I gained 15 kg in a month... How can I lose this fast?

nelysses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I started dieting. I lost 15 kilos in the first 3 months. I could hardly lose any in the next 3 months (despite consuming 1500 calories a day.)
I am 187 cm tall and weigh 105 kilos.
Now I stayed away from dieting for 1 month and gained 15 kilos in 1 month..
I don't know how but it happened.
I need to fit into some clothes in 1 month.
So if I eat 1 meal a day and do cardio all the time for 1 month, do you think it will work? Can I lose at least 10 kilos?

My biggest fear is my metabolism slowing down and my skin sagging.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Goddamn man! Lay off the Doner Kebab, Borek, Baklava and Tel Kadayif...that would be a great start. :lol:

An easy way to start is simply don't eat 2 of the 7 days during the week. Just space it out...so say Monday and Thursday.

People think it's impossible but it's not that hard. I do it regularly. I'm actually fasting right now, haven't eaten since around 8pm last night. Walked 17K steps today and cranked out 45 mins on the elliptical.

Your body is perfectly able to pull calories it needs from excess fat stores and if you've gained 15Kg in a month that means you have plenty to pull from.

Also, start walking more. Walking is an exceptional fat burner. Aim for 10K steps a day to start.

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you eat?
Drink?
Alcohol?
Snacks?
You work out? How often?

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fruits and vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables.
Lean proteins, preferably seafood.
Some fatty meats but don't overdo it.
Keep starches to no more than 1/3 of your plate, ideally less.
Walk daily.
Eliminate or reduce alcohol.
Avoid processed foods, deep fried foods and candy/sugar.
Oatmeal for fiber and digestion.

Don't call it a "diet." Just change your paradigm. You now love eating fresh natural foods regularly, that's who you are.

Also the scale doesn't tell the whole story. I lost a bunch of weight, gained some back but my waist kept shrinking slowly. Use the US Navy method and calculate your body fat by measuring waist, neck, etc. If you are lifting weights you may be slowly gaining muscle mass (along with some fat).

Reaction score
Don't even try to lose it fast.
Change your lifestyle and fix it one habit at a time.
- Start lifting and never stop.
- Fix your diet to have protein and veggies on each meal. Change one meal at a time. Start with breakfast. And never stop that either.
etc.

Stop looking for miracle cures and hacks, because there are none.

Except perhaps shooting GLP-1 agonist like ozempic for the rest of your life, but then you only end up skinny fat anyway
or DNP which might be quite easy to take for the rest of your life.. :devil:

plumber

Don Juan
Reaction score
Need to burn more energy than putting in. Cardio and burst.

Start slow jog for a few weeks to loosen up and not have injury. After that do Run/Walk sprints. Its one of the fastest ways to drop stubborn visceral fat. Eat very healthy, take a break from alcohol(later when at target can drink again) and sugar drinks and fruit juice, insert some protein. This will likely remove any back aches, increase test as your legs will be doing explosive burst. Will end up soaked in sweat after the workout. 30 to 60 minutes three times a week will be enough, do not try to do every day. When you sprint hit top speed, and above. Keep moving after the sprint, and then do it again. 100 to 150 meters is enough. If you get any small injury, stop for that day and take couple days rest. If you want abs, insert some crunches between the sprints, that together with the torso tighten that occurs during sprint will take care of it.

The thing about alcohol is that when the muscle is healing after the workout you want it to get clean protein to build from, not calories from alcohol. How the muscles grow will be different depending on how you feed them, and how you you beak them down. Doing the all out sprints will break down the legs and abs in a way that will encourage durable growth. If you do this you can slack off for a long time before getting out of shape again, but you won't want to because it will feel good to run.

3-6 months...

100% sure this works, for many persons.

nelysses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Need to burn more energy than putting in. Cardio and burst.

Start slow jog for a few weeks to loosen up and not have injury. After that do Run/Walk sprints. Its one of the fastest ways to drop stubborn visceral fat. Eat very healthy, take a break from alcohol(later when at target can drink again) and sugar drinks and fruit juice, insert some protein. This will likely remove any back aches, increase test as your legs will be doing explosive burst. Will end up soaked in sweat after the workout. 30 to 60 minutes three times a week will be enough, do not try to do every day. When you sprint hit top speed, and above. Keep moving after the sprint, and then do it again. 100 to 150 meters is enough. If you get any small injury, stop for that day and take couple days rest. If you want abs, insert some crunches between the sprints, that together with the torso tighten that occurs during sprint will take care of it.

