my struggles with the ladies go way beyond mere social awkwardness

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet, if the OP were a chick, none of these would be an impediment to having a social life. :mad:

Or if the OP were a dude, but tall, these would not be an impediment either. :mad:
I don't necessarily think the factors I mentioned are why I have hardly any social life.

My lack of a social life is largely my own choice. All I'm saying is my lack of a social life is yet another thing that would make a woman think I'm bad news.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think the factors I mentioned are why I have hardly any social life.

My lack of a social life is largely my own choice. All I'm saying is my lack of a social life is yet another thing that would make a woman think I'm bad news.
You don't have social events at your office?

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heck, the extremists in ISIS couldn't keep the poontang away, so I don't agree with this assessment. Pol Pot wasn't a RiceCel. :eek:
Leaders in general have an easy time getting laid (whether it be political leaders, business leaders, frontman of a famous band, etc).

Because a woman is attracted to leadership.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP you have to understand the world does not owe you anything

Ok you've got personal issues , find me someone who doesn't ?

Find solutions to the issues and improve yourself , then worry about women

its not rocket science to understand a woman wants the best type of man she can get and vice versa
For 15 years now, I've been accused of feeling owed (not just when it comes to a woman; in other contexts too). Pisses me off.

There's a huge difference between feeling owed something vs simply wanting something.

Ironically, the year I had the best luck with getting laid (2012), I was a student with no income whatsoever. Yet in the current stage of life, where I have a full time job (albeit with a low income), I have worse luck with the ladies? What a thinker.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have social events at your office?
We have a decent amount of daytime teambuilding exercises. As for events outside of work, hardly ever. Don't get me wrong; a lot of employees are friends outside of work. But as for work-sanctioned events outside of work, I only recall one in the 5 years I've been at this job. I didn't go.

At a past job, there were lots of get togethers outside work (which I sometimes attended...and hated)

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I suppose the topic warrants its own thread
We had that thread already https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...me-to-try-with-making-moves-in-person.282277/

It was, quite frankly, less productive than trying to persuade The Aryans and The Black Guerilla Family over at Pelican Bay to stop stabbing each other through their necks with homemade shivs during yardtime, in favor of hugging things out instead. Unless you're receptive to suggestions this time around, there's no evidence supporting the hypothesis that THIS thread will be any different

Goes without saying, I hope I'm wrong... All of us here DO want to see you succeed, GM. We wouldn't be on your case so ferociously otherwise

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evidently though his income/vehicle/home ownership hasn't gotten him anywhere with the ladies. I guess what I'm saying is even if you have stuff going for you, there's still no guarantee you'll succeed sexually.
Different tactics and strategies are required to achieve different goals in different scenarios. George Wills's talent for slathering the pages of WaPo in bombast doesn't mean he can acquit himself competently on the ball field

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus on removing the first two from the list in the next 6-12 months. This will significantly lower the hurdles required to mitigate remaining items.

Even if you don't have a car due to your current financial situation, there are programs all around the country that will allow you to get the training required to obtain a license. Focus on improving your financial situation over time instead of allowing it to hold you back.

Once you've dealt with these two, the rest are essentially a slow domino effect.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact I hold extreme political beliefs (Since we aren't supposed to talk politics on this forum, I won't get into my exact beliefs. The point is: Extreme political beliefs in either direction can hurt your chances with the ladies. Extreme beliefs are called extreme for a reason
If you're living in The US, what you describe has been getting more and more common over that past two decades, GM. Ergo, hooking up with women on your "side" will likely to be remarkably easy, while "vibing" with a chick who's NOT a fanatic will be nigh impossible

Your fear on this front is irrational

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We had that thread already https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...me-to-try-with-making-moves-in-person.282277/

It was, quite frankly, less productive than trying to persuade The Aryans and The Black Guerilla Family over at Pelican Bay to stop stabbing each other through their necks with homemade shivs during yardtime, in favor of hugging things out instead. Unless you're receptive to suggestions this time around, there's no evidence supporting the hypothesis that THIS thread will be any different

Goes without saying, I hope I'm wrong... All of us here DO want to see you succeed, GM. We wouldn't be on your case so ferociously otherwise
That thread you linked isn't quite the same.

On my latest thread, I elaborate on just how much I have going against me.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're living in The US, what you describe has been getting more and more common over that past two decades, GM. Ergo, hooking up with women on your "side" will likely to be remarkably easy, while "vibing" with a chick who's NOT a fanatic will be nigh impossible

Your fear on this front is irrational
I said I won't get into my exact beliefs (and I won't). But let's just say "my side" tends to be a sausage fest.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said I won't get into my exact beliefs (and I won't). But let's just say "my side" tends to be a sausage fest.
Seems to be the wrong crowd to hang around if you want to score some booty.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was, quite frankly, less productive than trying to persuade The Aryans and The Black Guerilla Family over at Pelican Bay to stop stabbing each other through their necks with homemade shivs during yardtime, in favor of hugging things out instead.
Maybe get them some cats? Works for me.

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come to think of it, my brother is largely the antithesis of me.

• He has an expensive vehicle.
  • He makes 6 figures.
  • He owns multiple homes.
  • He has a decent social life.
  • His political beliefs are mainstream.
  • And while he does have some degree of mental illness (it runs in the family), his mental illness isn't debilitating like mine is. The main area in which his mental illness comes into play: He's a workaholic (that's how he makes so much money at his young age). How lucky of him that even his mental illness ends up benefitting him.
Yet in spite of everything he has working in his favor, he (as far as I know) has made it to 30 without ever having a girlfriend, going on a date, having sex, or even kissing.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't help the fact the beliefs I hold happen to be way more popular with men.
Of course you can help that. It's not that your beliefs 'happen to be way more popular with men', but they 'happen to be way more unpopular with women', which is a deliberate choice. Now, why you choose to socially associate solely with men, that I don't know, but I gather you don't look at women as having equal value to men. I doubt if you have any female friends who are not family members.