'you're too good for me' sh!t test. (Rollo & other vets)

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear All,
While The role reversal may not hold any metaphorical value,take my word,that it is standard practice for a Male Dancer who doesn't want to Dance with a Woman for any of a number of reasons,taking in most aspects of Male-Female interplay,to simply say"Sorry you are just too good for me"!

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
betheman said:
Ive had the "you're to good" for me line a couple of times, of course, it doesnt mean anything of the sort...or does it?
I dotn actually think it is a sh!t test, I think its more of a warning, when she says this, she is making a statement within a statement.
my take on it is, "Ive slept around, done some real dirty sh!t, been done by all kinds of douchbags and treated accordingly", also, it her transmitting that she thinks you are a "nice guy" = too good.

therefore I see it as a warning that although not revealing her past explicitly, she is doing so subtley and also letting you know, long term, she doesnt think she can go the distance...with you!

^^^This 100%^^^

Though ignore her nonsense if you want to fvck her and let her know it. Don't get involved nor play games with the chick. Pump and dump or if not just dump. Seriously.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As said, this is not a sh1t test, this is a warning. Once some people have learned a bit of Game, they see everything a woman says as a sh1t test (this topic has been brought up before at SS) and would ignore blatant red flags just to get their d1cks in.

This is one of the occasions that don't call for a witty response. It calls for good listening & comprehension skill and the big DJ move: the Walk Away.

Last time I heard that line, I was a few months late in actually believing the truth in it, and had that woman (a HPD) involved in my life a few months too long. Since then, I always take the woman seriously when she disqualifies herself in such a grand manner.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So we really have no idea what it means since some say she's getting obsessive over you out of worry you're more valuable than her and the rest say she's bullsh1tting and you need to bail.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are not mutually exclusive.

I'm saying she's getting obsessive, he is a lot more valuable than her and she knows it, she's nastier and worse than he can imagine, she's giving him a warning and he needs to bail.

timmylivingalie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
Ive had the "you're to good" for me line a couple of times, of course, it doesnt mean anything of the sort...or does it?
I dotn actually think it is a sh!t test, I think its more of a warning, when she says this, she is making a statement within a statement.
my take on it is, "Ive slept around, done some real dirty sh!t, been done by all kinds of douchbags and treated accordingly", also, it her transmitting that she thinks you are a "nice guy" = too good.

therefore I see it as a warning that although not revealing her past explicitly, she is doing so subtley and also letting you know, long term, she doesnt think she can go the distance...with you!
I had that to happen to me in my teen years.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You're too good for me."

"Yeah, I am pretty awesome." :slaps her ass and pulls her in for a kiss:

Remember guys, there's three general ways to deal with a sh!t test:

- Agree & amplify (to absurdity)
- Change the subject
- Ignore her statement

My statement and actions are a combination of of agree & amplify with chaning the subject, which serves to ignore the actual statement and moves things past it without it becoming a topic of discussion.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did exactly as you described, Nutz, when my HPD girl said those very words to me. And with that effort, I gamed my way into 3 extra months of hell, plus nearly a year trying to get out of her reach after we broke up.

Some women are not worth running Game on.

origin138

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard this before from a handful of women and it has always been the end.

It's just good old fashioned wordsmithing of the old phrase "it's not you, it's me".

If I were to hear this again, I would begin creating an exit plan as was suggested earlier, and play it very cool while maintaining distance and just fade out. Be less available, be brief, and eventually be gone.

If you're spinning multiple plates, this shouldn't be too difficult. If you're stuck on one, it will be harder. The worst thing you can do, aside from not having other prospects, is read into what she's saying and engage her on it.

This is one of those situations where pigheaded male behavior is very effective.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
So we really have no idea what it means since some say she's getting obsessive over you out of worry you're more valuable than her and the rest say she's bullsh1tting and you need to bail.
Mr. Ruckus- yes its confusing.....but consider the subject matter we are dealing with here. You just can't make clear concise perfect sense when dealing with women.

Everything that has been posted is very correct. The guys that have decoded what "you're too good for me" really means are sharing what they learned from personal experience. Everyones experience will be different depending on the scenario.

I'm here to say I've heard that "you're too good for me" line so many damn times and its meant something a little different from each woman. But you can pretty much conclude the next time you hear that line it may mean one or all of the following:

1. I see you as a better person than me and I will never measure up to your standards.
2. I'm interested in someone else.
3. I don't see us as a match long term.
4. I'm really a crazy bipolar nutjob and I can't keep supressing this any longer. You are about to see me for who I really am and I know you won't like it.

Regardless of what it exactly means for your situation, the end result is the same. You need to end things and you will probably have to be the one who does the dirty work.

There will be little clues or changes on or around the time you hear the "you're too good for me" statement. For instance a girl that typically wants to spend every minute with you starts suggesting that you hang out with your guy friends is one who's interest is waning. If you haven't heard the "you're too good", you soon will. Put some thought into that when trying to make sense of it all.

Women aren't strong enough to come out and say "hey, I'm not happy here. You are a good person, but things aren't working out and I think we should end it".
If you don't decode their stupid subtle clues then they'll crank up the knob on the irrational drama generator and try and drive you away. And it will all be rationalized perfectly in her pea brain as to why it wasn't her fault and you were the bad guy.

Last edited:

DonJuan_DeRosco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good discussion guys, though I should clear up that this hasn't happened to me other than once when an ex said it around 5 years ago. :) Several replies seem to be geared to me facing this situation, I'm not. ;)

I notice Rollo's answer is different to most of the others. It seems that this phrase can mean a few things but generally the answer is to bail regardless.

:)

jasedm1

Don Juan
Reaction score
As a newbie to this forum, but not to women, let me add my 2 cents here.

I've learned women, actually people in general, are always revealing themselves in subtle ways. We almost can't help it. When a woman I like starts deprecating herself- not in a flirty, fun way, but in a semi-serious fashion I LISTEN.

It really doesn't matter what she means or why she says it, the fact is she is actually telling you the truth. Lets say she is screwing some loser, or still not over her ex. She is aware that you ARE better than the loser, better than her ex, better than what she is currently choosing for herself and knows it. She is now expressing it because of her internal cognitive dissonance.

When a woman gives me a line like that I've made it an automatic response to say this "thanks for the warning, what a shame" and I start shutting it down and moving on.

Keep in mind, its not unusual for almost everybody to air things about themselves that are faults. We all do it to some extent. But when its directly aimed at YOU, when the flaw is revealed in relation to you, its a warning shot across the bow. Duck!

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, i got all of these lines from my Ex.

1. I don't deserve you.
2. Please don't ever leave me.
3. Your too good for me.
4. It's not you, it's me
6. Your the best thing that has ever happened to me.
7. I want you to know, i would never hurt you.
8. I cant imagine my life without you
9. I have made mistakes in the past
10. I love you but I'm not in love with you anymore.

Yeah, she dumped my ass. lol

Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
^^^

What She Said: "You're too good for me."
Translation: blah blah blah blah

What she said: "I have a boyfriend."

What she said: "I'm out with my friends."

What she said: "I'm waiting for somebody"

Whatever she says, just say, "cool," and keep on going.

Ignore her surface structure. It's irrelevant. She's expecting you to bite like everybody else. Don't. After it's clear you aren't going to bite, she'll give up and forget whatever it is she just said.

Girls want a guy who'll take control. If you buy into her frame, buy into the surface structure of her communication, you aren't taking control. You are entering into her world, and trying to get her approval. You are following her like every other chump out there.

Girls' frames aren't that strong. But then again, neither are most guys'.

Watch her body language, facial expressions, tone of voice, diameter of her pupils, and her receptiveness to slight kino. Maybe pay attention to her actual words once in a while for reference, but don't put too much weight in them.

Ignore everything else, like FLASHPOINT said.
This is exactly how I feel. We spend so much time worrying about what women say but women are illogical creatures and we all know this. All we need to do is swoop in and change the frame and guide them to the right direction.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a girl tell me i'm high maintenence (i boned her but ultimately she rejected me), i don't know if that falls a long similar lines of this topic or is something totally different.

DPistol

Reaction score
HBK said:
Yes, i got all of these lines from my Ex.

1. I don't deserve you.
2. Please don't ever leave me.
3. Your too good for me.
4. It's not you, it's me
6. Your the best thing that has ever happened to me.
7. I want you to know, i would never hurt you.
8. I cant imagine my life without you
9. I have made mistakes in the past
10. I love you but I'm not in love with you anymore.

Yeah, she dumped my ass. lol
My ex of 6 months did the same thing to me also. As the weeks goes by, she started to slip and I knew the end was near so I bounced. Not even a month later she found herself another replacement boyfriend.

purple haze

Don Juan
Reaction score
High interest level: "We're perfect for each other."

Low interest level: "You're too good for me."

Arising Phoenix

Reaction score
Hey my fellow DJ's and budding DJ's. I just had a question for you all. What if she states that "she is not good enough for you", would you consider that to be the same form of expression?