A guy I know is getting laid off, and his wife is non-stop on his case about getting a replacement job

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We were together for sixteen years, but the trouble started with motherhood, which was mentally much harder than she expected it to be.
From what little I've seen of it, parenting appears to be brutally difficult. But it really breaks my heart to see so many women today rejecting the idea of motherhood, to reject their greatest calling. I'm old enough to remember when most women aspired to be housewives and mothers, and the feminist idea of pushing them into careers has messed up so many things in our society.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not to change the topic but this year I went on a few dates this summer where women flat out said they are looking for a man to pay bills and provide. Mind you in my 20s&30s that was rare but in the last two years. I've had women as young as 26 mention this all the way up to 46. Things are getting expensive and let's be real a lot of women don't like working and/or their jobs(not all but most)

Now think about being in a marriage and the wife has to pay all the bills, there will be some resentment there, even though "it's for better or for worse"
I would have played along, fvcked their brains out once including "wrong holing" her without warning and then ghosted them. :lol:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what little I've seen of it, parenting appears to be brutally difficult. But it really breaks my heart to see so many women today rejecting the idea of motherhood, to reject their greatest calling. I'm old enough to remember when most women aspired to be housewives and mothers, and the feminist idea of pushing them into careers has messed up so many things in our society.
My ex-wife really wanted to be a mother, but she looked at motherhood through rose-coloured glasses. When your expectations are (too) high, the propensity for disappointment is huge.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's quite common for men to lose their girlfriends/wives when they lose their jobs.

This is an older couple so one might think the wife would be a little bit more forgiving and realize his career accomplishments of the past 30+ years.

Why isn't early retirement an option for him? Many 55-60 year old white collar workers end up in early retirement simply because they can't get hired due to age.
Since she is working, she won't let him retire (he's just under 10 years older).

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to change the topic but this year I went on a few dates this summer where women flat out said they are looking for a man to pay bills and provide. Mind you in my 20s&30s that was rare but in the last two years. I've had women as young as 26 mention this all the way up to 46
Heterosexual women crave a man who can bring more resources into their lives, just as straight men want our women to look beautiful and be up for just about anything sexually??!!

This is a shocking revelation, exceeded only by the news that Western nations militarily toppling authoritarian regimes overseas RARELY, if ever, results in the natives adopting liberal democracy

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Side note, the term bring home the bacon originates from a tradition in medieval times where the church would give men a chunk of cured meat at Christmas if they promised that they had not beaten their wife all year.
Presumably then, a man who dropkicked his heavily pregnant missus in the stomach-once or more-received only 3/4th a chunk