Why do guys thinnks its a good idea to take a woman to a bar on the first date?

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dandellion said:
The Troll is strong in this thread
Yea, mighty convenient for a new poster to just now come along and start picking apart the responses in this particular thread.

:wave:

dandellion

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if the " " part of "walk in the park" is referring to dogging....

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny how some people think that their opinions are shared by the rest of the world. Perhaps a lot of girls don't like bars, but lots of them do. In fact, very often, girls are the ones who suggest bars as a good first date idea. You might think bars are "sleazy" but lots of people (guys and girls) think they're a great place to kick back and socialize.

Griever114

Don Juan
Reaction score
I generally prefer wine bars or coffee houses. I cant pull off the dive bar ONS thing... yet ;)

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, wine bars..there's something I overlooked!

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bars are just sleazy in general? Not every bar is a dive bar.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never took a girl to a bar for a date. Only met some of them there - then we'd meet up back there at other times. Didn't last long, and didn't care for those types at all.

And, pshaw... Movie dates are awesome. It's not all about impressing the girl - you want to enjoy yourself too. You can talk outside of the movie, and especially if you drive to another city. There's usually more activities and meet-ups to be had later - unless you're unattractive and lame. Just have a good time, and stop worrying so much. That's why most guys fail even when they develop game - they're doing it solely to impress women. That's the core of the problem - not all the dumb mistakes you make.

I think dinner dates are the worst for non-couples, though. Too much pressure, not a relaxed environment... Just bad. If its not a movie - I like to move around, poke fun, touch, observe things, talk about whatever catches the eye, go around... It's hard when you're sitting down. Being outside is the best.

mocha2010

Don Juan
Reaction score
floydb25 said:
Never took a girl to a bar for a date. Only met some of them there - then we'd meet up back there at other times. Didn't last long, and didn't care for those types at all.

And, pshaw... Movie dates are awesome. It's not all about impressing the girl - you want to enjoy yourself too. You can talk outside of the movie, and especially if you drive to another city. There's usually more activities and meet-ups to be had later - unless you're unattractive and lame. Just have a good time, and stop worrying so much. That's why most guys fail even when they develop game - they're doing it solely to impress women. That's the core of the problem - not all the dumb mistakes you make.

I think dinner dates are the worst for non-couples, though. Too much pressure, not a relaxed environment... Just bad. If its not a movie - I like to move around, poke fun, touch, observe things, talk about whatever catches the eye, go around... It's hard when you're sitting down. Being outside is the best.
I like your style, I would date you. Sounds like your morals are better than most.

What some guys do not understand is that most or many women who ask to go to dive bars on first dates often drink alot and sometimes end of sleeping with alot of men, ie. not good girls

I am a popular fun loving mainstream woman, I have lots of friends from all walks of life, I am not Mother Teresa, but there is a difference between a nieghborhood hole bar for a first date and another place.

One guy said , I cannot speak for all women and that some women ask to be taken to bars. But are you making a mental note of good vs. decent vs. bad girls, probably not.

Bad girls are very good at hiding thier bad sides.

I do not choose men based upon venue they take me but the venue you take a woman to is the image that you are portraying to her. A woman will judge you on that, even if she does not say it .

Most well balanced women like "romance" and a the regular nieghborhood bar does not spell that unless she is just not used to being treated well.

It is not about the money spent so much as it is about the atmosphere. Women , real women like nice surroundings.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mocha2010 said:
I like your style, I would date you. Sounds like your morals are better than most.

What some guys do not understand is that most or many women who ask to go to dive bars on first dates often drink alot and sometimes end of sleeping with alot of men, ie. not good girls

I am a popular fun loving mainstream woman, I have lots of friends from all walks of life, I am not Mother Teresa, but there is a difference between a nieghborhood hole bar for a first date and another place.

One guy said , I cannot speak for all women and that some women ask to be taken to bars. But are you making a mental note of good vs. decent vs. bad girls, probably not.

