Actor Heath Ledger DIES!!

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://omg.yahoo.com/heath-ledger-found-dead-in-nyc/news/5898

NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence, and police said drugs may have been a factor. He was 28.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let him know the masseuse had arrived found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

A large crowd of paparazzi and gawkers began gathering Tuesday evening outside the building on an upscale block in SoHo, where several police officers guarded the door.

The Australian-born actor was nominated for an Oscar for "Brokeback Mountain," where he met Michelle Williams in 2005. The two had lived in Brooklyn and had a daughter, Matilda, until they split up last year.

He most recently appeared in "I'm Not There," in which he played one of the many incarnations of Bob Dylan -- as did Cate Blanchett, whose performance in that film earned an Oscar nomination Tuesday for best supporting actress.

Ledger was to appear as the Joker this year in "The Dark Knight," a sequel to 2005's "Batman Begins." He's had starring roles in "A Knight's Tale" and "The Patriot," and played the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in "Monster's Ball."

Ledger grew up in Perth, and began doing amateur theater at age 10. At 16, he moved to Sydney to pursue an acting career, quickly landing TV movie roles and guest spots on Australian television.

After several independent films and a starring role in the short-lived Fox TV series "Roar," Ledger moved to Los Angeles and costarred in "10 Things I Hate About You," a teen comedy reworking of "The Taming of the Shrew."

Offers for other teen flicks came his way, but Ledger turned them down, preferring to remain idle than sign on for projects he didn't like.

"It wasn't a hard decision for me," Ledger told the Associated Press in 2001. "It was hard for everyone else around me to understand. Agents were like, 'You're crazy,' my parents were like, 'Come on, you have to eat.'"
Whoa! thats big bro...:(

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
I heard he really got into the Joker character, that it messed him up.
Yeah, he said the character haunted him off the set. He was having serious troubles with sleeping and tried taking all sorts of sleep-aid drugs. I doubt it was intentional.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really like The Patriot. Heath Ledger was a great actor he will be missed.

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
Master Bates said:
Yeah, he said the character haunted him off the set. He was having serious troubles with sleeping and tried taking all sorts of sleep-aid drugs. I doubt it was intentional.
Get the hell out of here.

You guys are just hating on a guy whose life you wished you had and now he is dead.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Jesus, I thought this was some bullsh!t spam but if it's on TMZ.com it's gotta be true.

The guy was a fantastic actor. His scene in Monsters Ball when he shot himself in the chest has made a lifelong impression on me.

Another one bites the dust . . .

Sleep with angels brother.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I am so sad. SO SAD.

He seemed like a real soul.
lets half a pint of jerry garcia and chunky monkey ...
bring the tissues!!!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Jesus, I thought this was some bullsh!t spam but if it's on TMZ.com it's gotta be true.

The guy was a fantastic actor. His scene in Monsters Ball when he shot himself in the chest has made a lifelong impression on me.

Another one bites the dust . . .

Sleep with angels brother.
all his flicks made a lasting impression on me, there was just something about him on the screen. and also, while at work, without knowing he died, i thought of him today .. so this just makes me feel like a weirdo.
it angers me that that drugs are killing everyone left and right these days.
rich people, poor people, good people , bad people, black people , white people, short people , tall people, men, women, children.
drugs are not prejudice , and are so much more addicting than what it seems they were even 10 years ago.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
all his flicks made a lasting impression on me, there was just something about him on the screen. and also, while at work, without knowing he died, i thought of him today .. so this just makes me feel like a weirdo.
it angers me that that drugs are killing everyone left and right these days.
rich people, poor people, good people , bad people, black people , white people, short people , tall people, men, women, children.
drugs are not prejudice , and are so much more addicting than what it seems they were even 10 years ago.
Drugs are just one way to go.

He seemed intelligent enough to make the choice (to end his life).

I just never could have foreseen it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Drugs are just one way to go.

He seemed intelligent enough to make the choice (to end his life).

I just never could have foreseen it.
he may not have meant it like that, to hurt himself and end his life.
he may have thought he was being careful, it happens.
but whatever it was, i am still on a warpath with drug use.....

Rovalier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guy did some pretty extreme stuff to get into character.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3691&Itemid=99
I really don't know. It's like chalk and cheese. My preparation process for this and my process for the Joker are completely different. I mean, for the Joker I locked myself away in a hotel room for six weeks. I just formulated a voice and a posture and found a real psychology behind the Joker. I really put a lot of work into it. And the experience also on a production scale, by the way, is obviously a completely different shoot. Batman is just such a machine. It's huge and I've never worked on anything that big. And the movie is going to be surprisingly good! It's far exceeded my expectations.
Its most likely an accidental overdose, been reports of him not getting much sleep because of the preoccupation over the Joker role.

NY Times

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.
Anyways, I liked the last Bat movie and was looking forward this one.

EDIT: Nevermind it was pneumonia.