The thing about alcohol is that when the muscle is healing after the workout you want it to get clean protein to build from, not calories from alcohol. How the muscles grow will be different depending on how you feed them, and how you you beak them down. Doing the all out sprints will break down the legs and abs in a way that will encourage durable growth. If you do this you can slack off for a long time before getting out of shape again, but you won't want to because it will feel good to run.

3-6 months...

100% sure this works, for many persons.
Don't even try to lose it fast.
Change your lifestyle and fix it one habit at a time.
- Start lifting and never stop.
- Fix your diet to have protein and veggies on each meal. Change one meal at a time. Start with breakfast. And never stop that either.
etc.

Stop looking for miracle cures and hacks, because there are none.

Except perhaps shooting GLP-1 agonist like ozempic for the rest of your life, but then you only end up skinny fat anyway
or DNP which might be quite easy to take for the rest of your life.. :devil:
Actually I know what I need to do. I was wondering if I could just start slowly and continue normally after 1 month, or would my metabolism slow down when I returned to normal because I started slowly?
Also, will my skin sag?

nelysses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Goddamn man! Lay off the Doner Kebab, Borek, Baklava and Tel Kadayif...that would be a great start. :lol:

An easy way to start is simply don't eat 2 of the 7 days during the week. Just space it out...so say Monday and Thursday.

People think it's impossible but it's not that hard. I do it regularly. I'm actually fasting right now, haven't eaten since around 8pm last night. Walked 17K steps today and cranked out 45 mins on the elliptical.

Your body is perfectly able to pull calories it needs from excess fat stores and if you've gained 15Kg in a month that means you have plenty to pull from.

Also, start walking more. Walking is an exceptional fat burner. Aim for 10K steps a day to start.
Yes, almost all the kilos come from kebab :D
What about the other days? Normal 2-3 meals?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yes, almost all the kilos come from kebab :D
What about the other days? Normal 2-3 meals?
Yeah, you eat normally. As long as that is based on proper nutrition. You don't want to fast twice a week and then still continue over eating and eating things that are going to cause you to gain weight the other days.

plumber

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I know what I need to do. I was wondering if I could just start slowly and continue normally after 1 month, or would my metabolism slow down when I returned to normal because I started slowly?
Also, will my skin sag?
The higher test and muscle growth will keep your metabolism up for awhile even if you stop. Those will drop again over time, months or maybe a year if you stop.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

From a medical perspective, this has to be the dumbest and unhealthiest suggestion anyone can make. Going cold turkey from 1500 cals a day (most likely more), to zero will certainly shock your system. Your body will go into withdrawal and pull what it needs to survive. Your body will pull energy from fat and convert it to energy. The one thing my friend, is that it will not always pull it from the fat stored in one's stomach, legs, face, etc. It will pull it from the closest parts of the body which need the energy. You will also have massive headaches/migraines, pain issues and zero energy. Your blood pressure will rise and your blood sugar will drop. @nelysses.

DO NOT DO THIS.

What you can do is only eat watermelon and nothing else. You will lose the weight pretty fast while still getting water and some vitamins. Additionally, you need to take a high-quality vitamin and fish oil every day. Watermelon and plain water. Don't listen to @BackInTheGame78. He means well but is not a medical professional, and what works well for him would most likely NOT work for you at this stage.

Reaction score
Does the OP.even lift?
If not, start lifting first,.

After you have lifting down to habit, then start fixing your diet:
- 0,8 grams of lean protein per lb of bodyweight.
- veggies on each meal
After that's down to habit you should be much better shape already.

Otherwise you will just look sh1ttier after losing weight. Skinny fat with drooping skin, because you will lose about half fat half lean tissue. Fasting will only make this muscle loss worse.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
From a medical perspective, this has to be the dumbest and unhealthiest suggestion anyone can make. Going cold turkey from 1500 cals a day (most likely more), to zero will certainly shock your system. Your body will go into withdrawal and pull what it needs to survive. Your body will pull energy from fat and convert it to energy. The one thing my friend, is that it will not always pull it from the fat stored in one's stomach, legs, face, etc. It will pull it from the closest parts of the body which need the energy. You will also have massive headaches/migraines, pain issues and zero energy. Your blood pressure will rise and your blood sugar will drop. @nelysses.

