I gained 15 kg in a month... How can I lose this fast?

nelysses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does the OP.even lift?
If not, start lifting first,.

After you have lifting down to habit, then start fixing your diet:
- 0,8 grams of lean protein per lb of bodyweight.
- veggies on each meal
After that's down to habit you should be much better shape already.

Otherwise you will just look sh1ttier after losing weight. Skinny fat with drooping skin, because you will lose about half fat half lean tissue. Fasting will only make this muscle loss worse.
From a medical perspective, this has to be the dumbest and unhealthiest suggestion anyone can make. Going cold turkey from 1500 cals a day (most likely more), to zero will certainly shock your system. Your body will go into withdrawal and pull what it needs to survive. Your body will pull energy from fat and convert it to energy. The one thing my friend, is that it will not always pull it from the fat stored in one's stomach, legs, face, etc. It will pull it from the closest parts of the body which need the energy. You will also have massive headaches/migraines, pain issues and zero energy. Your blood pressure will rise and your blood sugar will drop. @nelysses.

DO NOT DO THIS.

What you can do is only eat watermelon and nothing else. You will lose the weight pretty fast while still getting water and some vitamins. Additionally, you need to take a high-quality vitamin and fish oil every day. Watermelon and plain water. Don't listen to @BackInTheGame78. He means well but is not a medical professional, and what works well for him would most likely NOT work for you at this stage.
Obviously start an exercise program that contains strength training.

What are you eating currently?
Agreed, medical stuff. This IS medical stuff and just because it works for you and has good results, doesn't mean it will work for someone who just gained 33 lbs in a short amount of time. He will shock his system, and something can go seriously wrong. Your intentions are well-meaning, but this is NOT GOOD ADVICE
As I said, I will already have a regular diet and exercise program. But before that, I just asked what I can do for the 15 kg I gained in 1 month. I have to wear scrubs after 1 month :D

Actually I am Muslim and we do a kind of Intermittent fasting for 1 month during Ramadan. like eating 8 hours and fasting for 16 hours.
So not eating 2 days a week is not a problem for me. As long as I can drink water and coffee I can handle it.
But as I said my real fears are sagging skin and slowing down the metabolism. After eating less for a month, I am afraid of gaining weight even if I eat normally.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
As I said, I will already have a regular diet and exercise program. But before that, I just asked what I can do for the 15 kg I gained in 1 month. I have to wear scrubs after 1 month :D

Actually I am Muslim and we do a kind of Intermittent fasting for 1 month during Ramadan. like eating 8 hours and fasting for 16 hours.
So not eating 2 days a week is not a problem for me. As long as I can drink water and coffee I can handle it.
But as I said my real fears are sagging skin and slowing down the metabolism. After eating less for a month, I am afraid of gaining weight even if I eat normally.
Slowing down metabolism is far more likely if you lower your calories on a regular basis every day versus not eating twice a week.

In fact, research has shown that after fasting your metabolism actually is sped up...and that has been shown true even after 5 days without eating anything.

Along with increasing G-Flux, which helps keep your metabolism humming, eating high protein,a minimum of 1g per lb of bodyweight, also will force the body to keep metabolism higher.

It's got the highest Thermic Effect of Food(TEF) which causes your body to burn 30-40% of the calories to actually use the protein, which again aids in helping keep metabolism higher and also sparing as much lean body mass as possible.

However in the short term, it's not a real concern. Go calculate your TDEE based on your activity level and then drop your calories by about 300-500 on the other 5 days.

Weight should start flying off you.

Last edited:

Timslimb

Reaction score
Lifting and try to limit to one meal a day. I've also noticed a huge change when I ate and slept on a schedule

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You lost it fast by fasting OP.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Lifting and try to limit to one meal a day. I've also noticed a huge change when I ate and slept on a schedule
He would be far better off not eating for 2 days and then eating normally for 5 days, IMO

OMAD is nothing but severe calorie restriction by another name and as such will result in significantly more lean body mass being lost.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You have to be at the height and pinnacle of arrogance to suggest that someone not eating for 24 hours is a serious medical issue. Like GTFO with that bullsh!t.

