stupor and vamoosed himself accidentally.

Sucks because he was on my short list of guys to watch, regardless of what it is. I thought he was fantastic in Brokeback Mountain and even better in Monsters Ball.

Goddamnit man . . .

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
it angers me that that drugs are killing everyone left and right these days....rich people, poor people, good people , bad people, black people , white people, short people , tall people, men, women, children. drugs are not prejudice , and are so much more addicting than what it seems they were even 10 years ago.

Pentagon Officer PENKITTEN,

It seems to me that what you are saying is definitely TRUE. But unfortunately, it's only HALF the story. Combined with the more-powerful, more-overly addictive drugs-----these days we also live in times where people drift away from the concepts of any ABSOLUTES in general. And take into account the fact that the world we live in has become more "grey" as opposed to black and white, the CONFUSION grows.

The more complicated, stressful, hurried, and unfulfilling life becomes for MANY who struggle to maintain some kind of foundation of sanity, the MORE many reach for means to alter their perception of reality through the use of drugs.

And sometimes many who only meant to escape from their problems through the distraction of drugs go SO FAR to do so that they NEVER come back.

A sad commentary of our past, present, and unfortunately, probably our future as well...

Peace...one day.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Until the M.E's report is leaked out we won't know for sure but I'd say it's safe to assume it was not an intentional suicide. He may have taken more than he thought while in a stupor and vamoosed himself accidentally.

Sucks because he was on my short list of guys to watch, regardless of what it is. I thought he was fantastic in Brokeback Mountain and even better in Monsters Ball.

Goddamnit man . . .
i bet you that it was a suicide.

the pills around his bed were sleeping pills. youd have to mix a LOT of those with a LOT of booze to 'accidentally' kill yourself.

im telling ya, the glamorous life of hollywood ain't as glamorous as it seems.

im not going to be surprised if it comes out that he found his wife boffing some director and killed himself.

i really liked him as an actor and he didn't seem to have the 'life sucks' attitude - but then again, neither did owen wilson. actors are very good at covering up their pain.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VU completely agree.

the more people get and the more they aren't happy, the more desperate they become to be happy and will try just about anything (drugs, excessive spending, marriage, etc.)

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont agree, i dont think it was a suicide....i think maybe he overdosed. It seemed he had his life straight with his career flourishing....so i dont think so but we will see in the coming weeks after the investigators get everything straight.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suicide is the ultimate AFC act. It's really a shame because he had so much potential.

If it was simply accidental overdose, then that's probably the 2nd or third most AFC act; ...... not much better. In some respects, that's actually worse because it makes one eligible for a Darwin Award.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it when I heard the news.

This is so out of left field.

I watched this guy from the beginning of his career until his death.

My first movie of his that I saw was A Knight's Tale and then The Patriot.

I knew he had star quality and while everyone sh!t all over A Knight's Tale I believed it to be a quirky and touching comedy and one of his best films. His love interest Shannon Sossoman in the film was also unforgettable because of how super hot she was.

This just really really sucks and I'd never in a million years think Heath Ledger would commit suicide I also thought the same about one of my heroes Chris Benoit so I guess sadly its possible though I think at the moment they are still investigating whether it was accidental or not.

R.I.P whatever the case brother.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be it a grain of sand or a rock, in water they sink as the same.

the homicidal maniac and the movie star both (probably) go the same place. He's not around to receive our condolences.

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
i bet you that it was a suicide.

the pills around his bed were sleeping pills. youd have to mix a LOT of those with a LOT of booze to 'accidentally' kill yourself.

im telling ya, the glamorous life of hollywood ain't as glamorous as it seems.

im not going to be surprised if it comes out that he found his wife boffing some director and killed himself.

i really liked him as an actor and he didn't seem to have the 'life sucks' attitude - but then again, neither did owen wilson. actors are very good at covering up their pain.

Keifer Sutherland, Britney Spears, Lisa Lohan, Mischa Barton, Owen Wilson, Brad Renfro, River Phoenix, Kurt Cobain, Layne Stayley and Heath Ledger (and countless others) are PERFECT examples that show time and time again:

Money, material possessions and fame DON'T EQUAL HAPPINESS.

Mr. Wise

Don Juan
Reaction score
Reality Bites - Heath Ledger R.I.P.

With all the problems I've been facing lately, they seem so minute when things like this happen. I'm quite shocked to tell you the truth. Here's a guy with fame, fortune and the ability to get most any female he chooses. It's odd when the pressures of life overcome you where you have to take prescription drugs to cope. I really don't believe he committed suicide but I do believe that his inability to sleep was based on the fact that he broke up less than 2 months ago.

"Heath was addicted to sleeping pills said some. He was depressed about his breakup with Michelle Williams said others." - Showbiz Blog

Oops! Wrong forum, please move.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't respect a man who would put himself in a situation where he could lose his life knowing he has a family to support and a young child that needs him. He deserves no respect but he was human after all, a weak human.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When one person dies, it's a tragedy. When 1000 die, it's a statistic.

U.S and U.N officials estimate the death toll in Kenya during the last week to be close to 1000 people, shot or hacked to death by machetes. It's hard for me to feel sorry for one priveleged actor, although he was a good actor, who lost his life when so much bloodshed is occurring throughout the rest of the world. If 1000 hollywood actors died would people be more vocal than about the unrest in Africa?

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason, Heath's death bothered me more than things like that normally would.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Inside Man said:
When one person dies, it's a tragedy. When 1000 die, it's a statistic.

U.S and U.N officials estimate the death toll in Kenya during the last week to be close to 1000 people, shot or hacked to death by machetes. It's hard for me to feel sorry for one priveleged actor, although he was a good actor, who lost his life when so much bloodshed is occurring throughout the rest of the world. If 1000 hollywood actors died would people be more vocal than about the unrest in Africa?
what the heck happened to 1000 people and why didnt it come on the news where i live? please send me the link. i would like to read what happened.
the news is biased to what they report on , on some channels.
when you think of how many people are now scared that because 1000 died, that it might happen to them next because they don't live far away, the sadness is unbearable. what can be done so that 1000 more do not die tonight?

we feel sympathy and empathy for people we know, people we know of, people we know the names of and people we see... we should still be feeling empathy for the people that we never met, that we do not know names to BECAUSE they are human beings, our fellow brothers and sisters of the world.

people have got to learn to coexist together and stop hurting each other.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
romangod said:
For some reason, Heath's death bothered me more than things like that normally would.
Me too. I was grumpy and tired all day yesterday, and immediately went home and got in bed for the rest of the day once I found out. It just made me so moody!

I think it is because we can relate to him, he wasn't some silly hollywood star, he was a young man who showed a real depth and introspection that is rare. It is a LOSS.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I think it is because we can relate to him, he wasn't some silly hollywood star, he was a young man who showed a real depth and introspection that is rare. It is a LOSS.
because when unforeseen events happen and someone in your age range passes away or has a horrible accident, we are all ears. we think "it could happen to anyone at any time." we begin to question our own mortality.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
because when unforeseen events happen and someone in your age range passes away or has a horrible accident, we are all ears. we think "it could happen to anyone at any time." we begin to question our own mortality.
I already went through all that years ago.

I am really upset that someone like HEATH died so suddenly. He was so... on another level than your average. Someone that I could look to for examples of what to strive for. I feel LOSS, not fear of my own mortality.

Makes me grumpy, especially since it seems so senseless. Whether it was suicide or an accident, for some reason it just p!sses me off. I REGRET that something didn't intervene for that kind of soul. What saved Owen? Why didn't it save Heath.

You know, grumpy unanswerable feelings questions.