3rd annual Anti-approach anxiety competition

crossedup

Don Juan
Reaction score
really wish I jumped on this when it began. Approach anxiety is the main thing holding me back. I'm gonna join in, but I won't post here

Wolfbones

Don Juan
Reaction score
crossedup said:
really wish I jumped on this when it began. Approach anxiety is the main thing holding me back. I'm gonna join in, but I won't post here
You could always do these tasks on your own. Maybe create a journal on here. :up:

ngdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approaching Girls with Confidence Looks Desperate

Approaching women with confidence comes across as desperate. You may get a conversation, a number or a kiss but you'll ultimately hear let's be friends best case, worst case she runs away.

Guys that have value don't approach. The key is to put yourself someplace with a lot of women and ignore them, look important and they'll come to you. That seems to be the only thing I see work for master DJ in real life.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
My back's against the wall. I have to get two number attempts today. Time's running short.

Wolfbones

Don Juan
Reaction score
ngdonjuan said:
Approaching women with confidence comes across as desperate. You may get a conversation, a number or a kiss but you'll ultimately hear let's be friends best case, worst case she runs away.

Guys that have value don't approach. The key is to put yourself someplace with a lot of women and ignore them, look important and they'll come to you. That seems to be the only thing I see work for master DJ in real life.
That only happens when you've got super model looks. :down:

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ngdonjuan said:
Guys that have value don't approach.
While this is mostly true, it's not that we CAN'T approach. It's just that the girls do all the work for us, so why bother. Also, why go out of your way when most girls are so annoying; girls are not priority #1 or even #2 at any given time...more like 8.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ngdonjuan said:

Get the hell out of my thread.

Darth said:
While this is mostly true, it's not that we CAN'T approach. It's just that the girls do all the work for us, so why bother. Also, why go out of your way when most girls are so annoying; girls are not priority #1 or even #2 at any given time...more like 8.

Nobody asked for your commentary either.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a strike this week. Still, this competition has helped me. I even had a girl run over to me a dance class. The instructor stopped the class and in front of everybody asked what I had that nobody else did.

HB7 at grocery store. The store was virtually empty but I spotted her and chased her down (stalked her). She turned on the oils isle and I opened her by commenting on how many different kinds there were and if there was really a difference. We talked for a little bit. She would say canola oil is for this and vegetable for that. There were some pauses and I should have escalated, but I didn't. Of course now that I'm home I've got all sorts of ideas on how I could have kept it going. Oh well. I could have and should have escalated this. 1/7 HB

HB7 at dance class. She was in the rotation and I complemented her on her boots.  She said thanks.  I noticed later she had a ring. 2/7 HB

I went to Guadalupe Street in Austin on Friday morning.  It was drizzly and the last day of classes before spring break.  Still,  this place should be a gold mine for anyone in Austin. 

Parked the car and saw a solid HB8 going the opposite way  I said hello and asked how she was doing.  She smiled and said fine. 3/7 HB

Approached another girl from behind and told her I liked her boots.  I'd say she was a 6 when I saw her face.  She said thanks in a bit of an uninterested way. I moved on.  4/7 HB

Sat at a cafe to figure out what to do. HB6 was reading her Kindle so I asked her how she liked it. She said she got it only for reading and not the bells and whistles of other readers. I could have and should have escalated this. 5/7 HB

Need to start on numbers.

Went to a bar and chatted up a HB6 bartender.  We talked about basketball. As I left I asked for her number and she looked shocked. "I don't give out my number". Incredulous look.  OK. Any advice on responding to this?  6/7 HB  1/3 # attempts.
I've actually talked to more than just these girls, but I'm counting them because the approach was intended to fill my quota more than anything.  I'm finding that this contest has helped me in approaches, but I am so concerned about the quota that I'm not spending time escalating.

My back is against the wall.  I went to a bar that had a great vibe last week only to run into the mom of one of my players.  It was just weird.  I don't want to screw up my professional life by being a ***** hound in front of her.  Not to mention she is apparently separated from her husband. 

I may have to do the "put your number in my phone" routine.

HB6 is drunk sitting next to me. I ask her how she's doing and we go through that. When I ask her what she does she gives me a bit by response about how she teaches scuba to guys who ask what she does for a living. Seriously? WTF? HB 7/7 #1/3.

Last edited:

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys have 30 minutes to submit before I re-read through all of the week's posts and tally up the strikes and whatnot before issuing the next challenge.

Edit: Read through the entire thread. CoachD, you're making progress, I like that but it looks like I'll have to give everybody a strike. Which isn't a problem because I know you guys can do this next challenge.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gray, thanks for the props. The number thing was very intimidating for me. Especially after the bartender gave me the look like, "what the f***? my number?". I did wait too long to start on the numbers. I hope the contest continues a few more weeks as I like having the motivation to complete the challenge. I really felt bad not getting all three number attempts.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Came down with the stomach flu this weekend, so only finished with 5/7. Saw my girl thursday night and tried to run game on a stripper friday.. failed though (nope, I didn't spend a dime on her). Should've skipped that and gone on to other fields, but.. ah well. Didn't expect to be sick all Saturday and Sunday.

Gimme dat strike. I earned it this week.