Bad girls are very good at hiding thier bad sides.
no they aren't, IF you know what to look for. a stupid b!tch is going to be a stupid b!tch. a slvt is going to be a slvt. a tease is going to be a tease. women can't turn on and off their TRUE selves like a light switch. sure they can attempt to cover it up, but eventually it comes out.
I do not choose men based upon venue they take me but the venue you take a woman to is the image that you are portraying to her. A woman will judge you on that, even if she does not say it .
so if you don't choose men based upon the venue they take you to, why should they worry what you think of them secretly? if you end up going out with them again or banging them that night, it wouldn't matter if you went dumpster diving.
Most well balanced women like "romance" and a the regular nieghborhood bar does not spell that unless she is just not used to being treated well.
if she's not used to being treated well thats her damn fault. i can name many relationships i've been in where i thought i wasnt being treated well but guess what, i got out of them. it didnt take weeks, months, or years, it took one good "fvck you hoe, i can do better". she has to respect herself and want better for herself, men just arent going to give it to her. at least i wont. women dont want romance unless theyre on their honeymoon or something. flowers scare women off. ive put that theory to the test many times and proved it to be true.

It is not about the money spent so much as it is about the atmosphere. Women , real women like nice surroundings.
i've seen these same "real women" out with meth heads at waffle house and they couldnt be happier hanging on the arm of the guy who looked like he had AIDS and hadnt had a bath in a month.

Ilboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Several issues here.
1.) Last time I checked women had mouths, too. If a guy wanna take you to a bar and you don't want to go, why not tell him and propose another place? Why does it always have to be the guy who prepares the date? How about you just say "I don't like that place, let's here!"
2.) As a college student I can't really afford "classy", I can't afford paying 8$ per ****tail all the time
3.) I have the theory that most men don't take their first date to creepy and dirty bars
4.) I'd be scared to go on a walk with a girl the first date, as it might seem kind of lame to her
5.) I personally don't want to go to a restaurant on the first date, as guys are usually expected to pay and I think it's kind of disrespectful to expect somebody who barely knows you to pay for your food.

BobbyS

Reaction score
lordes said:
I drink socially but every woman want to feel like a princess on a date and the venue helps

:rolleyes: LOL blow me and please spare me that bull****. If this was true at all, girls all over the world would be dating Nice guys and forums like this wouldn't exist.

You're either massively ignorant, in denial, or a mixture of both, 'cuz this is what works in the real world and one you and your tampon home skillets created:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=190735
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1875685#post1875685

Find me a woman aware, and honest enough to hand out that kind of advice and you've found a rare gem.

You want a nice guy that will treat you like a princess? Take you to a boring museum, a nice dinner (probably pay for it and open doors too, right? ;)).
Your ego will simply walk all over the guy and sadly enough, you will lose respect for him for respecting you.

Not to mention you're all lazy and want it all to come to you.

:moon: Kiss my correct & bitter ass. :p

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert: Yeah, bad girls aren't good at hiding their true colors. They only try to get the unsuspecting, weak, naive, gullible types to believe that they're good. Hence, why so many bad girls chase after nice guys... They're the only ones that allow them to play their game, and can't see the forest through the trees. They're the easiest to control and manipulate - as they lie about everything.

I can spot em a mile away. They don't like when their game fails to work. I play along for a while; act gullible; let them think they have it all figured out; everything is going smoothly; their tactics are working... then pull a 180. They become angry when they can't control or manipulate you anymore... Not that they ever did - only made them think that was the case. So, they keep trying and trying - thinking they can get you back to how it was. Since that manipulation didn't work - maybe they can manipulate you into another. And another. All they do is lie and try to manipulate.

It's fun messing with bullies and predators. They have no idea that I know what they're doing the entire time, and am playing it to a tee. When they act up, make threats, try playing games, storm away - then come back and try to use guilt trips - only to not have me cave in, and chase after them - they're like "WTF?", and keep trying to pull more BS. They become psychotic - while I'm just chillin, laughing away. They expected the opposite.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
floydb25 said:
It's fun messing with bullies and predators. They have no idea that I know what they're doing the entire time, and am playing it to a tee. When they act up, make threats, try playing games, storm away - then come back and try to use guilt trips - only to not have me cave in, and chase after them - they're like "WTF?", and keep trying to pull more BS. They become psychotic - while I'm just chillin, laughing away. They expected the opposite.
Sounds great, but I don't completely follow. Do you have an example? Thanks.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, I'll bite.

