Pasta has a unique structure, low glycemic response and doesn't contribute to obesity(STUDY)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I used to IF but discovered it was likely doing more harm than good. Be careful, especially if you're closer to 50 y.o. than 20. Closer to 50, our bodies are just not as efficient at maintaining and recovering mm. Now fat and hair in unwanted places on the other hand....
This claim is nonsense. I fast regularly using 5:2 and am in my mid 40s and have never felt better. Numerous studies disagree with your claims as well.

Exactly what efficiency are you talking about?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never eaten breakfast since I was a child, I wake up and I'm just not hungry until midday, even when I worked construction I was not hungry until 10:30-11am. I don't think IF is detrimental or it wouldn't feel so natural to me (and many others).

tightgrp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never eaten breakfast since I was a child, I wake up and I'm just not hungry until midday, even when I worked construction I was not hungry until 10:30-11am. I don't think IF is detrimental or it wouldn't feel so natural to me (and many others).
There can be confusion regarding IF and what exactly it could mean from one person to the next. Undoubtedly, our bodies need to cycle in and out of anabolic and catabolic states leaning more towards catabolism. At the same time, we can condition our body's circadian rhythm to certain eating schedules.

I've tried it all. 16:8, 20:4, multiple day fasts, varied meal timing, keto, carnivore, various levels of carbs, etc... Don't fast anymore. Nutrition and health is an individual learning journey. I've walked the path, studied hard and learned a lot (and learn more every day) as I'm betting the commenters here do as well. Best of luck.

tightgrp

Don Juan
Reaction score
This claim is nonsense. I fast regularly using 5:2 and am in my mid 40s and have never felt better. Numerous studies disagree with your claims as well.

Exactly what efficiency are you talking about?
Protein conversion. I remember you writing about 5:2. There are many factors at play and choices are individual depending on activity level and diet. I don't fast any longer unless you count between meals which technically could be called IF. I eat 3 times a day, spaced 4-5hrs apart to maximize muscle protein synthesis.