Going to be another brutal summer for much of the US it appears...

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another strawman.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in miami.Tinting your car and house windows plus timing your ac usage can go along way.The whole global warming thing has been blown out of proportion in my mind.
The ice caps melting is going to put Miami underwater. Miami is fxcked by the end of the century. Hope you have ironclad flood insurance.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
The ice caps melting is going to put Miami underwater. Miami is fxcked by the end of the century. Hope you have ironclad flood insurance.

“It is very unlikely to completely melt,” Muto said. “But if even a small portion of the Antarctic ice sheet melted, say, enough to raise sea level by a foot or two, it would inundate much of Earth’s coastal areas and displace many millions of people.”

If by "displace" we mean "People may have to move a bit further inland", this is far from catastrophic. An inconvenience, sure, nonetheless not the end of the world. This is all assuming that the sea does end up rising a foot or two

Also:

"The warming atmosphere caused in part by climate change is melting glaciers around the world, including the Greenland ice sheet. But Muto says that most of the current melting in Antarctica is instead caused by changes in ocean circulation that bring warmer waters to the ice sheet. The warm water is melting ice beneath Antarctica, but humans aren’t entirely to blame for the change in ocean currents"

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
humans aren’t entirely to blame for the change in ocean currents
I will just blame them, regardless. I don't like humans. I'm more of a cat person.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Exactly. Science is generally about trying to test and prove things wrong. So it’s a bit weird that people who hate science always point to past conclusions that were eventually proven wrong. That’s the whole point!

It becomes a law when it appears to not be unproven. I.e. planetary motion, thermodynamics, newton, etc.

Yes.

That looks like a Bitcoin breakout moon candle and you got these numnuts rushing to "short" it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You can barely get any kind of insurance in Florida anymore as it is, and those who can are paying like 5x as much as they did a few years ago because every major insurer has left the state.

By the end of the century insurance will cost more than their house payment.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
You can barely get any kind of insurance in Florida anymore as it is, and those who can are paying like 5x as much as they did a few years ago because every major insurer has left the state
Yeah, taking out life insurance on your own kids has become outrageously pricey in The Sunshine State, Post-Casey Anthony. One is well-advised to relocate from Orlando to Boulder ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_JonBenét_Ramsey ), if affordable LI + Never being pestered by a criminal trial, the likes of which leaves you acquitted of murder but also a social pariah, is what you're in the market for

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yeah, taking out life insurance on your own kids has become outrageously pricey in The Sunshine State, Post-Casey Anthony. One is well-advised to relocate from Orlando to Boulder ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_JonBenét_Ramsey ), if affordable LI + Never being pestered by a criminal trial, the likes of which leaves you acquitted of murder but also a social pariah, is what you're in the market for
Did you not get enough attention from Mommy and Daddy growing up that you need to come up with the dumbest most obnoxious things you can think of and pollute every thread ad nauseum with them?

It's not funny. Grow up or go away

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Did you not get enough attention from Mommy and Daddy growing up that you need to come up with the dumbest most obnoxious things you can think of and pollute every thread ad nauseum with them?
Had you received the sort of attention I did from Mummy, Daddy, and their many hanger-ons, you would've walked away with a predilection for morbid comedy also. These deliberately then-skinned times we inhabit have goaded me into developing a perverse appreciation for my own trauma

On a more serious note: One only needs to engage in a miniscule amount of research to discover

Home insurers fleeing Florida IS NOT mostly due to climate change

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I thought this was a forum for unplugged men generally at odds with the establishment. It’s all going a bit Reddit and I don’t like it.
Brings us back around to a subject discussed briefly awhile back: Namely, the unrelenting cruelty of Big Tech Censorship

Currently, any website which isn't eager to be exiled to the bottom of Google's search results has to be hyper-vigilant, regarding the content they allow

Ex. The Free Speech Forum is one of the few English language sites operating today that resembles the gloriously unabridged days of GeoCities

Relatively few folks are aware of it's existence though, and in no small part, this is attributable to Google making TFSF very difficult to find

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brings us back around to a subject discussed briefly awhile back: Namely, the unrelenting cruelty of Big Tech Censorship

Currently, any website which isn't eager to be exiled to the bottom of Google's search results has to be hyper-vigilant, regarding the content they allow

Ex. The Free Speech Forum is one of the few English language sites operating today that resembles the gloriously unabridged days of GeoCities

Relatively few folks are aware of it's existence though, and in no small part, this is attributable to Google making TFSF very difficult to find
While I want to respectfully give the AGW discussion a rest, namely as it’s not getting any of us any awards for upright and proper conduct, this is a very important issue to me and probably one for another thread on another forum given the politics/derailing ban.

To me censorship or moderation should tackle:

- Threats
- Conspiracy to commit crime
- Ad Hominem (this is quite a grey area)

the issue is forums and web traffic Have their own pressures. A sports forum I am on had a ban on mentioning anything which strayed from narrative on the pandemic, as their hosting company said they would shut it down.

What has happened is that due to automation and technology racing away, the power in society has been given to a small group of employees in this sector undemocratically and these companies now have monopolies.

There is a good argument to nationalise these industries as there is no competition. Amazon, Apple et al just buy up or scale out competition and use their dominant position to push their politics in an entirely unethical way on consumers, usually aiming at the youngest ones.

10-20 years history will not look on this period favourably.

over and out. Back on topic.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Rolling Eyes,
I don't think 3 inches every Century is anything to worry Mother about.....Our mean Datum level,from which Surveyors calculate Sea Level (Zero Altitude),is on the side of Customs House in Sydney...It has not changed,as our Island Continent has risen that much.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There have been lots of panicked doomsday climate predictions that never happened. Media and scientists who preach panic with "certain" extremist scenarios are not to be trusted.

I'm sure mankind is fukking up the environment to a degree that could cause his extinction. We'll be gone eventually and it will probably be our fault.

However half the time my own local weather forecast is wrong.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Climate change can be attributed to major human migration movements, civilizations collapsing, plagues, and a surplus in instability. Western civilizations have the most to lose during a warm period because they strategically placed their economic centers off of vulnerable coastlines and other areas vulnerable to climate change too. The last winner during our warm period were the mongols and guess who controls most of the former mongol empire today!

As vulnerable as our modern global supply chain is with our declining western governments, I don’t think you want to live through a worst case scenario of this. WW3 will be worse than WW2, but it will not be this scenario of the empires of the world fighting each other. It will be a lot of Spanish civil war type scenarios happening globally.

Last edited: