A RANT: Share why you are p!ssed

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yay! A big negative sh!t fest. I read the first post and decided not to participate.

I had a great cinco de mayo with several number closes and a few drunken kisses.

Bought some new gear today. Gonna look fresh at the lake this weekend.

I'm in good spirits today enjoying life.

I have a decent job and good friends.

My parents love me as well as my daughter.

I'm down 4 lbs! Going to the gym today after work.

Thought I'd post somethings I'm thankful for and happy about instead!

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Always remember,

Being angry gives power to the event.

I don't like to give anyone or anything my power.

You are better to let is slide off your shoulder.
Romangod said:
I'm mad because there's too many mad people.
You can go too far with this philosophy. I have the experience. If you bottle it up or let it go too much, you risk either becoming a pu'ssy or blowing up on things that don't deserve it -- generally people weaker than you. Don't confuse being nice and rational with being a coward. Honour demands you get angry at times -- and even giving people the recognition of anger is ok at times. You can honour an opponent, even if you can never give in.

I'd say it depends on how important the matter really is. If all they want is to get a rise put of you, they're obviouslky not deserving of being treated seriously.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
Iqqi, how old are you? I thought maybe ur 30-something but I guess ur mad young since you use facebook
Lol I have several friends on facebook who are 30-ish... well done on jumping to baseless conclusions ô.o

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
  • I'm mad the never-ending battle with dirt on my steering wheel.
  • I'm mad at my gastrointestinal tract for bowel irregularities.
  • I'm mad I cannot find the terminal velocity of a feather.
  • I'm mad at a recent string of encounters with conspiracy theorists. One of these days, I'm going to write an essay.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm mad that you guys are wasting time qriting down what makes you mad when you can turn this into something postive by gettin up off your tales and doing something about it!!!!!

I'm mad because I have to piss every 15-20mins

damn water lol

:up:

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
  • I'm mad I cannot find the terminal velocity of a feather.
I tried to think of a smart answer to that and now I'm mad too.

• I'm mad at a recent string of encounters with conspiracy theorists. One of these days, I'm going to write an essay.
THE ESSAY WILL BRING ABOUT THE APOCALYPSE! THE ILLUMINATI HAVE US ALL!

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm mad because I live in the middle of nowhere.

I'll be moving soon though so I'm actually happy.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gubby said:
You can go too far with this philosophy. I have the experience. If you bottle it up or let it go too much, you risk either becoming a pu'ssy or blowing up on things that don't deserve it -- generally people weaker than you. Don't confuse being nice and rational with being a coward. Honour demands you get angry at times -- and even giving people the recognition of anger is ok at times. You can honour an opponent, even if you can never give in.
You ADDRESS it, then let it go.

Never harbor resentment. No one or event deserves that much of you.

Honor is built on ACTION, not emotion.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gubby said:
I tried to think of a smart answer to that and now I'm mad too.
Drat! :cry:
THE ESSAY WILL BRING ABOUT THE APOCALYPSE! THE ILLUMINATI HAVE US ALL!
Oh noes! :nervous:

;)

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gubby said:
And what is action built on?
Application of a decision.

Just because you THINK it or FEEL it, does not mean you will ACT on it.

A decision may be motivated by emotion. But it certainly does not guarantee application of it.

Never act on emotion. Leave that to a woman. Your best decisions are made with a clear, concise, unbiased and abundant mind frame.

Then you act.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, if you disregard emotion so totally... what are you living for? Your masculine attitude can help you go places... but only something so feminine as the heart can decide for you where exactly is worth going.

Heart and mind must work together in harmony or they are both useless.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The difference is feeling your anger, accepting it and addressing it vs reacting and/or harboring your anger.

You choose.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
The difference is feeling your anger, accepting it and addressing it vs reacting and/or harboring your anger.

You choose.
I'm not sure we're even in disagreement here :confused:

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Anger is a gift.

Use it wisely.
I think its dangerous not to elaborate on this.

It's only a gift if you recognize it as a signal that something is amiss that most likely involves some corrective action on your part. Did you misperceive someone's actions? Did you not communicate something clearly to someone else which could have led to someone inadvertently violating your personal standards with you? Did you fail at your own personal standards, perhaps?

My point is, in and of itself, it's actually a bad thing if you don't immediately do something about it. Certainly acting with anger leads to irrational behaviors.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
My point is, in and of itself, it's actually a bad thing if you don't immediately do something about it. Certainly acting with anger leads to irrational behaviors.
Existence is irrational.

Pure rationality taken to its logical conclusion is nihilism.

Just throwing out ideas here.:D

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gubby said:
Existence is irrational.

Pure rationality taken to its logical conclusion is nihilism.

Just throwing out ideas here.:D
I would say your base assumption is wrong. Existence is very rational. I have a Masters in "rational". If the world wasn't predictable, repeatable, testable, explainable (Darwinian), etc. we'd have to close up our modern-day science classrooms. Psychology (RT's field) also relies a lot on studying "norms" and comparing "outliers" (those who act "abnormally") to the general rule.

The exception is the irrational, and if there should be any world religion, it should be nihilism. I'm more a fan of "humanism" though, since it has a positive spin to it.