4.5 Yrs down the toilet....

tiburon

Banned
Reaction score
THANK GOD

MAN I HAVE TO SAY I AM SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU..i had lots of fun last night to ..similiar story....

TIBURON ..WELCOME TO THE CLUB...

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, interesting thread, but way too many posts to read. I just gave up after reading like the first 10.

I honestly feel bad for this guy, since 4.5 years is certainly a long time. I guess the only thing I can say is that he should see it as a life lesson that had to be learned the hard way or no way. Sometimes that's just the way it goes. I haven't been through anything like that, and the longest relationship I had was a little over a year, and the girl and I were just incompatible, so the breakup was not as hard on me as it was for her, since she liked me more than I liked her for some reason.

Also, I agree with most people here that you need to just break off contact completely for about 6 months minimum, and you'll start getting over her, no doubt. It's hard to believe you will right now, but your mind is clouded by the whole breakup, so it's understandable. Good luck.

I'm glad to see that not all 4 year + relationships end in marriage, and if it wasn't meant to be, it's better to find out now than 10 years later after you have kids or something.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Well here we are 6 weeks later....

Tomorrow I'm off to play pool with this new piece of A## I picked up at the bar 2 weeks ago. She seems highly interested in me - so fingers crossed it will go well....

Then, Thursday night I've got this little 23 yr old coming over to my pad to watch "Gangs of New york".... now if that isn't an open invitiation nothing is....

Lastly, I'm meeting my ex tonight for dinner. I have not spoken to her in 2 weeks, but she wants to go to dinner. I'm not sure why she wants to go to dinner - to be honest I was like "Why the fvck do you want to go to dinner?" but she said that she's been reading some self help ****e and she wants to talk - and that if 4.5 yrs meant anything to me that she wants me to be there.

Ok.... but your buying.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Update

Originally posted by NewMan
Ok.... but your buying.
I love your new attitude. Can't wait to hear what she has to say.

Stay strong.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your EX wants you back Newman you better not be too quick to accept her decision.

I'm not sure what you want to do but if you do want her back she should be bending over backwards, jumping through hoops and sucking your a$$hole to get you.

Don't let her walk all over you.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard ****

Man that was hard seeing her again.

Firstly she was looking so good - memories came flooding back to me - I don't know why, but she's just so f'ing hot.

Anyway - I thought I was very strong. Played it cool - laughed told her how much of a good time I was having - how everything's going well.

Her stuff is together. She's as happy as she can be. She told me how I looked like I lost weight and had been hitting the gym - which I have a lot.

Anyway, I was a bullsh#t meeting. we talked and ate. She wanted to catch up find out how my weekend camping trip had gone - and to tell me about her new self help stuff she was doing - how she's trying to find who she is and what she wants. How she doesn't want us to make any rusah descisions about our future apart.

Saying that, she told me she was still trying to find who she is.

I told her that I was happy for her. That I'm glad she's trying to figure things out for herself. But that I was am happy right now and living my life the way I want to.

It was hard - I drove home and cried.... cried because shje looks like she has everything together - I feel like my life is ****e...

Eyecandie4ya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be too hard on yourself, guy. A woman can put on a good act like she is living it up when that not the case. She knew seeing you that she was coming with heavy artillery so that you can see that she is not "failing" from her decision.

You can believe that she left there feeling emotional just like you if she trully cherish what you two had. I don't want to put ideas in your head but she probably will get involve with a knucklehead who will use her and make her realize that the single life is not what cracked up to be.

Because when it all boils down, the "things" that you have in your life can not vouch for "who" you have in your life.

Ask the extremely rich.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you thought you were ready, but you weren't. Live and learn.

Rest assured that the way you feel is exactly how she wanted you to feel. She was being as falsely optimistic about her current life as you were. Neither she nor you have completely gotten over each other. She wanted you to see how good she looks and bring back memories so that you wouldn't forget about her.