On another note, I did get my first legit rejection - ie, one that didn't say boyfriend, or that gave me her number and then never responded later. A model at a car show, got told a straight up no pretty much. Felt good, means I'm putting myself out there enough. And it saves time later on a follow up.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gutted that I didn't quite make it, uni work had me swamped last week, as well as this week coming.

Still I'm pretty happy I managed 5/7, with 2 ending in me asking for the number (both rejections haha).

Thats me out I do believe. Good luck lads.

Gunner

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One strike
parad0x
Dali tx o
JohnChops
Nobodycares1
Thechosenone2190
Nite
Wolfbones
gunner26
Uncharted
Plutoman
coachD
packers2010

Everybody has a strike this week and those of you who already had a strike, I will not kick you out of the competition but only just this once. I see that some of you were sick or only completed some or most of the chalenge, so I will let all of that slide.

That being said, you guys MUST complete this week's challenge.

Approach 5 hb7+s and SUCCESSFULLY get 1 number.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lovely, Gray you good man.

In that case, here's the 5 I got last week.

1. Out for a friends birthday, dressed up in red and red paint for the theme. Hit town, start a conversation with a HB6 at the bar.

Gunner: There's a trick to getting served you know
HB6: Oh really?
Gunner: Yea, watch and learn *Turns back to the bar, leans right over and huge grin at nearest free barman/maid*
Gunner: Yea I'll have a -Insert Drink- *Turn back to HB* See, it's easy.
HB6: *Giggle* That was quick
Gunner: Yes it was, it's all in the smile give it a try
HB6: Ok *Tries, fails*
Gunner: Haha, keep trying, wave your hands around a bit too
HB6: *Waves hands, eventually get's served*

-Fluff talk, whats your name blah blah-

Gunner: I like your hat, where'd you get it from?
HB6: I'm out with the hockey team, we're all dressed as builders
Gunner: Oh cool, mind if I try it on?
HB6: Sure
Gunner: Nice, give me your number and I'll tell you when to come pick it up
HB6: Haha no, I don't give my number out to stranger
Gunner: I see, well have a nice night *walk away with hat*

So I probably shouldn't have just ejected as soon as I got rejected, but we live and learn eh.

2. Gone to the kebab shop with a friend one evening, start talking to a HB6 at the counter while waiting for food.

Gunner: Hey, you know if the donner meat is any good here?
HB6: I don't know, I don't really like donner
Gunner: But your at a kebab, what else you guna get?
HB6: I'm actually getting chicken nuggets and chips, they're so good
Gunner: Ahh ok, you know theres a mcdonalds just around the corner right?
HB6: Yea, but I prefer this place, it's cheaper
Gunner: Fair enough, so you got a name?

-Begin fluff talk until food arrives-

Gunner: Listen I gota scoot, me and my mate don't really fancy eating in.
HB6: Ok bye
Gunner: Later

Forgot to ask for the number as me and my mate were in a hurry after getting the food.

3. On the dance floor at a club (music wasn't that loud, could still have a conversation if you spoke up a bit), same night as #1. Start talking to a girl I've never seen in my life, who reckons she knows who I am.

Gunner: Hi
HB7: Hi
HB7: OMG I know you *pinches my cheek?!?*

Gunner: Really? I haven't got a clue who you are, you got a name?
HB7: You don't remember me?
Gunner: Sorry, nope, I was just saying hi
HB7: Oh..
Gunner: Well anyway I wanted to say hi to you, so you know my name already right, what's yours?
HB7: It's Bryony
Gunner: Pretty nice name, more unique than mine anyway haha
HB7: Haha yea
Gunner: So what is my name?
HB7: Eeerrm...
Gunner: Haha, you don't know do you?
HB7: No, no I do, its .....
Gunner: Haha nope, try again
HB7: its .......
Gunner: Wrong again, one more go on
HB7: Ok one sec *Thinks long and hard* its ...... for sure (Says a name very similar, but not quite right)
Gunner: Looks like you don't know me haha, it's actually .......
HB7: *Gasps* That was it, not bloody .....
Gunner: Yea ok, whatever you say. You just wanted to chat with me didn't you?
HB7: No really I do know you, I swear!

- Friend comes over and tells me that me and my group are leaving-

Gunner: Ok sure you do Bryony, anyways it was good meeting you, but I'm off to -New Club- now, maybe I'll meet you again in there
HB7: Oh ok, bye
Gunner: *Wink* See ya in a bit * Exit stage left*

In all honesty I probably could have got this girls number straight off the bat, but I made the cardinal sin of thinknig I would see her later in the night and then ask her then, obviously not. Wasted chance.

4. One of my weakest attempts ever, I just walked past a HB6 said Hi, got a hello back and immediatly asked for the number. Outright no haha. That was the end of the conversation. Although a terrible attempt I'm still quite happy with it, having the balls to straight up ask a random for their number. That was more important to me than the rejection, I've found I normally smile to myself if I get rejected, almost as if it's the girls loss.

5. This one was at a football game, had a quick chat with one of the uni cheerleaders (HB7) at the bar, got her name and what year of uni she was in. Then she got her drink and left. Nothing else happened.

So there you go, theres my 5/7 approaches from last week.

Gunner

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like I have no mojo. I had a couple of things happen last week that have taken me out of the vibe. But I think it's possible the no fap thing is to blame. I think it worked in my favor for a while, but now I just feel draggy .

One thing this contest has reaffirmed is that I want to sell my house and move out of the suburbs. Life is to short.