"Why do you want my number?"

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pheonix:ScndrlReborn
Who cares about C&F? Quit beating around the bush. Just say, "Because I think that you and I should get together sometime, and have some fun. Just give me your number, and we'll set up a date."

Just give it to her straight. If she's interested she will give you her number, if she's not, then she won't. That's all there is to it.
Where's the fun in that? The chase is one of the funnest parts!

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Beautiful point.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol there are so many stupid remarks out here..."phonesex"?!?!?!?

lmao, why the **** would you say that?! if a chick asks you why, then automatically you should know theres something fatally wrong with this girl (lol :D).

i would just try and be smooth about it, **** the mystery.

~ivan

Reaction score
Originally posted by fragmentor
Where's the fun in that? The chase is one of the funnest parts!
Listen, alright, if all this board is about to you, is chasing women, playing with them, and seducing them, you are not even close to resembling a DJ yet. Not even close. What most of us would like, more than anything is a tactful truth from women. We are all sick of being lied to and manipulated. We want tactful truth. What makes you think that they don't want that either?

Give it to 'em straight, it shows that you have confidence. It shows that you know what you want, and you know that you are something all girls want. Beat around the bush, and you come of as an inexperienced guy, who doesn't know what he wants, and just can't hack it.

and it prevents you from wasting your time on her. Say that you want to go on a date. You'll know right away whether or not to next her.

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen, alright, if all this board is about to you, is chasing women, playing with them, and seducing them, you are not even close to resembling a DJ yet. Not even close.
Lets not start challenging one another, and pick fights. Not a good way to get noticed around here. Some people will try to knock off other alpha males to show who is the stronger... thats all fine and dandy, but you can knock him off and have him respect you, or knock him off and create a hater. Have a respectful rebutle, and if your point wins, you will be respected and it will be noted.

Give it to 'em straight, it shows that you have confidence. It shows that you know what you want, and you know that you are something all girls want. Beat around the bush, and you come of as an inexperienced guy, who doesn't know what he wants, and just can't hack it.

and it prevents you from wasting your time on her. Say that you want to go on a date. You'll know right away whether or not to next her.
Agreed. C&F is great, but confident is beter. That my friend is a bold way to "chase". Not many can do it because they fear rejection and lack confidence. So Fragmentor, you answered your own question. The fun IS in the chase, and the chase is so much funner... in my opinion... and challenging being up front. Plus, now you know right off the bat if she is worth investing time into. If she has no interest... whats the point?

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Phoenix, that was pretty damned unnecessary. <sarcasm>Yes, because I enjoy the chase, I must believe that this board is only about that....</sarcasm> Why immediately challenge me because of a difference in opinion? Where's the fun in that attitude? :)

Kaizen, yes i definitely see your point. I'm not gonna sit here and start a debate about which is better - being straight or toying with them a little, because they both work. Remember people there is no one way to get things done - do what works for you and whatever you enjoy, it's not a big deal.

Personally, I too enjoy being straight with the girl once in a while, it promotes unpredictability.

When I ask a girl for her # I never get this response anyway because I usually say something along the lines of "we should meet up sometime - hey what's you number" which is being straight without losing the sense of fun.

Both work, do whats fun and/or feels right for you.

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man the funnest part is definitely having the chicks chasing you...It's great and tbh you just sound bitter pheonix

Having a couple of girls constantly stroking your...ego is mmmmmmm satisfying ;)

Reaction score
Why immediately challenge me because of a difference in opinion? Where's the fun in that attitude? :)

Personally, I too enjoy being straight with the girl once in a while, it promotes unpredictability.

When I ask a girl for her # I never get this response anyway because I usually say something along the lines of "we should meet up sometime - hey what's you number" which is being straight without losing the sense of fun.

Okay, you're right, i went a little overboard, but i'm not challenging you. I was trying to point out that being a DJ is more than just seducing women for the fun of it, but the only reason I said that was because I missunderstood what you meant.

The example you gave was and example of being straight up and going for it. Saying stuff like, "I'm making a phonebook," while very clever, is, to me it seems, just a way of skating around the truth. You know you're interested, she knows it. When she asks, "why do you want my number?", she wants you to say that you are intersested. - She wants you to say that you are interested- . Maybe not out and say it, but she wants to see that you are going to take actions which will display your interest. Tell her you want to get together, meet up sometime, or go on a date.

You can do all your C&F when going for the number, and you can count days after you get it, and limit yourself to 183.67 seconds on the phone for the first 3 conversations in January (183.87 seconds if the moon is full), but then you're just like the U.S. Government. You take a simple thing, and complicate it.

Go for the number, set up the date, and have fun. You have to be real with a girl.

She wants you to say that you are interested

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
...but then you're just like the U.S. Government. You take a simple thing, and complicate it.
Just a little fun fact to know....

The US Government spent millions... if not billions of dollars in creating a specialized pen that is completly un affected by gravity. This was designed so that astronauts can write up in space when there is no gravity. With this pen you can even write upside down and the ink will always flow to the tip. A great invention. Do you know what the Russians did? They used a pencil. :rolleyes:

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kaizen, yes i definitely see your point. I'm not gonna sit here and start a debate about which is better - being straight or toying with them a little, because they both work. Remember people there is no one way to get things done - do what works for you and whatever you enjoy, it's not a big deal.

Both work, do whats fun and/or feels right for you.
My only comment, which you'll most likely agree with me is this... Rock, paper, sissors. None are better than the other, but each is the best in their own right.

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaizen
Just a little fun fact to know....

The US Government spent millions... if not billions of dollars in creating a specialized pen that is completly un affected by gravity. This was designed so that astronauts can write up in space when there is no gravity. With this pen you can even write upside down and the ink will always flow to the tip. A great invention. Do you know what the Russians did? They used a pencil. :rolleyes:
LOL!!