Humans are designed to go far longer than 24 hours without food...it's only this nonsense people believe today since food is abundant that they think you have to constantly stuff your face with calories to survive.

You fail to undertand the body has multiple energy systems that it can switch between at the drop of a dime. It really doesn't give a fvck where it gets calories from.

It will easily just get them from fat stores the same way it would if you ate them. It's perfectly designed to do so because it's a survival mechanism developed for long periods of time where it doesn't have access to food, which was the case for the vast majority of the human race's time on earth.

This isn't some mind blowing science it's actually just common sense, and has been studied for decades. In fact, there are multiple medically documented cases of very obese people who literally didn't eat for months or in one case even a year with no ill effects. These were done under the watchful eye of a doctor and they had routine tests and blood work done every other week or so to monitor them.

I am talking about not eating for a 24 hour period twice a week, not months without eating.

Acting as if the body suddenly has no fvcking idea how to obtain calories from fat stores would be like saying an adult doesn't know how to get up and walk after he wakes up in the morning and gets out of bed. It's a ridiculous statement to make.
Whatever you say dude. I'm going by science and facts. You are going by your experience.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Whatever you say dude. I'm going by science and facts. You are going by your experience.
Actually you aren't going by either because I am the one who has actually read and looked at virtually every study that has come out about it, not you. The facts are clearly on my side, which you would know if you actually read any of the studies.

My experience with it came AFTER doing the research on it. Something you clearly don't do.

But yeah...keep believing that you are going to die if you don't eat for 24 hours.

Again...don't try and give nutrition advice as a doctor. You don't know any because you don't learn it med school.

SMFH.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cut the sugar and processed food and have vigorous intercourse at least once every day. Got to exercise.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Actually you aren't going by either because I am the one who has actually read and looked at virtually every study that has come out about it, not you. The facts are clearly on my side, which you would know if you actually read any of the studies.

My experience with it came AFTER doing the research on it. Something you clearly don't do.

But yeah...keep believing that you are going to die if you don't eat for 24 hours.

Again...don't try and give nutrition advice as a doctor. You don't know any because you don't learn it med school.

SMFH.
Whatever you say. I forgot, you went to medical school. Oh, wait, you didn't; I did.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Whatever you say. I forgot, you went to medical school. Oh, wait, you didn't; I did.
That's right. Where you learn about drugs and medical issues. None of which involve people who die from not eating for 24 hours.

I'd challenge you to show me one single medical related case of someone dying where the primary cause is from lack of food for 24 hours.

You can scour medical records for the last millennia and I doubt you'd find one.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd challenge you to show me one single medical related case of someone dying where the primary cause is from lack of food for 24 hours.
This is a straw man. Fasting for non-religious reasons just isn’t something most people will undertake for the sake of weight loss. Bottom line is that caloric deficit must be achieved. There are many ways to do it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is a straw man. Fasting for non-religious reasons just isn’t something most people will undertake for the sake of weight loss. Bottom line is that caloric deficit must be achieved. There are many ways to do it.
Sure there are. But this is the most efficient one.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
That's right. Where you learn about drugs and medical issues. None of which involve people who die from not eating for 24 hours.

You can scour medical records for the last millennia and I doubt you'd find one.
I'm not going to get into a d!ck measuring contest. Believe what you would like. Be well.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm not going to get into a d!ck measuring contest. Believe what you would like. Be well.
Its not a contest. I'm asking you to produce a single medical record of a person who has died where the primary cause of death was not eating for 24 hours.

Since you claim this is a medical issue there should be plenty of instances of this occurring.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Its not a contest. I'm asking you to produce a single medical record of a person who has died where the primary cause of death was not eating for 24 hours.

Since you claim this is a medical issue there should be plenty of instances of this occurring.
Here you go chico.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Here you go chico.

Following an 8 hour feeding period window on a daily basis is NOT the same as a person who doesn't eat for 24 hours but then eats normally the other 5 days.

Those are not the same modality.