Why Life Isn't Fair.

[look]aRhino

Don Juan
Reaction score
I appreciate your enthusiasm A-Unit.

Good stuff, makes sense, and while I've been thinking that way myself lately, its always good to have someone reiterate and lay it out so cleanly.

Just remember "No Regrets". If you live by that, they'll be nothing for you to regret later, just satisfied memories.

Rhino

Ballistik

Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit, this is incredible, incredible stuff. You've done a great job here.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This made me realize why me and the gf fight a bit, your last addition in particular. I dedicate myself to continually improvement, which surely helps me fight off the blues at times since I'm continually making progress on things. She doesn't work on new things as much, although she works damn hard at two jobs. No wonder why she;'s a bit down.

This post A-Unit is also the type of great thing that SoSuave can still offer from time to time. It is way more than just about dating.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Feel the need to give this little gem a BUMP!

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is like a game of cards. Some of us may have a better hand to start with than someone else but it is the best PLAYER and not necessarily the best HAND that wins. Take what you have and use it to get what you need and just remember you can get anything in life if you just figure out what the cost is and be willing to pay that price in full.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read this post. I give it 5 *s

And I think I'll be saving it on my computer too.

This post and the 'T-Theory' post are really the only information you need from this site.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't learned anything here.

NHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is actually my first time looking outside of the ' anything else ' fourm here in weeks and then I come across this little gem.

I'm going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment, I feel as if others, like my family, who are digging themselves into a hole either through alcoholism, ignorance or just plain INACTION and I feel as if they have a ' If I go down, I'm taking you with me ' attitude!

Anyways, in the past few weeks, I've learnt a bit as well as getting BADLY burned because of my shyness, which has led to my broadening my horizons a bit, I've began to look into the world of investing somewhat, well, I did buy Rich Dad, Poor Dad but I don't think that counts so much but it is a start, doesn't make investing look so dangerous as the media might lead you. ( I'll have to research some Irish Finanical Law though as thats where I'm from )

Sometimes in life your going to have to endure pain in order to get to where you want, on both levels I mean, pyshically and mentally. It really is a battle of the mind, you must forsake the faulty ideas that have being given to us by society and make your own rules in life. Its only hard when you think it is! NOTHING is impossible if you put your mind to it!

In life, there are times when your going to HAVE to face up to something your afraid or even terrified of. BUT when you come out of it, it can be the greatest feeling in the world ' Wow, I did that and I thought i couldn't do that! '

Remember, FEAR is ARTIFICAL, take heed.

I'll be quiet now as I might be stealing A - U's thunder! :D

That Guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit said:
Life isn't fair, and that's what makes it fair.

Not everyone is born with the same advantages, the same skills, or the same abilities. We know that, it's self-evident. Sometimes that fact alone discourages many. They'll crucify themselves, their genes, their parents, their teachers, their friends, bosses, or anyone who crosses them. Yet...this is the way IT SHOULD BE.

Humans, as a whole, are the only species on the plant that exhibit choice in our lives. We are not required to be anything OTHER than that which we desire to be. On one hand, that's scary. On the other, that's pure freedom.

Once you make it to a state of equilibrium, you're pretty content staying there. Until you're thrown off balance, you have no motivation to move. Think deeper...

If you own PS2, why buy anything else unless circumstances change?
If you tag girls you like, fairly easily, why workout? Why learn languages? Why read?
If your car gets you from A===>B without complaints, why upgrade?
If your job makes you the kind of money you need to fulfill your current life, why educate yourself? Why pursue anymore than we have to?

The fallacy that kills most people is desiring to be in comfortable circle. Once you get there, you're dead. Life will kill you. Think of the millions of people who seek one attainable goal, get it, and consider themselves done. Just think.

-That one girl
-That one job
-That one toy
-That one dream

If it were only as simple as just one, and done, what else would be left to conquer?

Realize...
1. Equilibrium or complacency truly equals death in nature.
2. Get used to it as a means of growing, adapting, and thriving amongst people.

If you weren't unhappy about something, would you fix it? What would prompt you to fix it? Nothing.

Its hard to see the flip side of a situation, and many people will call you fanciful, a dreamer, even too idealist...but realize, THAT'S only one way of thinking, and truly only one Supreme Being guides right or wrong.

While you're drowning in frustration over a girl, a job, education, or workouts, ask yourself:

What can I learn about this situation?

Many times I desire to be complacent, to not have frustrations, to find a way around all that, but then you realize the greatest contradiction...

The people with the greatest frustrations also have the greatest pleasures.

*Money problems are usually the result of TOO MUCH money.
*Girl problems bring with them the obvious nature of HAVING GIRLS. The more you have, the more little quirks you'll encounter.
*Friendship problems stem from many friends conflicting with you or them.

They're not problems, just opportunities to prove yourself and resourcefulness.
So mister a.ssholeunit, is there anything else you would like to steal from Tony Robbins?

Sure not ALL of these are Tony's words. I don't think he had a PS2 example (NICE TOUCH :up: ) But these are very much Tony's ideas. In fact I believe in day two cd 1 of Get The Edge I believe he exactly states,

A-Unit Or Tony Robbins said:
The people with the greatest frustrations also have the greatest pleasures.

*Money problems are usually the result of TOO MUCH money.
*Girl problems bring with them the obvious nature of HAVING GIRLS. The more you have, the more little quirks you'll encounter.
*Friendship problems stem from many friends conflicting with you or them.
But I could be wrong,... this could be on CD 2.

You guys can keep praising him for his all mighty 'insights' or you can go straight to the source and get Tony Robbins Get The Edge, hey whatever pleases you.But if I were you, I would at least write him a letter and thank him for all the great replies that you got off this board.It's the least you can do.Haha, PS2's. Great one!!

Don't you just hate,...... That Guy?