Yet another boot camp diary (YABCD)

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
week ? day ?

doing far too many hours at work.. need to try and concentrate, but if I'm seen to be slacking off I'll be sacked, anyway.. still making an effort here and there,

did something that would have been very tricky a few months ago, a solo (no wingman) approach to a group of 4 girls. Led to a major missed opportunity http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41101 things are looking up though, clearly some women truly think I am sex on legs!

Wannabe_DonJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
mate, how is it going? You still working the pub, or now at HMV? I was well interested to read your posts as I'm in England as well.

I've had little success, there was a girl I met on the bus a few weeks ago, got her digits, tried calling Sunday night, then again Tuesday night as per the Bible, but no pickup of the mobile phone. Wierd. I'm pretty sure it was a genuine number.

Anyway, do you do the cold approaches when passing in the street? I find it hard to say "Hi" here. Noone in this country says "Hi". And when you do, it does not sound as confident as the American "Hi".

Keep going on that pub job though, that looks like a great way to meet women, especially as it is such an outgoing place. Americans, for those of you who don't know, much of British culture revolves around alcohol and pubs, more than you might believe - these are the places where we come out of our shells!

NiceGuy, maybe its not allowed, but you could have a swig of alcohol to give you that "Dutch courage"!

Anyway, what's your latest with the ladies?

Laterz

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
still going, still working at the pub.. good job getting digits with that girl.. I've yet to do a successful # close.. not that I know anything but I'd apply the 3 strikes rule, try one more time to reach her, then leave it..

anyway, the pubs not as good a way to meet women as you might think (I am often so busy there is no time to flirt or chat properly, plus most of the girls are there with guys) but its still pretty good.. and I'm slowly becoming more cheeky to the ladies too.. certainly its a great way to improve your confidence and level of outgoingness..

ladies wise aside from the girl in the club that I stupidly gave the brush off... theres not been alot happening, I am getting on well with one of the girls at work, and I keep meaning to ask her out, but I keep bottling it, I'm using the fact we dont share much free time as an excuse..

I'm also facing another major upheaval in my life.. I've been offered a pretty swish job working with a friend of mine for a small hedge fund in london.. its not doing what I particularly want to do for the rest of my life (the job is IT stuff mainly, but I havent a clue what I actually want to do, I dont think its a deskjob) and I think I probably would enjoy working in the pub more.. but the amount of money involved is LARGE and I need to save at the moment, plus its going to look good on my CV, and seeing as its been offered to me on a silver platter it seems stupid to turn it down, especially seeing as I can come back to the pub if things dont work out.. also London is a big place with lots going on and plenty of pretty ladies there.. the downside, is it means I have to move again.. plus I only have 1 or 2 close friends in london, and the firm I'm working for is small, about 15 people all of whom are in their late 20s or older and most of whom seem to be settled with families... the final thing is I'm finally starting to feel settled in my new job in the pub, and am making loads of new friends plus meeting plenty of hot chicks, it seems a shame to leave it behind..

now, the last thing going on, a few weeks ago I finally felt like I'd got over my 1-itis chick, (ie I'd stopped thinking about her and was thinking more about other chicks) so I tried to give her a call, got no answer, tried again a week later, no answer again, so I sent her an email, nothing heavy in it, just a bit about what I'd been up to and questions about what she'd been doing. I've had no reply and that was just over 2 weeks ago. Now, I'm just plain angry with myself for letting myself fall for such a selfish b*tch and her for just cutting me out of her life all of a sudden.. the annoying thing is I'll be forced to see her again in about a months time for a graduation ceremony.. if it wasnt for that I'd probably send her an email right now telling her what I thought of her but I guess that can wait.. my gut feeling is she'll try and fob me off with some pathetic excuses about why she's not been in contact when I see her, I must resist and not let myself be taken in by it all.. its annoying, if she'd just sent me a friendly email back (ie we'd stayed friends as we agreed) I could have carried on happily and properly moved on to these other girls, as it is I keep finding myself dipping into spells of anger mainly that I wasted so much emotional energy on such a selfish self centered person who doesnt value her friends, and I'm wondering what I'll say to her when I see her and what (if anything) I write in an email letting her know what a cow she really is..

and now I realise I've waffled on for far too long.. must remember, focus on the future.. therefore I'm going to try and ask cat out (girl at the pub) tommorow, even though I may only be around for another week or two.

Wannabe_DonJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright mate. As for the London thing, well I'm in London. Yes, there are loads of fit birds here, international, all over the world etc. but its very cliquey here, everyone does their own thing. There are nice Eastern European, African, European, all sorts of birds here but unless you're good at street pickups you just won't meet them.

The money could be good though and remember, bling bling is half the attraction for women in my opinion. The pub work will probably be better in the short term for developing your DJing, but long term the move might do you some good? Only you can make the decision.

Have you already made the decision? Can you delay it for a few months? Only do it if you want to do it - not if it "sounds" good.

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oh boy oh boy oh boy...

my internet access here at home is sh*t so I'll have to keep this brief..

sad to report, still not getting any..

got over one-itis at just before xmas, then the chick that I'd been on a couple fo dates with stopped returning my calls, so I nexted her, but now the one-itis is back again, not every day, just now and then she pops unwanted into my thoughts, need another chick so I can banish her. Have been good though, no communication for over 2 months.

things have been getting interesting... living with 2 chicks, 1 quiet 27 year old, and one absoloutely nuts 34 year old american.. (I'm a youthful 23)

Missed a couple of prime opportunities mainly due to not thinking at all, (ie not noticing till too late) or thinking too much and choking..

In particular, I wish I was older... no, hang on, what I mean is I wish my crazy faltmates friends weere younger, some of them are amazing, but, the fact that they are mostly at LEAST 10 years older than me means I don't have the skills to pull it off.. even so, I've been told "I'm a real cutie" and then " I'm too old for you".., think she was just mothering me really..

and also, one night while absoloutely hammered I was flirting with one of them for ages, she repeated more than once that she normally goes "for guys who are 30-40, but I do make exceptions" followed by stroking my forearm, I just didn't know how to follow that up.. but clearly I'm a mug for still not getting any sex..

I need some new clothes, Londons a very different place, sadly I think the chicks have higher standards,

right phone bill rising signing off, will update properly soon.

need to persuade one of my mates to be a decent wingman, going out with girls (my flatmates) is allright, but I perform better when I've got a mate egging me on.