Dinner Dates, Coffee, and Drinks

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@pipeman84 I'm still waiting for you to to share your stories and experiences about women.

And with the picture you paint, I'm surprised you would have any experience at all with a 30 plus woman and not to mention from some lousy swipe app. I thought it was all 25 and under virgins.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
What´s the point? Even if @pipeman84 would hypotethically post "I recently took a girl´s virginity" or something, some poster would come along questioning if him (or her) is lying about it.

I cant remember who said it, but it was something along the lines of "Most posters here dont believe in unicorns, but how could they if they have never seen one?"

In the past, members have accused @pipeman84 of being an envious guy. I dont feel this is case, I think its more like he´s looking out for the average SoSuave poster. That being said, I´ve most certainly been wrong about posters before.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I cant remember who said it, but it was something along the lines of "Most posters here dont believe in unicorns, but how could they if they have never seen one?"
Add to that the fact that we're discussing relations between humans, thus things are never as simple as "She's either an unblemished unicorn, or a bloodthirsty harpy". All unions have bumps in the roads, none are eternal, and some we find more satisfying than others

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
In the past, members have accused @pipeman84 of being an envious guy. I dont feel this is case, I think its more like he´s looking out for the average SoSuave poster.
Looking out for the average poster by dismissing other poster’s personal experience is not productive, it’s sour grapes.

Using your logic, we should simply dismiss all advice shared on the forum, because why not?

If a person is unwilling to challenge their own preconceived thoughts with new information, that might disagree with their personal experience it stifles their personal development.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a person is unwilling to challenge their own preconceived thoughts with new information, that might disagree with their personal experience it stifles their personal development.
This is the new generation that is unused to stepping out of the comfort zone, so you cannot be too challenging and need to couch your advice in current buzzwords that they can accept without feeling defensive about being challenged.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
p.s. Incidentally, I've noticed that you do not describe interactions you've had with women, or offer any advice to other men on the forum. Most of your posts consist or "only date 22 year old virgins", "other men who are successful with women are dating warthogs" and generally combative and negative responses to posts. Why do you not regale us with your time tested and battle-proven strategies that you've used to secure all your 22 year old vestal virgins?
That's a strawman, what I actually advocate is to marry a virgin as young as possible. Go ahead and date as many 40yrs olds as you like, I just don't think that's anything special or newsworthy. Just as I don't think that making slightly above minimum wage is anything to be proud about or to keep belabouring.
@pipeman84 I'm still waiting for you to to share your stories and experiences about women.

And with the picture you paint, I'm surprised you would have any experience at all with a 30 plus woman and not to mention from some lousy swipe app. I thought it was all 25 and under virgins.
Doesn't take personal experience necessarily. Smart guys learn by observing the mistakes other guys make and avoiding them in the first place. If you want to read some stories that I find inspiring, read @Colossus posts - TLDR, the guy dated his fair share of hoes but in the end he married a virgin. That in my view is a story with happy end, as opposed to being in your 50s and still pursuing hags from OLD. --> this is not a hidden dig at @Pierce Manhammer because as we all know, he dates attractive women from OLD. :p

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
That's a strawman, what I actually advocate is to marry a virgin as young as possible. Go ahead and date as many 40yrs olds as you like, I just don't think that's anything special or newsworthy. Just as I don't think that making slightly above minimum wage is anything to be proud about or to keep belabouring.

Doesn't take personal experience necessarily. Smart guys learn by observing the mistakes other guys make and avoiding them in the first place. If you want to read some stories that I find inspiring, read @Colossus posts - TLDR, the guy dated his fair share of hoes but in the end he married a virgin. That in my view is a story with happy end, as opposed to being in your 50s and still pursuing hags from OLD. --> this is not a hidden dig at @Pierce Manhammer because as we all know, he dates attractive women from OLD. :p
All fine and well, my receipts have been posted a few times and members have seen proof, it’s all good. But this does beg the question: why do you care what I find attractive, sexy or otherwise?

If you’re going to say that they’re leftovers or unattractive, I’ve posted pics of partners before and the assembled have found them to be comely, as if it matters. I frankly do not care what you find attractive.

If I had advice for you on attracting and dating 20 something virgins I’d provide it to you. At 40 I’d think the pickings for you would be slim, and I’d help if I could. I’m here to edify, not to tear down men.

I’m not here to win the Internet. I also do not care to tell other men how to live their lives, or who to sleep with. When men here discuss their experiences and ask for advice I present MY POV, methods and results, which are based on real-world experiences, not something I read on the Internets.

I’m not telling them what to do or think or expect.

Last edited:

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All fine and well, my receipts have been posted a few times and members have seen proof, it’s all good. But this does beg the question: why do you care what I find attractive, sexy or otherwise?

If you’re going to say that they’re leftovers or unattractive, I’ve posted pics of partners before and the assembled have found them to be comely, as if it matters. I frankly do not care what you find attractive.

If I had advice for you on attracting and dating 20 something virgins I’d provide it to you. At 40 I’d think the pickings for you would be slim, and I’d help if I could. I’m here to edify, not to tear down men.

I’m not here to win the Internet.
OP complained about wasting up to $70-100 on coffee/drinks dates only to be ghosted soon after the date and you hinted that it might be because he's not a renaissance man.
My point was that he's dating women with baggage and issues that he shouldn't be dating in the first place, even more so if he was indeed a renaissance man.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That's all there is to it.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Dr.Suave, post: 3120443, member: 135401"
In the past, members have accused @pipeman84 of being an envious guy. I dont feel this is case, I think its more like he´s looking out for the average SoSuave poster.
Looking out for the average poster by dismissing other poster’s personal experience is not productive, it’s sour grapes.
Not sure if I would call It "sour grapes" but obviously we can agree that posters's personal experiences should not be dismissed.

But I dont know if he's dismissing them or just saying "Not for me".

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
#MINOR HIJACK

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Many men on this forum give dating advice and offer answers to every potential situation, but they have (in some cases, self-admittedly) no experience in the areas discussed. No experience in the area should be the line in the sand for offering advice; it is IMPOSSIBLE to reason with insufficient data. It's even more egregious when the lion's share of what they offer is net negative or veiled personal attacks.

Do I post on investing in the stock markets? No, as I have minimal experience besides cashing in RSUs and ESOs, that's it. I'd be doing a disservice to the folks reading my posts. But in areas I have real, recent, and actionable experience in, fck yeah, I'm going to opine and offer my experiences.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Although saying that, there is alot of dates that are 'free' to go on, walks down the beach, hike. Even a coffee date is no more than £15
If you're a charming man, you don't need to splurge 70 euro on coffee dates. I don't even pay that much for dinner and Amsterdam is in the Top 50 of most expensive cities. 15 quid for a coffee date sounds about right.

Canadian_Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
As we’ve discussed ad nauseam for years on the forum, everyone has their strategies. The strategies I describe do not work for everyone because not everyone fits the the mold I do or has the willpower to follow them - they are certainly not panacea - all a man can do is describe his own successes, in an attempt to help those less fortunate.

Some men prefer to sit around and discuss strategies that are unachievable for them, using it as an excuse for their lack of initiative and crippling insecurity.

Just because online dating (OLD) doesn’t work for you (resulting in limited access to women you find attractive), it doesn’t mean that men in other parts of the world or country don’t succeed online. Similarly, not all women, older than your hypothetical 22-year-old virgin are unattractive, as you might have us believe.

Furthermore, not all single or divorced moms fit the negative stereotypes you’ve perpetuated over the years. And just because you’ve (allegedly) had bad experiences doesn’t mean that other men describing their methods or successes are lying or dating unattractive women.

Be well.

p.s. Incidentally, I've noticed that you do not describe interactions you've had with women, or offer any advice to other men on the forum. Most of your posts consist or "only date 22 year old virgins", "other men who are successful with women are dating warthogs" and generally combative and negative responses to posts. Why do you not regale us with your time tested and battle-proven strategies that you've used to secure all your 22 year old vestal virgins?
Agreed, many of his posts carry the message of "too old, not a virgin, judgemental eye roll".

Last edited:

Chow Mein

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're a charming man, you don't need to splurge 70 euro on coffee dates. I don't even pay that much for dinner and Amsterdam is in the Top 50 of most expensive cities. 15 quid for a coffee date sounds about right.
You’ve ever bring your cat(s) to The Social Hub?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take my cat everywhere except environments that need to stay sterile, like hospital wards and dentist offices.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
That's a strawman, what I actually advocate is to marry a virgin as young as possible
A fella can do that right after he's got Doc Brown to loan him The DeLorean, then traveled back to The 1100s, where 12 year old girls are regularly betrothed to men in their 30s-all points beyond. Otherwise, he's well-advised to start creating a great life here in the present day

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but if you're over 35 and worried about spending $50-$100 you shouldn't be dating
If you go on a lot of dates like 3 dates a week or 10 dates a month (June was a great month for me) then I totally understand
however personally I'm trying to have fun and living in a nice part of town there some good places and fun things to do i.e. bowling, ax throwing, drinking etc. I don't take women on $500 dinner dates, I'm just saying if you dating smoke show's doing a coffee date isn't gonna make the panties wet, I do what I want on a date cause I feel like and not having to worry about penny-pinching

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but if you're over 35 and worried about spending $50-$100 you shouldn't be dating
Not 'worried', just not spending much on dates. I can just hold on to my women so I don't need to be on the prowl every week.

Not just that, the women I date tend to enjoy impressing me with their gardening / cooking skills to show that they're good for more than just sex.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the better ways to save money is to be intentional on who you date. Screen well. I find that I am able to screen more effectively with real life meeting methods than screening women from tech-based methods.

Drinks in a moderately priced bar or bars (multivenue-ing is your friend) is the best tactic and plan for a first date.

Avoid coffee dates. It's difficult to create sexual tension in them.

Avoid dinner dates in restaurants. They are expensive and it is also difficult to create sexual tension on one.

Too many men in the 2020s are still lazy and still use dinner dates in restaurants as first dates. These are the type of men that never make it on to SoSuave or similar type forums.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not 'worried', just not spending much on dates. I can just hold on to my women so I don't need to be on the prowl every week.
I get it however the women I deal with tend to like to go out, and also are active, the only women that are fine with being in the house all day where the ones that were fat lol. Just being honest, IME if you dating smokeshows it's gonna cost either with time or money

Here in the states you can go Bowling it cost $40 For 2 Games for 2 people or Ax Throwing 30 minutes is $20 most these are my go to most women you would be shocked haven't gone on a Ax throwing date ever or bowling in years most guys tend to do the same thing (drinks and coffee) I like to be creative with how I approach a woman with seduction

Game is Game

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in the states you can go Bowling it cost $40 For 2 Games for 2 people or Ax Throwing 30 minutes is $20 most these are my go to most women you would be shocked haven't gone on a Ax throwing date ever or bowling in years most guys tend to do the same thing (drinks and coffee) I like to be creative with how I approach a woman with seduction
Here in Amsterdam just walking around looking at the freak show is already entertaining. And I know this city better than most guides will ever know, so if I'm 'entertaining' a young tourist, I take her to places where tourists rarely come and show her the dark underbelly of infamous Mokum.