Women won`t bring you happiness

SHakuhachi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I`ve just started reading Strauss` "The Game" and there was a sentence in the book that caught my attention:

"That night, I called Mystery in Toronto, where he was living with his
parents, his two nieces, his sister, and her husband."
Mystery, the king of sarging is actually living with his parents! A guy who is old enough to have his own family is living with his parents!

Is this the kind of people you look up to?

As Mystery himself has proven, women can give you nothing but sexual satisfaction. The guy tried to commit suicide at one point! Is that real happiness?

Real happiness comes with knowledge and understanding. Not women. You should dedicate your life to an honest goal, like making beautiful music, helping the poor or be in total control over your thought and emotions at any time.

As long as you have a goal that not only benefits you, but benefits the people surrounding you, you will hopefully meet loads of people and chicks of course.

But most important of all, you will probably feel real happiness.

Hapiness is not geting laid with a different sl*t every night, Mystery is the living proof of my case.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
If you seek nothing, but sexual satisfaction from women that is all you will receive. Maybe if we change what we want/ demand of women they will change. I get everything that I want from people: laughter, joy, friendship, leadership, and comfort.

All of those PUA guys are AFC's who fail at relationships and real life. ANYONE can get sex (even you), but very few of them know how to find joy in life.

SM

-living in the kingdom!!!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never depend on others to give you things which you should provide to yourself.

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who are you to say the Mystery wasn't happy getting women and living with his parents. Maybe that was HIS goal.

SHakuhachi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you`re right SamMalone.

Thats probably way he tried to commit suicide too....because he was happy...

Leonardo

Reaction score
Women are just that women, they are not from venus, they are not gods. Behind the makeup and all that, they are just human beings, they bring with them good and bad. They don't fulfill your life, only you can do that. Like Francisco d'Anconia "Never depend on others to give you things which you should provide to yourself." Women should just be a part of your life, not the goal.

Krang!

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't see the conflict. I like meeting women as I do meeting people in general - I'm a sexual being and if I'm attracted to a woman I want her and me to connect. In the same way that if I meet an interesting person without there being a sexual attraction I would like us to be friends. It's not about picking up as many girls as possible - it's about being all I can be in every aspect of life. I want to be sucessfull in school, I want to get the job I like, I want to be a good friend and a good person to the people around me and I don't want to feel afraid of anything or intimidated around anyone. I love humans, and I love women - they are fascinating beautifull creatures and when I meet someone who attracts me physically and mentally I don't want to be the guy who goes home and jerks off dreaming to be with her one day and finally muster the courage to buy her some flowers and chocolate only to be LJBF'ed while some guy not worth half of me gets to bang her.
Hell no - I'm squeezing every drop I can out of life this one chance that I have - it's not about keeping records over success with women - it's a mental state, an attitude towards ALL challenges and trials in life. It's just as much being able to stand up and speak before a large group of people without getting nervous or uncomfortable, it's about being comfortable in every situation secure in who I am and what I can accomplish - without letting any fears make me settle for a half of what I could get if I have the balls to get it. Again, it's about being all I can be in every aspect of life...

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Never depend on others to give you things which you should provide to yourself.
This is true, but we have to always keep in mind that humans are social animals, and most attempts to rid ourselves of the need for a social support group is silly. We shouldn't depend on others for happiness, but it is quite natural for people to find joy in the company of friendly people.

I get alot of energy from just being around people, and I love chatted up friends and strangers....

Bro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post gentlemen!

Not only women, but in material items as well.

Ive seen men who have been married for a very long time, has a high paying job, children, nice home, nice car. etc. and still be unhappy. Men are not living their passion and purpose in life.

Live your dream

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SELF-MASTERY said:
This is true, but we have to always keep in mind that humans are social animals, and most attempts to rid ourselves of the need for a social support group is silly. We shouldn't depend on others for happiness, but it is quite natural for people to find joy in the company of friendly people.

I get alot of energy from just being around people, and I love chatted up friends and strangers....
I wholeheartedly agree aboub the importance for being social but looking for them to make you happy is madness. It's not fair to put such a weight on someone.

Here's a question for everyone, when you come across a woman who says that she wants a man to make her happy, how high do you jump out of your shoes or how fast do you run in the other direction?

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SHakuhachi said:
Yeah, you`re right SamMalone.