DO NOT DO THIS.

What you can do is only eat watermelon and nothing else. You will lose the weight pretty fast while still getting water and some vitamins. Additionally, you need to take a high-quality vitamin and fish oil every day. Watermelon and plain water. Don't listen to @BackInTheGame78. He means well but is not a medical professional, and what works well for him would most likely NOT work for you at this stage.
You only know medical stuff...stay out of this realm you are out of your depth.

The benefits and effectiveness of 24 hours fasts has been studied for decades now and has been shown to be safe, effective and actually very healthy overall as it promotes autophagy in the body, insulin sensitivity, 500-700% increase in growth hormone release via pulses and numerous other health benefits.

Instead of spouting what you THINK you know, go actually do some research like I have and read hundreds of studies, but more importantly actually DO IT for years and years.

What I am speaking about comes from experience. What youa re speaking about comes from thinking you know stuff because you are a doctor but this largely has nothing to do with medical conditions or prescription drugs. Doctors who talk about nutrition would be like going to a plumber for a problem with your car.

There is a reason why fasting was practiced in some form in every ancient culture...because it's good for the body.

The human body is not designed to be in a fed state 24/7 like things are today. It's designed to go long periods without eating, something very few people do today and a part of the reason why obesity rates have skyrocketed.

The body doesn't understand that there are stores to go or places to eat anytime of day you want now, and still is designed in the same way as it was during the times where we were hunting and gathering for food and it was relatively scarce.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You only know medical stuff...stay out of this realm you are out of your depth.

The benefits and effectiveness of 24 hours fasts has been studied for decades now and has been shown to be safe, effective and actually very healthy overall as it promotes autophagy in the body, insulin sensitivity, 500-700% increase in growth hormone release via pulses and numerous other health benefits.

Instead of spouting what you THINK you know, go actually do some research like I have and read hundreds of studies, but more importantly actually DO IT for years and years.

What I am speaking about comes from experience. What youa re speaking about comes from thinking you know stuff because you are a doctor but this largely has nothing to do with medical conditions or prescription drugs. Doctors who talk about nutrition would be like going to a plumber for a problem with your car.

There is a reason why fasting was practiced in some form in every ancient culture...because it's good for the body.

The human body is not designed to be in a fed state 24/7 like things are today. It's designed to go long periods without eating, something very few people do today and a part of the reason why obesity rates have skyrocketed.

The body doesn't understand that there are stores to go or places to eat anytime of day you want now, and still is designed in the same way as it was during the times where we were hunting and gathering for food and it was relatively scarce.
Agreed, medical stuff. This IS medical stuff and just because it works for you and has good results, doesn't mean it will work for someone who just gained 33 lbs in a short amount of time. He will shock his system, and something can go seriously wrong. Your intentions are well-meaning, but this is NOT GOOD ADVICE

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Agreed, medical stuff. This IS medical stuff and just because it works for you and has good results, doesn't mean it will work for someone who just gained 33 lbs in a short amount of time. He will shock his system, and something can go seriously wrong. Your intentions are well-meaning, but this is NOT GOOD ADVICE
You have to be at the height and pinnacle of arrogance to suggest that someone not eating for 24 hours is a serious medical issue. Like GTFO with that bullsh!t.

Humans are designed to go far longer than 24 hours without food...it's only this nonsense people believe today since food is abundant that they think you have to constantly stuff your face with calories to survive.

You fail to undertand the body has multiple energy systems that it can switch between at the drop of a dime. It really doesn't give a fvck where it gets calories from.

It will easily just get them from fat stores the same way it would if you ate them. It's perfectly designed to do so because it's a survival mechanism developed for long periods of time where it doesn't have access to food, which was the case for the vast majority of the human race's time on earth.

This isn't some mind blowing science it's actually just common sense, and has been studied for decades. In fact, there are multiple medically documented cases of very obese people who literally didn't eat for months or in one case even a year with no ill effects. These were done under the watchful eye of a doctor and they had routine tests and blood work done every other week or so to monitor them.

I am talking about not eating for a 24 hour period twice a week, not months without eating.

Acting as if the body suddenly has no fvcking idea how to obtain calories from fat stores would be like saying an adult doesn't know how to get up and walk after he wakes up in the morning and gets out of bed. It's a ridiculous statement to make.

Last edited: