Witnessed a guy trying an indirect pickup at drugstore

Teej

Don Juan
Reaction score
I went and bought a couple of items and as I was leaving I noticed the guy after me talking to the cashier.
"So I just saw a friend and she didn't say "Hi" and I'm almost positive she saw me and I'm trying to figure out what to do."
She seems pretty unresponsive so the guy turns on the ****y/funny with "So this is where you tell me what you would do in my situation" or something like that.
Cashier starts saying something about how that doesn't happen with her since she's the cashier and she doesn't know what to tell him or something along those lines, she seemed to avoid giving him an answer and maneuvered around it. It would've been really awkward for me to stick around any longer so I missed the rest of it.
ANYWAY, I just realized how much of a pain in the ass it would be to deal with guys like this as a cashier and how $hitty a technique this is. It was totally lame to witness and the first thought that would've come to mind if I was her would've been "Gimme' a f'n break buddy, grab your items and leave me alone."

a. The approach seemed week/creepy and cheesy as hell because he hid his intentions by asking an innocent question. I'm sure she would rather have a compliment and be asked for her number or "What time do you get off work?" So much more genuine and ballsy. As soon as you open your mouth to say anything other than the usual trivialties, she knows what you're after, so beating around the bush only makes you look weak.
b. The question itself shows a weak mindset. "Oh gosh, should I say hi to her or should I not, should I hide behind the tampon isle, should I...?" Be a man and figure it out yourself wimp!

Witnessing this in person made me realize that this indirect method is very poor. Just my opinion but I thought it might be a worthwhile contribution.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I agree with you that such methods are kinda lame, most guys get their start in this game with canned routines, opinion openers etc. As they develop their game and realize that a lot of women are aware of such tricks now adays they change their style. Most guys starting out in the game use such tactics because it gives them confidence since they wouldn't know what else to say to women since they got little or no experience with them.

Don't be a hater, instead in your mind cheer for a brother trying to get himself a girl.

Teej

Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
While I agree with you that such methods are kinda lame, most guys get their start in this game with canned routines, opinion openers etc. As they develop their game and realize that a lot of women are aware of such tricks now adays they change their style. Most guys starting out in the game use such tactics because it gives them confidence since they wouldn't know what else to say to women since they got little or no experience with them.

Don't be a hater, instead in your mind cheer for a brother trying to get himself a girl.
Not being a "hater," I'm on his team so to speak, merely evaluating the attempt. I don't think he's a loser for trying or anything like that, just pointing out that it was very poor from where I was standing. I might have tried what he did myself, and I bet it wouldn't have occurred to me how weak it came across as it did watching it so I thought it was valuable.

coffin

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok i work at rite aid (first job) and this girl i work with gets hit on all the time so since im such a nice guy and everything she asked me to say she is my girl and to back off before we have any problems. its kinda is retarded but eh shes a friend.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why didnt you game her? At least he tried. Lame technique, but you gotta give him something for trying. He'll figure it out soon enough.

Oh, and Coffin; what kind of game have you witnessed dudes running on that girl? anything you think is good?

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cr1msonKing said:
How would you have felt if she responded positively?

Would his game be considered weak?
If the girl responded positively, there would be nothing to post. duh.

In my DUI class, I was bored, so I decided to start gaming this young hottie in front of everyone. I could tell which guys were the ones who actually get laid a lot because they were paying strict attention to our interaction and mentally taking notes on what I was saying and how she was responding. Needless to say, I fvcked that chic 2 days later.

I think that there is nothing more painful that watching someone who totally sucks at pick up get blown out by a hot girl. You feel like you should step in and offer him guidance or something because you are just counting down the seconds until she disses the crap out of him. Unfortunately, you can't do that and you have to just let the guy go down in flames.

Connor99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everybody who flirts and hits on girls has a bunch of horror stories of rejection and failed attempts

It's wont be a smooth ride everytime you approach a girl

The guys who get rejected the most are the same guys who get the most tail

when you swing for the fences you are bound to strike out from time to time...But it's damn sweet when you connect

Who cares if he failed or looked lame....atleast he tried and wont go home wishing he said something

Reaction score
it all comes down to his looks and appearance.

I gaurantee you 100% that the cashier did not think this guy was even cute.

If she thought he was hot, then he could have picked her up no matter what came out of his mouth.

trust me, been there, done that

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no PUA, but I'm trying to figure out what was so wrong with his approach? He took a real life situation they could potentially relate to and tried to turn it into a conversation. Doesn't sound bad to me.

Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean it was a bad approach. That's being results oriented. Was he a good looking guy or unattractive? Was the way he said his indirect line very weak or was it confident? Just basing off the words alone I don't think he did a bad job at all but just struck out this time.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half the sh*t everyone talks on this site doesnt translate to their real lives...

worship

Banned
Reaction score
Unless I misinterpreted your post, it seems that you are putting this guy down for approaching. Why? Are you bitter that you weren't the one who had the balls to approach? :s

And why would it be 'a pain in the ass' for a girl to be hit on? Even though he 'sucked' she probably loved the attention.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
The Logical Player said:
it all comes down to his looks and appearance.I gaurantee you 100% that the cashier did not think this guy was even cute.

If she thought he was hot, then he could have picked her up no matter what came out of his mouth.

trust me, been there, done that
I totally agree with you there. Guys with the right looks and appearance say the worst and lamest stuff all the time and get away with it. But what was wrong with this guy's approach besides probably his delivery and his appearance was he DLV'd himself. As a general rule you would never want to tell a girl you just appraoched someone ignored you. Plus asking for her opinion like that kind seems like he doesn't have any friends he can ask or confide in. Basically it was poorly done indirect. There a lot of ways to be indirect but this guy's way of going about it was about the worst.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
usually i'd give advice like an average person but this is different. cashier ladies... somebody tell me the secret to those because this gas station attendent is a little bit interested in me (told me the time she got off work) she rejected my number close hard and now i'm just left with a stalkerish attempt at getting her (at least i know where she works). damn, i should have known being curious where her house is, even after her bringing it up, is seen as too forward.

the c&f doesn't work all the time. the pre-canned answers to "DHV" doesn't work all the time....or so it seems. c&F is an attitude. a spontaneous and open attitude can also be just as effective. you can even skip every step you learned in your tv shows and hardcover books and successfully seduce a woman on your own.

anyway, you will find what works for you. I'm not trying to say what you learn is B.S. a lot of it is great stuff. but sometimes i wish i unlearned all the things I read and return to my innocent ways of pick up shots. but what is done is done. now with all this popular knowledge, even theories, have I done what it takes to be a better man?

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Half the sh*t everyone talks on this site doesnt translate to their real lives...

Found this in another thread....

oakraiderz2 said:
You dont get it. I, (probably Alle Gory too) dont need to lie because i can get just about ANY girl without doing so.

Guess your right....lol.

I dont know why you didnt wait outside and ask if he wanted to learn or wanted some advice for the next time....that' what I would have done anyways.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
Found this in another thread....

Guess your right....lol.

I dont know why you didnt wait outside and ask if he wanted to learn or wanted some advice for the next time....that' what I would have done anyways.
How is that a bs? Notice how i said just about any girl. Its actually true. Fail.

Daddy The Pimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Logical Player said:
prove me wrong
looks , money , height .. are all self limiting faggotry.
They might help in some cases but most of the time , they have 0% relevance.

If you have looks and money you might be more confident and this is the reason why girls are drawn to you. So its about your confidence. And if you can have confidence without looks , they will be attracted to you .

Its all in human nature. If someone acts superior to you , you percieve him as superior. Same with girls. Act like a cool bad ass attractive guy and they will treat you like one. And here , im not just talking sh1t , im saying things that i've seen and studied.

I've seen guys with money and looks but they are total chodes that cant attract a girl than fall in love with a hb5 and marry her. Just because she choose them. So , at the end , its not about money or looks or anything. They are all irrelevant. IRRELEVANT.

I RR E L E V A N T.

Its all about your value , confidence and how you treat them.

Capisce?

PS:If you were a real deal , you would know what it takes to get any womens panties wet and not limit yourself and others with this "looks" faggotry

PSS:

ALMOST FORGOT TO SAY.

WOMEN ARE ATTRACTED TO MEN.
PENIS , DICK , COCK , CROTCH.

If you are men enough (even ugly) she will be very attracted to you. But the problem is that most of the guys (even alphas) change around womens. They become more pvssy than the women. If they would be a real MEN , they would have the options to choose.

Reaction score
first impression on cold approach = LOOKS first, everything else later

if looks no good, then you won't get a chance to show off everything else

that is what you PUA nerds fail to realize.

And the better she thinks you look, the more open she will be to getting to know you

this is 100% truth for COLD APPROACHES ONLY