Why Online Dating(OLD) Rocks

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel I can sometimes just look at a girl and know whether she's likely be into me
Really? What do you do when you feel that way? Do you cold approach her right away? Do you feel a connection with her, like she's noticing you? How do you approach women that you know will likely be into you.

Do you know how much time that can save if you just deal with women who like you?

Reaction score
How do you handle the hopeless romantic college graduate with hundreds of options?
You sell them a dream lol. These hopeless romantics are trying to find a Disney Chad to sweep their feet. On OLD, the PUA game/text games do not work on women because most of these women have been played by some Chad or some American Psycho sociopath previously.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Story of my fvcking life. I am attracted to plain jane White girls, middle eastern & Asian girls, and cute Hispanic girls with glasses, but I don't attract them lol.
Can you at least pay for it? I mean if you have an extreme fetish or attraction for a certain type of woman you can't attract and are attracting the types you are so-so over, then you must have thought about that.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really? What do you do when you feel that way?
Approach, depending on how horny I am. Don't foget that this girl is very likely to be one of them 'niche' girls who isn't necessarily what I'm looking for
Do you cold approach her right away?
Sometimes
Do you feel a connection with her, like she's noticing you?
Sometimes. But it's also like I can pick up on her general look and mannerisms maybe. Maybe i can sense a similarity between her and girls in the past who have made it easier for me. It's not fool proof of course
How do you approach women that you know will likely be into you
Same as every other girl more or less. I tend to be slightly indirect and just start chatting and asking her some questions about herself and stuff and see if she contributes and plays the game or not. I've dropped 90% of stuff i've 'learnt', tbh.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just start chatting and asking her some questions about herself and stuff and see if she contributes and plays the game or not. I've dropped 90% of stuff i've 'learnt', tbh.
What type of questions to you ask about herself?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What type of questions to you ask about herself?
Now you enter the " join my patreon and get exclusive access to 50 text messages that will GUARANTEE.." territory.

You gotta be flexible with these interactions. There is no 1 size fits all solution.

Schwing

Banned
Reaction score
As others in the past pointed out, when a new site is made they're a lot better because after awhile they get stale.

Tinder before Match LLC bought them, and when it first came out it was good.

Facebook dating for the first 18 months was very good too. Lots of decent looking women, and lacked fake profiles, and easy to get replies from hot women and numbers. Now Facebook dating has become stale. A lot of fatties and fake profiles/scammers on there now. When a app is brand new like FB dating there is less competition too.

We need a new dating app to come along. For example I'm really conservative. I joined a couple of those conservative dating sites. Not many women close to me and most of the girls on those right wing apps were fat and ugly.

For example I like bass fishing and guns. Many of the women into that are white trashy looking and fat.

Why is it hard to find women who love guns and bass fishing? They like that travel BS.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As others in the past pointed out, when a new site is made they're a lot better because after awhile they get stale.

This happens because of the 5 Phases Model of Online Dating.....

It took Match.com about 15-17 years to move through the five phases. It took Tinder only 5-7 years. Tinder is in Phase 5 now. Bumble and Hinge are likely in Phase 4. If you do tech-based dating, you need to get it in Phase 2-3.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Facebook dating for the first 18 months was very good too. Lots of decent looking women, and lacked fake profiles, and easy to get replies from hot women and numbers. Now Facebook dating has become stale. A lot of fatties and fake profiles/scammers on there now. When a app is brand new like FB dating there is less competition too.

We need a new dating app to come along. For example I'm really conservative. I joined a couple of those conservative dating sites. Not many women close to me and most of the girls on those right wing apps were fat and ugly.

For example I like bass fishing and guns. Many of the women into that are white trashy looking and fat.

Why is it hard to find women who love guns and bass fishing? They like that travel BS.
There's new apps coming out all the time. I'm at the point where I'm about to binge try a bunch of small ones. I'm not sure what else can be done besides catching one that's up and coming.

This happens because of the 5 Phases Model of Online Dating.....

It took Match.com about 15-17 years to move through the five phases. It took Tinder only 5-7 years.
That was before smartphones were used as weapons of mass chaos lol. With as jaded as the average OLD user is these days, the lifecycle might be shortened further.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Haha I recently came across a post on Redot similar to this one, and a girl response was something like, " it sound you need a BF instead of a gf". Nah I am just trolling you bro.

But seriously tho, this sounds like you prefer a tomboy over a girly girl.girly girls like the beach (hence the travel),and some exotic, anonymous D. Women you described , you might find them doing these activities. Or by being in a (bar)scene where they hang out. But the best ones probably be taking already.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was before smartphones were used as weapons of mass chaos lol. With as jaded as the average OLD user is these days, the lifecycle might be shortened further.
Yes, it took Match 15-17 years to move through the 5 phases because it was launched well before the smartphone. Tinder, Bumble, Hinge all moved to Phase 4-5 within 5-7 years.

Right now, tech-based dating is ripe for disruption.

Tinder was invented while Match, PlentyofFish and OkCupid were around late Phase 3 or early Phase 4.

Let's look at where every major app or website is right now.

Match: Phase 5
OkCupid: Phase 5
PlentyofFish: Phase 5
Coffee Meets Bagel: Phase 5, though that was always a bit nichey
Tinder: Phase 5
Bumble: Phase 4
Hinge: Phase 4

Instagram might still be in the later stages of Phase 3, but you could make a case Instagram is entering Phase 4.

Facebook as a whole would be in Phase 5. In the early days of Facebook, you could DM a chick and get a date. Same with MySpace. When I just got out of college in 2005 and moved to a new city, I got some dates on MySpace through random messaging.

For example I'm really conservative. I joined a couple of those conservative dating sites. Not many women close to me and most of the girls on those right wing apps were fat and ugly.

Most single women aren't conservative. Never married, childless women between 25-40 are typically liberal and mostly in larger metros in the US.

Most conservative women are married or 50+ widows/divorcees.

Liberal women are into travel to look good on Instagram. Maybe older liberal women do it to look good on Facebook.

Bass fishing isn't a female friendly hobby. I don't know too many attractive women into guns either.

Schwing

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it took Match 15-17 years to move through the 5 phases because it was launched well before the smartphone. Tinder, Bumble, Hinge all moved to Phase 4-5 within 5-7 years.

Right now, tech-based dating is ripe for disruption.

Tinder was invented while Match, PlentyofFish and OkCupid were around late Phase 3 or early Phase 4.

Let's look at where every major app or website is right now.

Match: Phase 5
OkCupid: Phase 5
PlentyofFish: Phase 5
Coffee Meets Bagel: Phase 5, though that was always a bit nichey
Tinder: Phase 5
Bumble: Phase 4
Hinge: Phase 4

Instagram might still be in the later stages of Phase 3, but you could make a case Instagram is entering Phase 4.

Facebook as a whole would be in Phase 5. In the early days of Facebook, you could DM a chick and get a date. Same with MySpace. When I just got out of college in 2005 and moved to a new city, I got some dates on MySpace through random messaging.

Most single women aren't conservative. Never married, childless women between 25-40 are typically liberal and mostly in larger metros in the US.

Most conservative women are married or 50+ widows/divorcees.

Liberal women are into travel to look good on Instagram. Maybe older liberal women do it to look good on Facebook.

Bass fishing isn't a female friendly hobby. I don't know too many attractive women into guns either.
Pretty much sums up the OLD sites/Apps.

I will disagree to an extent with Match website. Maybe depends on geography, but even with my crappy area and demographics BEFORE covid lockdown it wasn't in the phase 5. It was phase 3. back then there was still a number of decent looking women on there, and with effort you could still get dates and numbers after a few message. Now it's in stage 5. very few hotties on there.

They also neutered Match just like they did with Tinder. They took away features on Match.

Sure, there are new apps, but they're very obscure and never take off. The Upward App seems to grow, but it's too niche.

Facebook dating is a great example. I'd say FB dating is in phase 4 now, soon to be 5 as well. FB dating a great example. At first there was a ton of desirable women.

We need a new OLD site/app and I mean a heavier hitter one that can become mainstream. Everything is stale now.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you handle the hopeless romantic college graduate with hundreds of options?
You sell them a dream lol. These hopeless romantics are trying to find a Disney Chad to sweep their feet. On OLD, the PUA game/text games do not work on women because most of these women have been played by some Chad or some American Psycho sociopath previously.
One of my male friends "sold women on a dream" in the bars during the 2010s. He could do that due to being 6'4", White, a former NCAA athlete in a country club sport, and having a solid white collar job. That combination is dreamy for bougie, yuppie White women in their 20s. He would go to the bougie, yuppie White people bars to meet women. It mainly resulted in same night lays and casual sex, though he eventually got married and moved to the suburbs.