Thats probably way he tried to commit suicide too....because he was happy...
I must have missed that part. But the point stand anyways. Saying "Women won't make you happy" just because it doesn't make YOU happy doesn't make sense. It's possible for someone to be a huge bum in life but be able to seduce women and still be happy, if that's what he wants.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it is absolutely true that women and sex are not the end all, be all of existence. and TOO MUCH FOCUS on this dj stuff will hamper you because it prevents you from studying in your field of work or improving other aspects of your life.

but i can't help but feel that the sentiment is somewhat off-topic. it's like we're sitting in calculus class talking about how calculus won't solve all of our problems and make us happy.

kinda like all the churchies telling you that a life of sin will bring you to a bad end... well, you know what? let me get my FILL of all the bad stuff you're preachin' against, let me just get bloated on fvcking hot chicks 24/7... and then i'll let you know.

this is an area that is truly better to get really good at and then find out for yourself.

delta

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happiness it not something physical, happiness comes from with in. If you feel like life is good, but you want a girlfreind, then getting one may bring you hapiness as they fill the gap in your life. You can be happy with out them if you do not desire them.

Think of women as part of your life, if oyu have evrything else, then they may be the last peice needed for you to be happy, but if you are missing other parts, you will still not be happy.

Reaction score
I've borrowed this book from Strauss from the library and have to read it within 7 days (where I'll be returning it after). As reviews are correct, it's entertaining to read, and some of the openers seem to be cool.

But going with this thread, what's remarkable is the virgin student complained about his first sex experience saying:
-) He felt the same before as he did after he lost his virgnity.
-) He felt 'dirty and used'.
-) He didn't bother keeping the number of the girl he slept with -- woman called for a cab five minutes after he had sex with her to take him home and get rid of him.

Well - sure, losing your virginity on some girl sounds nice, but based on *that* experience, it doesn't sound very cool at all.

I've also considered another post of someone on here that says, they may bed 10 woman in a year, but they'll end up wanting to bed double that amount the following year - and feel sick after the deed is done and like, not like the woman anymore.

So, I would have to partially agree with this thread, if you are just out to look for a quickie with some random broad to lose V, or goal is just to have sex with women, then, I haven't heard any good stories in those contexts. It all ends up like an 'ego-accomplishment' and nothing more when the girl usually disgusts you when you are finished with the sex. Yup, I looked at that thread too.

But, I will say, that having nice women in your life, who can like you for who you are, are have nice spirits inside of them, makes me happy within my life being around them, k/f close ideas aside.

niceguydying

Don Juan
Reaction score
For those that read the book "The Game" will know that Mystery enjoyed sarging, but he ultimately wanted happiness. He had this thing about wanting a threesome w/ his girlfriend which kind of messed him up. What he really deisred was to be a magician more than anything else, but seemed afraid of becoming what he so desired. I say to you... Never be afraid of what you desire!!!

Reaction score
I'm not mandated to preach here, but to learn about women and how to attract them, but I will say the following;

There comes a point when the 'spiritual side' has to be addressed, and unfortunately, sarging, or anything relating to women wont 'fill that void' so to speak, and will just have the effect of salt-water, making you more thirsty upon consumption.

Mystery wanted to kill himself, and went crazy, not because he didn't fulfill his dreams, it's the result of turning to the wrong lifestyle to fill a spiritual void that's apart from God. There is nothing in it. So, you have your lifestyles, how many people can say that they are really happy at the end of the day, or are you just slaves to an illusion of happiness?

Reaction score
Yup, I'm reading Neil Strauss' book, and looking at the main characters:

The real winner on here seems to be 'Sweater' the Australian man who improved his game, meet someone and engaged her. I think he has it right on - what makes depth in anything is commitment.

Dustin - an original natural seducer had convered to Judiasm religion, because at the end of the day, women didn't fill his void, and he turned to religion to do just that.

Strauss - points out, that after getting his act together game wise - he still has regrets of not having children. Ironically, it would appear that the girls he was playing weren't either relationship material, or that he cant settle down with one girl.

Is 'Sweater' the most happiest guy on this book, because he's meet his one true love and decided to settle down. He was also a player, but seem to have judgement the other guys lacked.

There is a paradoxical effect when too successful with women, almost an opposite problem with oneitis, you see women as gullible, easy to manipulate, disposable and expendible and their value floors once you get successful. Hence, you cant be a happy person if you end up viewing women like that - some further thoughts from the 'Game'.

BingoBango

Don Juan
Reaction score
u stupid f*cks at least finish the book first.

we'll get what we desire most.

Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
Mystery wanted to kill himself, and went crazy, not because he didn't fulfill his dreams, it's the result of turning to the wrong lifestyle to fill a spiritual void that's apart from God. There is nothing in it. So, you have your lifestyles, how many people can say that they are really happy at the end of the day, or are you just slaves to an illusion of happiness?
Look, no matter how hard a person tries to be "happy", you have to understand that much of our situation in life has to do with:

our financial situation
how handsome or confident "god" made us to be
where we live, our health, and many, many more things.

I'm sorry, but when people say "you make the choice" to be happy, I mean, try telling that to someone who has cancer. It just isn't true.