Girl has "such a busy week" and becomes more flaky

TOneThousand

Don Juan
Reaction score
Been hanging out with this girl for over a month. We meet up once a week, usually sleep together, usually have sex. She's been engaged, easy to make plans with, texts the next day saying she had a great time. Then recently she texted saying she has a really busy week and might only be around one day. We go back and forth a little about meeting on that specific day, eventually I tell her I'll be around if she wants to meet. She responds something cool let me get back to you. From there she flakes and her texting got quieter, never gets back about meeting

Over that period her messages were still responsive and fun, but less than usual and she's not initiating as much

Other big note is that while we were out a few weeks ago she was obviously texting some other guy. She wasn't doing a good job of hiding it from me. I could tell there were some long texts and from what I saw looked like arguing. Looked like someone she knows from a while and not a guy she just met

Seems very likely her "busy week" is due to plans with another dude. My gut atm is to give it some radio silence time and not chase. Not trying to overthink it but am interested in how others would handle this sh~t

I could've handled the seeing her texting the other guy differently I'm sure. We were out with a group then and having a good time so I ignored it

Thanks dudes

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
You had sex with her, you won. Plates drop, its part of the game. Replace her at your earliest convenience (with a better plate if possible)

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the tough part about women nowadays. They are always looking for other new men

i am not even sure i am ready to write about what happened to me on Thursday yet. Poor behavior out of left field.

id definitely not chase and lining up additional plates is always the best way to do that

on paper i dont have an issue with anyone looking for the best long term fit. Ive been honest with women about being non-exclusive before. I have found few women that are honest about it. Its like they get off on playing secret agent game

Last edited:

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be around if she wants to meet.
You told her you will be available at her disposition. Wrong approach, you would set up a date and stop texting, cause remember you are s busy man with things to do throughout the day and can't be wasting time texting when the date is set, are you not?

Other big note is that while we were out a few weeks ago she was obviously texting some other guy
You should've said "it looks like you're busy" you should've cut the date short and tell her you'll meet whenever she's not busy. If you don't value your time, she won't.

I could tell there were some long texts and from what I saw looked like arguing.
Men don't argue with women, and much less over texts, that guy is clueless and you had the upper hand. But you were scared of cutting the date short, she was more interested in texting some other guy than being with you.

Seems very likely her "busy week" is due to plans with another dude. My gut atm is to give it some radio silence time and not chase. Not trying to overthink it but am interested in how others would handle this sh~t
There is no $hit to handle, you just are over invested in a chick that you went out with for 1 month. If you had other women slurping you cvm like a baja blast you wouldn't even be writing this post, in fact, you would've cut her loose right then and there, and get with another woman.

Vending Machine Veteran

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Been hanging out with this girl for over a month. We meet up once a week, usually sleep together, usually have sex. She's been engaged, easy to make plans with, texts the next day saying she had a great time. Then recently she texted saying she has a really busy week and might only be around one day. We go back and forth a little about meeting on that specific day, eventually I tell her I'll be around if she wants to meet. She responds something cool let me get back to you. From there she flakes and her texting got quieter, never gets back about meeting

Over that period her messages were still responsive and fun, but less than usual and she's not initiating as much

Other big note is that while we were out a few weeks ago she was obviously texting some other guy. She wasn't doing a good job of hiding it from me. I could tell there were some long texts and from what I saw looked like arguing. Looked like someone she knows from a while and not a guy she just met

I could've handled the seeing her texting the other guy differently I'm sure. We were out with a group then and having a good time so I ignored it

Thanks dudes

Doesn't matter what she was doing. You know that she's not worth pursuing

Take this one to heart, because it takes this to become a real man worth his salt

I've been through it lol

All women are like this

TOneThousand

Don Juan
Reaction score
@Dr.Suave Yep yep dude

@Ricky don't have an issue with someone finding the best for them either, we all do it. They do love the secret agent game. Would be interested to read about wha' happen on thursday man

@Clockwerk50 great posts, definitely look relevant and accurate

@Vending Machine Veteran right, definitely not worth pursuing. She's a cool chick but plenty of other cool chicks in a five foot radius

There is no $hit to handle, you just are over invested in a chick that you went out with for 1 month. If you had other women slurping you cvm like a baja blast you wouldn't even be writing this post, in fact, you would've cut her loose right then and there, and get with another woman.
@All_Kindz_Of_Gainz get your point about being over invested and just cutting her loose. Fwiw I'm very comfortable having cut her loose. Still you did give me three solid examples of how to handle the situation differently which is what I was looking for from the post, so thanks for that man. For now I'll start stocking up on taco bell cups hah

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably an ex or some bullsvht. She's 100% not "busy" she's getting d1cked down from another dude. I'd just stop talking to her until she engages you again (if she does).

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no $hit to handle, you just are over invested in a chick that you went out with for 1 month.
Agree with this.

You had sex with her, you won. Plates drop, its part of the game. Replace her at your earliest convenience (with a better plate if possible)
It is good that he had sex with her a few times in a month. Yes, plates drop but sometimes specific behaviors can cause a plate to drop faster than desired.

Probably an ex or some bullsvht. She's 100% not "busy" she's getting d1cked down from another dude. I'd just stop talking to her until she engages you again (if she does).
Agree. @TOneThousand acknowledged in the first post that he thought she had some ex in the picture influencing her behavior.

I doubt he ever has meaningful contact with her again.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever gone over to her place?
Do you have any idea who she lives with?
Has she introduced you to her friends or family?

You mentioned you were all in a group, but didn't go into details about what type of group this was. It's very vague.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thanks dudes
Doesn’t matter. Not your wife. Not the mother of your kids. There are no rules in “dating” and pumping and dumping.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Chalk it up to the game. You were simply a placeholder until a guy she was more interested in came along. It happens to us all.

Don't dwell on it, continue building your pipeline.

Most times when a woman suddenly becomes "busy" it's because her time is being spent with someone else instead of you.

EDIT:
I reread your post and you made the mistake of being too available for her. Doubt it would have changed the outcome but it likely lowered her respect for you.

If she doesn't know if she can hang out when you already have plans then you cancel the date and tell to hit you up when she is more sure of her schedule.

Last edited: