The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Srcr347

Reaction score
Update: So we work together, and I wrote my first entry this morning. I had to ignore her and sit on the other side of the office. It was hard because I could she seemed very talkative today. She was all smiles and giddy, and I hated it. I am trying not to let it get to me, but I can't help but feel pissed.
Day 4
I'm not gonna lie, it's kinda rough. I really want to speak to her but I know how bad it'll be if I do. I know it won't progress anywhere if I decide to break this pack. I love her. I really don't want to love her because she's such a ****ing *******. I've been working on myself a bit, hopefully I won't have to pay attention to her later. I'm a lil drunk right now too. I ****ing hate how I feel right now.

finality

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1

I talked with my X yesterday so I'm starting out on day 1 again. I felt much better yesterday and while its easy to blame my X (was feeling good, then talked to my X, now feeling bad) I need to control my own feelings. As soon as I blame others for how I feel I am no longer in control of my own feelings and powerless. Recognizing this, of course, is easy. Applying what you know to be true is much harder.

Controlling my every thought is like trying to catch every snowflake before they touch the ground. And its a freaking blizzard outside. But the seasonings are always changing and pretty soon I wont need to try and catch snowflakes because it will be hot and sunny.

finality

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
X showed up at my gym ugghh

She gave me a lame smirk and then we basically ignored each other. I didn't want to seem butt hurt so as I was walking out I asked how her job hunt was and told her to enjoy her workout.

I think I have my first new plate spinning. I asked her when she is available to get together and she replied asking what time my bedtime was tonight :)

Created on online profile and sent 14 generic messages to HB7+

4 of them responded so that's not bad.

finality

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1 again.

X stopped by yesterday with some of my stuff. No sex. Just basically her coming around to mess with my ego. I found out that she has been banging another guy the past 3 months lol

I told the other guy on Facebook and he was also unaware

I need your guys opinion on this. We are planning on getting in the same room as my X and confronting her on friday afternoon but is it better to just go NC. The best part is Friday is her birthday and she doesn't know anything is up with the other guy. She also told me yesterday that she plans on contracting me in a month when she figures herself out lol.

Anyways.. she we confront her or should I NC.

Going on a first date tonight with a HB6. My attractive level is pretty low and I'd rather just stay home but forcing myself to meet other women,.

Last edited:

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Day 1 again.

X stopped by yesterday with some of my stuff. No sex. Just basically her coming around to mess with my ego. I found out that she has been banging another guy the past 3 months lol

I told the other guy on Facebook and he was also unaware

I need your guys opinion on this. We are planning on getting in the same room as my X and confronting her on friday afternoon but is it better to just go NC. The best part is Friday is her birthday and she doesn't know anything is up with the other guy. She also told me yesterday that she plans on contracting me in a month when she figures herself out lol.

Anyways.. she we confront her or should I NC.

Going on a first date tonight with a HB6. My attractive level is pretty low and I'd rather just stay home but forcing myself to meet other women,.
No. Let it go. Have some dignity and walk the fvck away.

What will you gain by confronting her? Will she care? Will you care if she cares or doesn't care? Why?

Guess what? she can't care when she does't care.

Whose frame do you think you'll be operating in with this little drama? You'd think yours, but it would be hers.....two little idiots playing parts in this bytches drama......when you could be....

LIVING YOUR OWN LIFE!!!!

You got burnt. It happens. It hurts. You're not the first. There are plenty here that it happened to also.

You use it to transform YOUR LIFE. No Mud, no Lotus Flower. Are you ready to make your transformation?

You'll look back on this one day and think to yourself "wow, I actually needed that situation to happen to me" believe me when I tell you that one that you'll be grateful for this pain, grateful for this humiliation.....

Accept that it's over for good and let go of false hope.

It doesn't matter what she says. The words of the dead are not important. Move forward with your life.

With revenge, prepare to dig two graves (confuctious I believe)

finality

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I took a new girl out and the entire time I was comparing her to my X. I actually talked about my X most of the night. She was a 6 at best and her personality was boring. Basically I just wanted crawl back to my oneitis like an afc.

What are some suggestions from the DJs. Should I take some time off to "heal" or should I force myself to see other women even when I'm pinning.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took a new girl out and the entire time I was comparing her to my X. I actually talked about my X most of the night. She was a 6 at best and her personality was boring. Basically I just wanted crawl back to my oneitis like an afc.

What are some suggestions from the DJs. Should I take some time off to "heal" or should I force myself to see other women even when I'm pinning.
Nothing good will EVER come of doing this. Would it increase your attraction to a woman, to sit through a date with her, just to hear her talk about her ex all night? Talk about anything--but not your ex, especially on a first date! Have more self restraint. Get out of your past and be in the present. There was a brand new woman sitting in front of you and you spent the night telling her about a woman she does not even know or care about. How is that going to make her pvssy wet or want to see you again?

Jordski

Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll look back on this one day and think to yourself "wow, I actually needed that situation to happen to me" believe me when I tell you that one that you'll be grateful for this pain, grateful for this humiliation.....
. So much this.

finality

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing good will EVER come of doing this. Would it increase your attraction to a woman, to sit through a date with her, just to hear her talk about her ex all night? Talk about anything--but not your ex, especially on a first date! Have more self restraint. Get out of your past and be in the present. There was a brand new woman sitting in front of you and you spent the night telling her about a woman she does not even know or care about. How is that going to make her pvssy wet or want to see you again?
I didn't care about making her wet. She was 5 and only went out to force myself a date. She was actually rubbing her foot against mine and fiddling with her hair all night. I could've escalated things if I wanted to.

I was asking if there is a thing about not being ready to see other women yet. Like is there a grieving process after splitting with someone you dating for 18 months with talks about marriage or will going on dates right now expedite the process of feeling like a list a huge part of my life

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score

In my opinion you should take some time off to heal. When you come out of a relationship like that....your emotions are all over the place. You're like a drunk driver behind the wheel of a car. It's an accident waiting to happen. Give yourself the space and time to process what's happened. Keep busy and be social with friends and family. Spend time/reconnect with male friends. You need to find that sense of being comfortable being single. You need to find that sense of independence. You need to build a happy single life that's so full and interesting that you reach a point where you say to yourself..."damn, where would I have the time to fit a woman into my life!!" When you feel this way, you'll find all of that neediness will have disolved by the wayside......like the sand slowly falling down the hour glass. The hour glass that represents TIME.....which is what it takes. The time will pass anyway, best use it to your advantage and grow.....

Bear in mind that no woman wants to be your psychiatrist nor your mother. You must build up your self-control and cease talking about your ex and the past to other women. You do not have this luxury. You'll be viewed as weak and boring by women. A woman is the one who can be emotional in a relationship. You cannot, you must be the rational one. You must be the island and she the emotional waves bashing against you. You must be the strong one during the storm. It may seem unfair but that's the way it is. Two emotional people in a relationship and it'll fall to ****e. Furthermore, she won't respect you for being the weak one; and if she can't respect you, she can never love you.

Comparing other women to your ex can last a long time....if you don't change your perspective. You must learn to live in the present moment. If you're sitting there with another human being and in your head you're making a comparison to your ex (who is now just an entity of the past....in essence, a ghost) you're not completely there in the present. Ask yourself constantly, "what am I doing?" In sitting her with another person.....be there present....involve yourself in the conversation. "what am I doing?" I'm doing the washing up....be there present.....feel the water on your hand......smell the soap....be there........if you're not there in the present you're like the living dead. Away with the fairies. Be there now.

You can view women like wine. People often ask me "do you prefer red or white wine?". Their vision is so limited. There's such a vast array of wine to choose from. It depends on what I'm eating. It depends on the season. It depends on my mood. I know people who always choose the same wine. Over and over again. They'll say, "I know I like this one". But you have a world of wine to choose from! How can you know what you truly enjoy unless you have sampled many! Comparing other women to your ex is like comparing every bottle of wine that you taste to a bottle of Malbec that you had on a trip to Argentina five years ago!!!! You cannot truly enjoy the wine today because in your mind you're conjuring up the image of that wonderful bottle of Malbec you had five years ago! Lamenting to yourself you pine...."well this Saint-Emilion, is not bad.....but it's not like that amazing Malbec" How can it be!!!! It's nothing like the Malbec! It's a different grape damn it!!!!! Well it's three different grapes, but anyway....

