Why do men get married?

FrankWank

Don Juan
Reaction score
What does a man benefit from getting married?
I understand that the woman want the "commitment" deal, but why does a man have to sign a legal document, he will suffer from later in life, to commit?:rolleyes:

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men invented marriage to keep women from running off with that tatooed musclehead who sarges at the bar every friday. In the today's feminized society, however, they (whoever 'they' is) passed a lot of bullsh1t laws that make a woman come out at the top in case of a divorce. Men are just realizing that we fvcked up hard. It's all gonna change soon.

There are already sites like www.nomarriage.com and www.backlash.com that are trying to educate men.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's mostly PRACTICAL I THINK for men AND women.

the flower of YOUTH does FADE.

and for men who are not millioinaire adonises, their ability to continue to attract women will eventually diminish to nothing.

then what?

also, who will be the one to take care of you when you get a cold or get cancer or break a hip?

the flower of youth does fade. everyone needs someone. and the opportunity to 'get yours' rapidly fades. both in terms of professional achievement and with women.

in that sense, consider it an INVESTMENT for the rainy days of old age to come.

delta

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do men get married? sooner or later you will find a woman you want to be with all the time, and the same goes for her, and marriage probably follows. It doesn't mean that it will always be love, always be perfect, because you will have your arguments with her. She will deteriorate in looks like all women. Combine all that with countless other problems and you will say to yourself, why did I get married?

Your best bet is to become a dj, date lots and lots of women, and if you find 'love', if you get hit by the lightningbolt, make sure she is a traditional, man comes first, good hearted woman. Find a woman that is 100% loyal to you. If she fits all the criteria and you want marriage, your choice. You don't want to marry a modern woman, feminazi *****.

Of course there are many positives to marriage. You have your own woman to be with everyday, someone that cares about you and you can make love all the time. Someone to cook for you and have your meal served on the table when you come home from work. If you have children having your own son that looks just like you and molding him in your image. Being the head of your family, providing for it, protecting your family, keeping it strong, all this is a big part of maturing as a man. Passing down your genes for future generations.

Will I get married? probably not, I cannot stay with one woman. I refuse to do it and want to be independent. But I know that I can get struck by the lightningbolt anytime and my attitude can change in an instant. I hope that never happens.

Like the Dean Martin song, "your nobody till somebody loves you."

Originally posted by Disconnect
In the today's feminized society, however, they (whoever 'they' is) passed a lot of bullsh1t laws that make a woman come out at the top in case of a divorce. Men are just realizing that we fvcked up hard. It's all gonna change soon.
Right on, the laws are against men these days. We should also take their right to vote away as well which was a horrible decision to start with.

Last edited:

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because if they didnt, humanity would be wiped out in about 100 years...

BigWillyStyle

Banned
Reaction score
Totally agree with Delta here. I expect a fair few "marriage is for chumps" comments and so forth.
What does a man benefit from getting married?
Well, most people that get married out of LOVE. This is not being "AFC"(I hate the lame acronym) either. Your looks fade. Sure in your younger years you can fool around if you haven't met the girl that meets your needs and vice versa, but really to all those guys on here that are in their mid 40's still posting about how many "hoes" they can pull on a Friday night, it's kinda pathetic.

In 20 years time these guys will have gotten too old to "go clubbing and bone some honeyz" They will be in there 60's, alone, with no children(unless they knock up one of their ONS) and die alone, as it's hard to be an age pensioner and looking for marriage at that point in life.

There is nothing "AFC":)rolleyes: ) about marriage if two people are in love with each other, have their careers sorted, travelled a bit and had a few previous partners as beforehand and are devoted to each other.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marrige? lol... what for? it just complicates things .. *G*

I dont think that i will ever get married... Getting engadged is enough for me thanx... that way we are commited to eachother, and if we decide to "leave" eachother, then i dont owe her SH!T, and i wont have to go through all the G@Y legalities either. Plus... i like the word fiancê better anyways;)

Laterz...

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Life-Trainee
People get married to start a family. If you also happen to love that person that's great.
I dont plan on having children... but you are right, IF you want children, then it would be wise to get married before having them... ;)

Laterz...

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage is basically a public symbol of love. It's like buying someone flowers, but on a logarithmic scale.

Yes, it's a CONTRACT. A legal, binding contract which, when broken (ie Divorce) requires lawyers to enter in order make the contract void.

In my eyes, marriage is simply a way of showing to the world (via RINGS) and to your partner and family (VIA ceremony) that you pledge your love to her and her alone.

Also, being as conservative a country as I'm in (USA), marriage is pretty much EXPECTED out of any serious relationship. And if you're not married and living together, you get nothing but pressure to do so (usually a BARRAGE of questions from close family/friends - "So when you gonna pop the question? When? WHEN?" until you do).

There are of course financial benefits to married couples, but that also proves how conservative the USA is.

I don't see why two people who love each other HAVE to get married. It should be enough that they love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together.

As for myself, I'll probably end up getting married. It wouldn't bother me either way, but let's face it. The majority of girls out there WILL end up wanting marriage in a serious relationship. And I'll probably end up starting a family. Because most girls out there DO have a biological clock saying that they want to have a child of their own.

IDEALLY, if I were to have MY way, I'd like to end up living together in a serious, monogamous relationship, and adopting a child or two. I think there are way too many children in this world already who need parents and I'd like to provide as good a life as I could to some poor child who was abandoned for WHATEVER reason.

What'll probably end UP happening is I'll get married because of pressure from around me and pressure (most significantly) from a long-term girlfriend. I'll be happy, but it's not necessary in my eyes to achieve happiness. And as for children, I'll probably have one and then adopt one.

Alexi

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kids? blah!

Originally posted by California Love
Why? I'm hella surprised. I've never heard a guy say that before.
Becaus i prefer a life where i can take my chick all over, spend my money on her and me, and be "free" .. children cost WAY too much, and they just mess up what you and your girl have... they take all the attention, they cost too much, and they are just hard to have... I only live once, its MY life, and i'm gonna make the best of it, not spend half of it working and wasting all my money on bringing up kids. Maybe i'll adopt a kid thats already in their teens or something... but i'm not gonna think of that just yet, but when the time comes, i'll see what happens. ;)

Laterz...

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As to what I'd adopt, I'd also like to adopt a child that is old enough to KNOW that I'm not their biological parent. Maybe not teens, but maybe nine or ten. This avoids the complications of telling them down the road they're adopted, and also, hopefully they'll appreciate that I'm willing to give them a chance to be part of our family.

Maybe older. All depends.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Beats me.
I personally do not plan on getting married. And especially I don't play on having kids.
Here's how I view it. I view marriage as nothing but an economical and legal agreement. If you love someone you can be with them and it's really the same as if you weren't married. Marriage is just formalizing and binding you to something, and I don't like to be bound. And I see even less point in getting married only to be divorced (and then maybe doing that a couple of times over). Sure, looks fade but being married to someone doesn't make them like you any more than they would otherwise. And vice versa. You can end up being married to someone and not liking them though.
And kids? I think I've got better things to do in life than to have offspring and spend all my energy and my life in raising them. No thanks.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, having kids and raising them up to be great people is my major goal in life, standing beside personal success and helping out society in some way.

I'd be devastated without kids -

1. As you get older, there is no one to take care of, love you. When friends die out and it starts getting hard to take care of yourself, you need kids there to support you.

2. I'd love to see some grandkids.

3. I want to further my genes.

4. I want a functional, caring family unit. Having some children with a beautiful, talented wife is potentially one of the most amazing things ever.

5. You teach kids for the first segment of their life, and after that, they end on teaching you forever. Having kids is one of those experiences that can't be taught or observed.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm....

Just a question to all you guys that WANT to have children...

whats you main reason / purpose of wanting kids?

Most of the guys that i have asked (friends etc) told me that its about "continuing the family name" ... but who really cares about that? why is is SO IMPORTANT to carry on the "family name" ? when u die noone will care about ur sirname *G* Anyone want to help me understand this? :rolleyes: ;)

Laterz...

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmmm....

Originally posted by California Love

1. As you get older, there is no one to take care of, love you. When friends die out and it starts getting hard to take care of yourself, you need kids there to support you.

good point... but not a good enough reason for me to have kids:rolleyes: the rest of your reasons i dont see as THAT "important" to me.

Laterz...

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I don't see why people bother to give a flying f___ about what other people want in life. If someone wants to have kids, let 'em. I'm not gonna criticize if someone has different goals in life than me. That's their choice.

Leave it alone. Spend a little less time trying to convince everyone else that YOUR way is the right way, and just accept that different people have different goals.

If you wanna post YOUR thoughts on marriage and kids, fine. Don't sit there and try to convince other people that they're wrong.

Alexi

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with marriage - this is the natural order of things!! No one wants to be "chasing" women all of their llife especially when there are so many women today who are not worth the time and effort!

Whatever you do - make sure you 'qualify' the woman you marry and that she'll be a good wife/mother of your children. She must be subservient ti the dictates of her husband - if she is not then you will have problems - guaranteed!!!! And whatever you do don't marry a hor or get one pregnant - this will be your ruin!!!!

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good way to look at it...

Originally posted by sfalexi
Personally, I don't see why people bother to give a flying f___ about what other people want in life. If someone wants to have kids, let 'em. I'm not gonna criticize if someone has different goals in life than me. That's their choice.

Leave it alone. Spend a little less time trying to convince everyone else that YOUR way is the right way, and just accept that different people have different goals.

If you wanna post YOUR thoughts on marriage and kids, fine. Don't sit there and try to convince other people that they're wrong.

Alexi
Well said.. and i agree 100%...:) ;)

Laterz...