Pasta has a unique structure, low glycemic response and doesn't contribute to obesity(STUDY)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Interesting...I knew that cooking, then cooling pasta changed the structure to a more resistant starch but did not know it apparently already has some of that benefit to begin with...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Eat up and watch your abs fade into blubber.
Depends on how much like with anything else. If you eat a giant plate every day and don't do anything to offset it then sure...

I don't partake but plenty of pro athletes do and many of them still have abs

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi BackInTheGame,
All the big time Pasta eaters I have known are overweight.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hi BackInTheGame,
All the big time Pasta eaters I have known are overweight.
Pro athletes are. They are definitely not overweight...at least not most of them.

I would also be willing to bet that has a lot to do with what they are putting on it...Alfredo sauce might as well be injecting artery clogger into your veins.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi BackInTheGame,
That's interesting,as all the Pasta eaters I have known were Greek or Italian maybe a genetic thing?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on how much like with anything else. If you eat a giant plate every day and don't do anything to offset it then sure...
Yeah, I watch this girl on YouTube who's a vegetarian, and it looks like she eats mostly pasta, as well as fruits and vegetables. But it doesn't look like she eats much, and is very active (burns a lot of calories). And she is about as skinny as you can get.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I wondered about Italians too. I swear Italians can grow muscle quicker and not all of them get fat either haha

with me and pizza i pack on lbs quick. Ive never ate pasta frequently though.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I genuinely think human beings are built differently.
carbs turn me into blancmange. Bread esp.

My wife (Asian) eats a virtually all carb diet and she has a thigh gap. She eats tons too.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I wondered about Italians too. I swear Italians can grow muscle quicker and not all of them get fat either haha

with me and pizza i pack on lbs quick. Ive never ate pasta frequently though.
To add to this;

traditional romantic evening: Italian restaurant with wine.

sit me down eating pasta and pizza with red wine and the only thing I’m doing when I get home is falling asleep.

For me valentines should be a massive lifting season followed by a steak salad and maybe 2 shorts.

Italian restaurants for me are libido killers. Perhaps that’s why, the Italian waiters are taking you out the game so they can clean up with your Mrs!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I genuinely think human beings are built differently.
carbs turn me into blancmange. Bread esp.

My wife (Asian) eats a virtually all carb diet and she has a thigh gap. She eats tons too.
Depends...again I think with pasta a lot of the damage is done via the sauces people choose to put on it.

Also, if you are overweight, you are pretty much almost always insulin resistant and also have higher than normal levels of inflammatory compounds floating around. Your margin for error is far lower than normal in terms of what foods are "safe" to eat.

Once you address that issue and reclaim your insulin sensitivity via nutrition and exercise over time and reduce inflammation in your body, you likely will find your margin for error goes up significantly, although as you age that also tends to lower it as well.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Lots of skinny people eat pasta. More than a fistful is too much.
Depends on what your goals are, how much muscle you already have, your daily caloric expenditure and your metabolism, etc.

A fist size for a dude who is 6' 4" tall, 225 lbs and 10% bodyfat is nothing...dude could eat a plateful or more and be perfectly fine.

A fist size for a dude who has a TDEE of over 3500 calories thru workouts and other activities is nothing...he could also eat a plateful or more and be perfectly fine.

For a person who is sedentary or only does a workout and little else in terms of activity, then yeah that's probably correct.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what your goals are, how much muscle you already have, your daily caloric expenditure and your metabolism, etc.

A fist size for a dude who is 6' 4" tall, 225 lbs and 10% bodyfat is nothing...dude could eat a plateful or more and be perfectly fine.

A fist size for a dude who has a TDEE of over 3500 calories thru workouts and other activities is nothing...he could also eat a plateful or more and be perfectly fine.

For a person who is sedentary or only does a workout and little else in terms of activity, then yeah that's probably correct.
Yes of course. I was speaking more generally - food avoidance (if you like the food) can be counter productive.

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Back, is this the same idea as cooked then cooled potatoes? I know they are the most satiating food by rating. If so, then this is gold. Add another great carb to the menu that creates enough satiety, making it easier to reach eating goals because you don't always feel hungry.

Nitrozv20

Don Juan
Reaction score
you can lose weight on ****ing twinkies. Its all about calories in and calories out. granted youll still look like **** because lack of protein. Protein is king, but carbohydrates are not the devil.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hey Back, is this the same idea as cooked then cooled potatoes? I know they are the most satiating food by rating. If so, then this is gold. Add another great carb to the menu that creates enough satiety, making it easier to reach eating goals because you don't always feel hungry.
Cooked and cooled potatoes also lead to a change in the type of carbohydrate to a resistant starch. What's more is that every time it's heated and cooled again it becomes a more resistant starch.

Similar concept but perhaps not exactly the same.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pasta is fine.