Here's the big problem with the social circle guys. Social circles eventually get pissed when you trade out women frequently. You can't expect to trade out women every 2 years over a 10 year period and have social circle be responsible for all your girlfriends. The social circle will help you 1-2 times with long term girlfriends. Beyond that, you're really pushing your luck with social circles.

This is why a lot of the social circle guys are beta males who eventually put a ring on it. These guys know that they'd be in for a brutal fight approaching strangers or swiping, so they stay in mediocre or subpar relationships until the woman gets fed up and dumps him (non-marital LTRs) or divorces him.
Yes this alone is why I refuse to date someone in a social circle. Your business will always be the group's business. Every guy in them has already screwed your girl or will screw your girl in a heartbeat if the moment came. I'm pro keep your gf away from your friends at all costs possible. Yes, throw her a few bones here and there but be upfront about how you don't like mixing your relationships with your friends.
This is good insight. With me and my male friends in Dallas, there were occasional women who were in the general social sphere, mainly co-workers of some of my male friends. Some co-ed sports league teammates of my male friends. My primary male friend group has been a mainly useless social circle for me. I did put in some efforts many years ago with the few women who came into the circle, but there was fierce male competition for those women. Also, in terms of looks, those women were not as attractive as women I've had sex with outside of my social circle.

I will disagree to an extent with Match website. Maybe depends on geography, but even with my crappy area and demographics BEFORE covid lockdown it wasn't in the phase 5. It was phase 3. back then there was still a number of decent looking women on there, and with effort you could still get dates and numbers after a few message. Now it's in stage 5. very few hotties on there.
Match has been in Phase 5 for a long time. It's a place older divorcees go to look to get re-married.

Schwing

Banned
Reaction score
One of my male friends "sold women on a dream" in the bars during the 2010s. He could do that due to being 6'4", White, a former NCAA athlete in a country club sport, and having a solid white collar job. That combination is dreamy for bougie, yuppie White women in their 20s. He would go to the bougie, yuppie White people bars to meet women. It mainly resulted in same night lays and casual sex, though he eventually got married and moved to the suburbs.

This is good insight. With me and my male friends in Dallas, there were occasional women who were in the general social sphere, mainly co-workers of some of my male friends. Some co-ed sports league teammates of my male friends. My primary male friend group has been a mainly useless social circle for me. I did put in some efforts many years ago with the few women who came into the circle, but there was fierce male competition for those women. Also, in terms of looks, those women were not as attractive as women I've had sex with outside of my social circle.

Match has been in Phase 5 for a long time. It's a place older divorcees go to look to get re-married.
I agree! Especially now. Well even now it's mostly post wall fatties, and tatted up with an occasional hot looking gold digger in the mix. As I said before Covid there was still some decent hot women on there. Even ones in their 20s and never married. Now usually on these sites if they're under 25 they're fat on Match.

I still have a match subscrption but I should cancel. All I see is what I posted above. Fatties, post wall gold diggers and very few decent women. I shouldn't be paying to see fat women.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
OLD is easy but the quality has always been subpar, it's like the Uber Eats if dating.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD is easy but the quality has always been subpar, it's like the Uber Eats if dating.
Uber Eats is better than swipe apps. You get something out of it. A lot of swipe app dates are a giant waste. Also, with the monumental amount of texting and swiping it takes to get a flaky date or a bang, it's not easy to get something out of it. It might be considered easy to sit at home in your underwear and swipe. It's an illusion.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Uber Eats is better than swipe apps. You get something out of it. A lot of swipe app dates are a giant waste. Also, with the monumental amount of texting and swiping it takes to get a flaky date or a bang, it's not easy to get something out of it. It might be considered easy to sit at home in your underwear and swipe. It's an illusion.
OLD is easy, just don't expect to meet women who look like Victoria secret models. We all have to lower our standards to succeed on OLD.

Reaction score
OLD is easy, just don't expect to meet women who look like Victoria secret models. We all have to lower our standards to succeed on OLD.
Most men in general aren’t dating Victoria secret models regardless lol