Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Height is very important

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeasantPlayer said:
5'9 5'9 1/2 is average. Anything under is short.....I heard if you do yoga it can elongate your spine a inch or 2 and give you better posture and thus make you taller
To clarify... you can't elongate your spine permanently, but you can to it temporarily. You don't have to do yoga for it either, just dead hang from a bar (and work on your posture).

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yewki said:
I seriously can't stop laughing at how much of a douchey opener that is...
That was a situational opener as I could actually hear some heavy metal riffs from her earbuds.

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. If you are good looking and have a great body I promise you will never get turned down by women for being 5'9.
2. IF you a legit 5'10 its very easy to lie to a chick and tell her your 6 feet. She wont notice unless shes like 5'8... Most women consider 5'10 a good height, thats tall to most latin women especially.

I am just over 5'11, do I think that I would pull more ***** if I was 6'0 or 6'1? I doubt it. Would I pull less women if I was 5'10? I ****ing doubt it.

Your face is the most important, followed by physique. For keeping a woman your penis size and how good in bed you are/being able to own her mind is even more important.

ps A 5'10 jacked guy will get way more attention and have far more success with women than a 6'2 average built man.

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
captain55 said:
For keeping a woman your penis size and how good in bed you are/being able to own her mind is even more important.
Yeah being decently hung is a game changer for sure. I think a lot of women mistakenly think shorter guy = smaller package but that isn't true.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Suspens said:
Anyone could be suffering from inferiority complex.

If your height is the main source of your confidence, you could be lacking in other areas.
I am considered tall but I am aspergers. Imagine what I have to cope with. The diminished outlook. The lowered expectation. Living the reinforced lie that the gals are fairer than the guys despite enough signs to the contrary. It's only because in society there are legislated boundaries if you are a male.

As for the height thing, it seems that just because something isn't an 'ism' it appears to be fair game. I often look back at the Susan Boyle thing and the crap she got as a point of reference that really says something about looks-obsessed culture and this illusion that nobody is racist anymore.

My parents are my only motivators. They don't talk smack like the young club girls. I wouldn't be languishing in sausage-fest adult social groups ('oh come on. You'll meet new people') with no goal or ambition if I was classically handsome.

Moy_1974

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5ft 8 and I've been celibate - like total dating leper - for over two years and counting. I'm 40 and I work out hard to ensure that I'm in good shape and without sounding arrogant, compared to most fellas in my age group - most of whom are married and settled down, I'm doing ok. (my profile pic is from Feb 2015 if anybody wants a look.)

I don't have much of a social life (aforementioned settled down friends) so I've spent the past two years reduced to POF and OKC as my only contact with women. Women on there literally take one look at me and react like I'm a hunchback. Online dating? Forget it, only so many times you can take 'f*** off, hobbit' by 4s and 5s before you give up.

Genos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Height absolutely matters. It absolutely does. In fact, I think the only limiting factor in how far you can get with women is height, insofar as your dating pool is a bit more limited (some women will rule you out because of it). Literally EVERYTHING else about yourself you can change, both inner and outer - I believe even Pook said this.

But some women won't care, or will look past it, and if you're looking for a woman, these are the kinds you want to get to know.

My inspiration is my roommate. He's a 5'4 indian guy, average to above average looks, super skinny (doesn't lift at all). His girlfriend of 4 years is a bombshell asian chick (same height as him), easily an HB9, turning heads as she walks past. She gives no ****s about his height, probably because he has an absolutely magnetic, charismatic personality. He's ambitious, has great career prospects, etc. Whatever he lacks physically (though honestly he looks just fine, and dresses really well), he makes up in other aspects of himself. He's ambitious and driven towards his passions and personal goals, and women are addicted to those kinds of men.

My old oneitis who brought me to this forum was another; I'm 5'4, and shes 5'2. I never ever got the feeling that my height was even relevant to her (even though in my observation, she certainly appreciated tall muscular men as well). For the period of time when we were intimate, she'd even sometimes stand on my toes so that our faces would be at the same height, though we were essentially the same height anyway. Damn, that made me feel manly haha.

And this is another thing - quality women will (and know how to) make you feel manly/masculine, regardless of your physical imperfections, not belittle you for them (though you should always expect a little teasing). There was an RSD tyler video in which he said that whenever a woman **** tests or teases you about your height, race, etc., what she's really saying is: "Hey I think you're interesting. I'm ok with your imperfections, but I'm wondering if YOU'RE ok with them." Or at least that's how you should frame it in your mind.

