Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Height is very important

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
latino158 said:
I've noticed that most "naturals" are guys who happen to be tall. Taller guys usually grow up more confident, deal with less bullying (people tend to pick on people smaller) and feel more entitled in life.
Even the posters here recognize value in being tall. Just the other day, a guy here posted that his two sons were 6'1" and 6'2", so he "must have done something right".

Like I've been saying here recently, usually when I hear a group of girls going on about how cute some guy is, he's almost always over 6'. Definitely an advantage to be tall, but what are you going to do. I'm 5'10", and like you say, that's average, so it doesn't really do me any good but it doesn't really hurt me either. But it can matter (either way) depending on the height of the guy she's comparing me with.

skinnyguy said:
Well in all fairness, Cruise is probably the idol of the century because he's worth about half a billion dollars and a movie star.
Plus he's the face of Scientology! :)

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeasantPlayer said:
Leonardo Dicaprio and Brad Pitt are both 5'9 5'10 ish. When you wear shoes it adds an inch or a bit more. They have a real celebrity height list online somewhere, most athlete and actors heights are exaggerated
Leo is 6'0 and Bradley is 5'11.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
No its not legitimate, its a symptom of psychological illness. As soon as you actually take a leap and DATE women you will have a whole new slew of things to be bitter about :cool:
Interesting perspective, but I will tell you my past. As a 28 year old virgin I will tell you that I have been deeply insecure about things I can't change. I can still feel with all this fear of rejection and I'm not short. Still, I've seen that Sex & the City episode. The Samantha character seemed to initially crush that short guy's confidence at every turn.

The media is nobody's friend. It alienates you because you're bald, short, fat, unemployed, a nerd....driving stereotypes into the ground. Gits they are.

I was bullied at school by girls AND boys and friends telling me I'd never get laid. Thus expectation in dating and general life is lower.

It was strange though how once a girl approached me, because I wasn't expecting it as a result of being depressed at that point and she must have seen that.

I fear I might get seriously ill if these lowered expectations keep up.

jhonson3

Reaction score
*Taller men are more respected*

-Taller men are more intimidating/masculine/adult looking than shorter/average men. Height is a masculine trait and just about the most important one.
-A shy tall man is often seen as a "really cool, chill, down-to-earth guy" (as if he deserves a reward for being both tall and humble), a shy shorter man is seen as ""passive" and "beta"
-A 6'2 guy who is in decent shape is still going to look way "bigger" than a shredded 5'8" guy. Shorter guys who work out are often claimed to be "overcompensating" for their height.
- feel like a ****ing child standing near anyone who is 3-4 inches taller than me.
-The very act of having to look up to someone in the eye is very submissive feeling. You feel very demasculinized when a man has a 3+ inch height advantage on you. As children we are basically conditioned to view taller people as the smarter/wiser/more protective people.
-No mater how much you lift, eat right, etc., you can never get taller.
-I do not believe that average penis size/balding hair is anywhere on the same level as importance of height.

*Women much prefer tall men*

-Height is on a different level than body shape/facial aesthetics, etc. when it comes to attraction. Most women will flat out not date a man shorter than herself, and will much prefer a man around 6 feet than an average/below average guy. If she can't wear heels around you, she will also be turned off.
-The majority of women would prefer a 6'0 - 6'2 version of you if they had the choice.
-While using online dating sites where I didn't have my height listed, almost half of the girls I'd talk to would ask how tall I am within the first 10minutes of talking.
-Very rarely will you see a girl say "MUST HAVE HAIR!". But it is very common for a girl to put a height requirement on her page.
-I've noticed that most "naturals" are guys who happen to be tall. Taller guys usually grow up more confident, deal with less bullying (people tend to pick on people smaller) and feel more entitled in life.
DISTURBING: Twitter that re-tweets women bashing shorter men everyday: https://twitter.com/heightismwatch
-Skinny tall men look fashionable and mysterious. Skinny shorter men look like children.

*Taller men are more succesful
-There has not been a president under 5'11 since 1976. Naturally, the public views leaders as tall men.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heights_of_presidents_and_presidential_candidates_of_the_United_States
-It flat out seems if you're 5'10 and under you have no shot at becoming president.
-58% of CEOs are 6'0" or taller (Despite only 14% of US men being this height)
-30% of CEOs are 6'2 or taller (Despite only 3.9% of US men being this height)
-Average height of athletes in the 4 major sports are all 6 feet+

*Men are often defined by their height*
-Height discrimination is not frowned upon in the US.
-If a tall guy is aggressive, he's a leader. If a short guy is aggressive, he has "napolean syndrome"
-If a tall guy has a cool car, he has a cool car. If a short guy has a cool car, is "overcompensating"
-Tom Cruise is constantly made fun of for being a "midget", despite being a low-average height of 5'7"
-Men of average/shorter height constantly get jabbed at for height (“Shorty”, “little guy”, etc.) yet it is
-Media/advertising/movies, etc. always use the dynamic of the tall guy = leader, alpha and the short guy = beta, as this commerical compilation demonstrates:
-Usually someone's first impresion of you is your height. Later on if someone was asked to describe you, they'll usually say "tall" or "short"

My height view
5'6 and below = People start defining you as a "short guy"
5'7 - 5'9: Short average (Will have to deal with disavantages of not being tall)
5'10: Average (Shouldn't be any huge disadvantages, but no real benefits either)
5'11: Cut off for being "tall",
6'0 - 6'2: Ideal
6'3 - 6'4: Great
6'5+: Can start getting lanky, but if you aren't (ore ven if you are) you can usually intimidate anyone in room
I LOVE YOUR COMMENT