There are others that will have a different opinion. That you should throw yourself back out there asap. I've been there and done that. Went on a fvck fest. It didn't help. Sooner or later you have to process that ****e or else it has a tendency to come back out when you least expect it. That ****e leaks out of you in your next relationship if you haven't processed it. Process it and change your mentality before allowing anyone else in.

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion you should take some time off to heal. When you come out of a relationship like that....your emotions are all over the place. You're like a drunk driver behind the wheel of a car. It's an accident waiting to happen. Give yourself the space and time to process what's happened. Keep busy and be social with friends and family. Spend time/reconnect with male friends. You need to find that sense of being comfortable being single. You need to find that sense of independence. You need to build a happy single life that's so full and interesting that you reach a point where you say to yourself..."damn, where would I have the time to fit a women into my life!!" When you feel this way, you'll find all of that neediness will have disolved by the wayside......like the sand slowly falling down the hour glass. The hour glass that represents TIME.....which is what it takes. The time will pass anyway, best use it to your advantage and grow.....

Bear in mind that no women wants to be your psychiatrist nor your mother. You must build up your self-control and cease talking about your ex and the past to other women. You do not have this luxury. You'll be viewed as weak and boring by women. A women is the one who can be emotional in a relationship. You cannot, you must be the rational one. You must be the island and she the emotional waves bashing against you. You must be the strong one during the storm. It may seem unfair but that's the way it is. Two emotional people in a relationship and it'll fall to ****e. Furthermore, she won't respect you for being the weak one; and if she can't respect you, she can never love you.

Comparing other women to your ex can last a long time....if you don't change your perspective. You must learn to live in the present moment. If you're sitting there with another human being and in your head you're making a comparison to your ex (who is now just an entity of the past....in essence, a ghost) you're not completely there in the present. Ask yourself constantly, "what am I doing?" In sitting her with another person.....be there present....involve yourself in the conversation. "what am I doing?" I'm doing the washing up....be there present.....feel the water on your hand......smell the soap....be there........if you're not there in the present you're like the living dead. Away with the fairies. Be there now.

You can view women like wine. People often ask me "do you prefer red or white wine?". Their vision is so limited. There's such a vast array of wine to choose from. It depends on what I'm eating. It depends on the season. It depends on my mood. I know people who always choose the same wine. Over and over again. They'll say, "I know I like this one". But you have a world of wine to choose from! How can you know what you truly enjoy unless you have sampled many! Comparing other women to your ex is like comparing every bottle of wine that you taste to a bottle of Malbec that you had on a trip to Argentina five years ago!!!! You cannot truly enjoy the wine today because in your mind you're conjuring up the image of that wonderful bottle of Malbec you had five years ago! Lamenting to yourself you pine...."well this Saint-Emilion, is not bad.....but it's not like that amazing Malbec" How can it be!!!! It's nothing like the Malbec! It's a different grape damn it!!!!! Well it's three different grapes, but anyway....

There are others that will have a different opinion. That you should throw yourself back out there asap. I've been there and done that. Went on a fvck fest. It didn't help. Sooner or later you have to process that ****e or else it has a tendency to come back out when you least expect it. That ****e leaks out of you in your next relationship if you haven't processed it. Process it and change your mentality before allowing anyone else in.
This, take a couple of months to heal, and focus on building a life you want to live. It has worked for me, now I really want to meet women without baggage that made things difficult.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was asking if there is a thing about not being ready to see other women yet. Like is there a grieving process after splitting with someone you dating for 18 months with talks about marriage or will going on dates right now expedite the process of feeling like a list a huge part of my life
@finality, below is a super brief excerpt, to just get you started:

"What happens in a breakup is similar to coming down off a narcotic. The addict seeks to re-stimulate the reward process, only now that process is denied to him (or her). Thus the addict is forced to create novel ways to reestablish that reward, however under these new circumstances that reward rush doesn’t compare to the original high of infatuation, love, etc."