Really look at and observe these examples of short men (both on this forum and in your day-to-day life) who have attracted quality women, and those attractive women who are happily dating short men - let them serve as an example/inspiration/hope for you, don't just throw your dating life away if you're short. As an aside, it seems to me women who are willing to look past such things as height and date short men are more likely to be quality women (not that women dating taller guys aren't or can't be quality girls; it's simply that the act of dating shorter guys is already strong evidence of the mentality of being more open-minded, etc.).

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Konduit said:
There was an RSD tyler video in which he said that whenever a woman **** tests or teases you about your height, race, etc., what she's really saying is: "Hey I think you're interesting. I'm ok with your imperfections, but I'm wondering if YOU'RE ok with them."

No, read my FR posted on this topic. Teasing about things you can't change is rude and disrespectful.

Genos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Suspens said:
No, read my FR posted on this topic. Teasing about things you can't change is rude and disrespectful.
Things are rarely so absolute. It all has to do with the delivery, mood, and context. No topic is off-limits as long as both parties unconsciously understand it's all in good fun.

Sure, a woman you've just met busting on how short you are is probably an indicator that she's low quality/not socially conscious. Playful joking from a girl you've been dating for 5 years or something (after she's repeatedly told you how much she loves you, loves your c0ck, etc.)? Doesn't seem like as big of a problem, if it's a problem at all.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Konduit said:
Playful joking from a girl you've been dating for 5 years or something (after she's repeatedly told you how much she loves you, loves your c0ck, etc.)? Doesn't seem like as big of a problem, if it's a problem at all.
Why should she bring it up after 5 years?"Hey I think you're interesting." Seriously.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Konduit said:
Things are rarely so absolute. It all has to do with the delivery, mood, and context. No topic is off-limits as long as both parties unconsciously understand it's all in good fun.

Sure, a woman you've just met busting on how short you are is probably an indicator that she's low quality/not socially conscious. Playful joking from a girl you've been dating for 5 years or something (after she's repeatedly told you how much she loves you, loves your c0ck, etc.)? Doesn't seem like as big of a problem, if it's a problem at all.
You really go on to think a woman shows herself to be "low quality" because she would reject you for some physical trait? come on dude... you can word that in a way that doesn't make every woman who prefers men who aren't short into "low quality".

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Height does have its advantages, not gonna lie. The best athletes are always taller than 6'2, except maybe soccer. But aside from that, being short doesn't have benefits.

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ImTheDoubleGreatest! said:
Height does have its advantages, not gonna lie. The best athletes are always taller than 6'2, except maybe soccer. But aside from that, being short doesn't have benefits.
NFL running backs...Barry Sanders was like 5'8" and was awesome.

Genos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Suspens, Don't take it so literally; the 5 year dating scenario was merely an example of a situation/context in which teasing about a physical trait isn't perceived as a insult/disrespectful

AttackFormation said:
You really go on to think a woman shows herself to be "low quality" because she would reject you for some physical trait? come on dude... you can word that in a way that doesn't make every woman who prefers men who aren't short into "low quality".
I shoulda made it clearer yeah; of course it's normal for women to prefer/reject men based on physical traits, certainly; however if she's being rude or disrespectful about it ("**** off midget", etc. etc.), when the method of rejection is over the line/tactlessly delivered, that's when it demonstates more often than not that the woman is low quality/socially unconscious (this was in the context of suspens' comment).

wishyo

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, height matters a lot
even as a dude, i dont care for pretty much any girl below 5.7, my perfect range is 6-6.3.
about 50% of my male friends are 6.1+ too, i dont really care at all about it, but it just happened so for some reason. I am attracted to tall dudes too i gues (no homo)

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, if you're under 5'10 and not built it will be tough. The other day I saw this guy at the bar who's 5'4 and he was talking to these two hotties. They were talking to him like he was a child.

yungballa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fvck height
to me this all sounds like bs
stop bsing and just go game girls

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RedZone said:
You can't worry about something you can't change.
Lot of women have this ability to be vocal about a guy's looks.
If you have in the past been at the receiving end of this is this a legit reason to be bitter from thereon?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
PeasantPlayer said:
Leonardo Dicaprio and Brad Pitt are both 5'9 5'10 ish. When you wear shoes it adds an inch or a bit more. They have a real celebrity height list online somewhere, most athlete and actors heights are exaggerated
You can't go by Hollywood actors. The camera creates the illusion they are taller.

That said, being tall means some girls are too short for you.