Was I Too Harsh Here?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Fair enough, but in this case I got to smash her loads of times so there was at least attraction on her part

If I hadn't have smashed, then it would have been a waste of time going for FWB. Having already done so meant it was still possible.
Just leave the door open with her and say something like

"I respect your decision, hit me up if you change your mind".

Maybe she will, maybe she won't, but at least you've left the door open.

Then go on about your life and work on getting other women and she is done to you unless she reaches out.

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl I was dating for a few months messaged me a couple of days after we had a day trip to this beach town (we smashed after) to say "You're a nice guy, I just think that we're looking for different things in a relationship and so I can't see this being more than friendship." I then responded with "I see no benefit to being your friend." She just said "Okay" and left it at that.

I did enjoy spending a lot of time with her and we got on well, but just being her friend just seemed to be a kick in the teeth. But as is life.

Was this response of mine too harsh or was it honest and to the point?
It does no matter what you really say at this point.

It will not change her perception of you.

You could have said "I have friends, but thanks for the interest, speak soon"

This message you may think it shows you are buttheart but you really are not. You show her your true intentions of what you want. Which you already did when you banged.

You banged, she decided she does not want it anymore you win. She saved you ton-of-time.

CheekyMonkey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
It does no matter what you really say at this point.

It will not change her perception of you.

You could have said "I have friends, but thanks for the interest, speak soon"

This message you may think it shows you are buttheart but you really are not. You show her your true intentions of what you want. Which you already did when you banged.

You banged, she decided she does not want it anymore you win. She saved you ton-of-time.
Yeah, these kind of things fizzle out sometimes.

I'm disappointed with how I spoke to her after as it was unlike me, but she'll live.

CheekyMonkey101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just leave the door open with her and say something like

"I respect your decision, hit me up if you change your mind".

Maybe she will, maybe she won't, but at least you've left the door open.

Then go on about your life and work on getting other women and she is done to you unless she reaches out.
Yeah, I sent a follow up message after that to basically say that. But I royally ****ed up in my prior messages.

I've learned a lot from this at least. All I can do.