Go read the rest of, "Detox" by @Rollo Tomassi here: http://therationalmale.com/2012/05/15/detox/

Last edited:

finality

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@finality, below is a super brief excerpt, to just get you started:

"What happens in a breakup is similar to coming down off a narcotic. The addict seeks to re-stimulate the reward process, only now that process is denied to him (or her). Thus the addict is forced to create novel ways to reestablish that reward, however under these new circumstances that reward rush doesn’t compare to the original high of infatuation, love, etc."

Go read the rest of, "Detox" by @Rollo Tomassi here: http://therationalmale.com/2012/05/15/detox/
Thing is a used to be a hardcore drug addict (10 years ago) too. The feelings are the same for sure. Today is day 3 and the only time I feel good is when I'm too angry to think.

finality

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thing is a used to be a hardcore drug addict (10 years ago) too. The feelings are the same for sure. Today is day 3 and the only time I feel good is when I'm too angry to think.
BTW started reading No Mud, No Lotus but my mind is everywhere and feels like a just read the words then 10 minutes later I realize I don't remember anything I read. I'm seriously going through a tough time right now.

I'm going to some meet up group thing tonight that is for releasing negative energy though group hypnotherapy. I know nothing about but I'm nee something something..... looking at Rollo's article I'm obviously seeking a novel approach to getting that reward back but it cannot be found :(

The flip side is if I stay inside the depression will kill me. I can't wait to look back on this on realize how fking crazy I was. That IS going to happen right???

Last edited:

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...my mind is everywhere and feels like a just read the words then 10 minutes later I realize I don't remember anything I read. I'm seriously going through a tough time right now.
I can't wait to look back on this on realize how fking crazy I was. That IS going to happen right???

You say you use to be a hardcore drug addict 10 years ago. Three days into quitting drugs I can't even imagine all you were going through. You made it through that. Here you are 10 years later. You can look back and see how improved you and your life are. You can do that here too! Yes, you will look back and be amazed at how far you journeyed. Be kind to yourself through this. Your drug addicted detoxing self needed kindness, understanding and encouragement, not judgement. That is what you need here as well. Take care of yourself. Focus on the basics. Appreciate each day forward. They will add up. One day you'll see that you are free, you have made it through and become a stronger, better man along the way.

finality

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You say you use to be a hardcore drug addict 10 years ago. Three days into quitting drugs I can't even imagine all you were going through. You made it through that. Here you are 10 years later. You can look back and see how improved you and your life are. You can do that here too! Yes, you will look back and be amazed at how far you journeyed. Be kind to yourself through this. Your drug addicted detoxing self needed kindness, understanding and encouragement, not judgement. That is what you need here as well. Take care of yourself. Focus on the basics. Appreciate each day forward. They will add up. One day you'll see that you are free, you have made it through and become a stronger, better man along the way.
The thing is a quit drugs right at another time that I broke up with an oneitis. So I already associate breakups with the feeling of coming off drugs and then I have to deal with the ACTUAL feeling of coming off drugs.

Oh yeah, today is my X's birthday. She is having it at a place that I recommended when we were still together.

If I'm being a total AFC puzzy just say so.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is a quit drugs right at another time that I broke up with an oneitis. So I already associate breakups with the feeling of coming off drugs and then I have to deal with the ACTUAL feeling of coming off drugs.

Oh yeah, today is my X's birthday. She is having it at a place that I recommended when we were still together.

If I'm being a total AFC puzzy just say so.
Then consider that this time will be easier than that one. This time you are just detoxing an ex and not hard drugs too! If you were able to do that, certainly you can do this!

Quit beating yourself up! Don't slyly use the fact that I said that, to beat yourself up with it either. Break-ups are rough. If you had no heart it would be a different story. Be glad you have one. The life of a conscienceless person, one without caring and loving of others is not a life you'd want. It's a difficult existence to put it mildly, in my observation.

You have a heart. Be glad. It hurts. That's ok. It is not forever. Have you ever broken a bone? Your motion is limited for a while as it repairs and heals, from the inside out. Eventually you are back doing what you did. This is like that in some ways. Don't keep nagging yourself about having a broken bone. Change your focus. See what you can do to assist the healing and entertain yourself and live your life the best way possible, while it heals.

It's not some horrible failure. It's life in action. It's what happens. Don't make it exceptionally personal. Be kind. Day by day, move forward.