Here's my take on it. I compartmentalize my dating life. If I'm out just looking for a shag (which is usually the case), I'm not taking a girl out to dinner. Why would I want to wine and dine a woman I just want to sleep with? Doesn't make much sense to me. On the other hand, if I come across a woman I'm genuinely interested in, and want to get to know better, I would probably take her out to dinner and it wouldn't be awkward, because I wouldn't even try to sleep with her that night. I'd want to establish a connection first and would enjoy her company. Basically it would be the foundation for the start of a relationship. Those woman are few and far between and rarely do I take that path. But if I come across a nice, levelheaded, good natured girl that I feel a spark with, I will.

mocha2010

Don Juan
Reaction score
BobbyS said:
:rolleyes: LOL blow me and please spare me that bull****. If this was true at all, girls all over the world would be dating Nice guys and forums like this wouldn't exist.

You're either massively ignorant, in denial, or a mixture of both, 'cuz this is what works in the real world and one you and your tampon home skillets created:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=190735
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1875685#post1875685

Find me a woman aware, and honest enough to hand out that kind of advice and you've found a rare gem.

You want a nice guy that will treat you like a princess? Take you to a boring museum, a nice dinner (probably pay for it and open doors too, right? ;)).
Your ego will simply walk all over the guy and sadly enough, you will lose respect for him for respecting you.

Not to mention you're all lazy and want it all to come to you.

:moon: Kiss my correct & bitter ass. :p
You do sound very bitter perhaps you have met the wrong types of women.

In my honest opinion if a woman steps over you for treating her with respect and taking her to a nice place then either she is not used to much, had no father figure in her life that was good, has mental issues, or is just stupid.

Then again, some women accept dates just to go out, so no matter where you taker her she will not like you.

But if she does like you, you should taker her to a nice place.

As a woman I know in 5 minutes after meeting a guy if its the type of guy I would sleep with, so these women know whether they like you or not the minute you ask them out. Maybe the women you met just went out and then discovered they did not like you after speaking to you or maybe they never liked you. But a woman is not going to step on a man she likes and destroy his ego, unless he becomes a total wuss.

Do not make the mistake of making another woman pay for the bad deeds of other women. You may meet a really really nice girl and treat her badly then lose out. Everyone is an individual.

I remember I met this guy whom I thought the world of and would have done anything for but he was used to very very bad women and he treated me badly because he was hurt from the past and we fell out and do not speak anymore. No matter what I did , he assumed the worst. It was weird, the nicer I was to him, the meaner he was.

mocha2010

Don Juan
Reaction score
Because you have met some women who did not appreciate a dinner date, movie, etc. this is no reason to say "freak it" I am not spending my money and I am just taking the next girl to a dive bar because I do not care, if this connotates that I want to just sleep with her.

The next woman you meet may really be nice, she may really like you and she may not even drink or may drink socially. Then maybe she is too shy or does not want to hurt your feelings, saying she does not want to go to a dive or hole in the wall bar. But this may secretly offend her or change her opinion of you.

Ok lets takes celebrities, would you take these famous women to a dive , or hole in the wall bar on a first date? And if you did , do you think you would ever hear from them again?

1. Kim Kardashian
2. Adrianna Lima
3. Bar Rafelli
4. Gisele Bundchen
5. Zoe Zaldana
6. Angelina Jolie (maybe she would not be offended, lol but she is CRAZY)
7. Britney Spears (not offended but BIPOLAR)
8. Natalie Portman
9. Selena Gomez
10. Beyonce
11. Lyndsey Lohan (would not be offended but she is CRAZY)

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mocha2010 said:
Because you have met some women who did not appreciate a dinner date, movie, etc. this is no reason to say "freak it" I am not spending my money and I am just taking the next girl to a dive bar because I do not care, if this connotates that I want to just sleep with her.

The next woman you meet may really be nice, she may really like you and she may not even drink or may drink socially. Then maybe she is too shy or does not want to hurt your feelings, saying she does not want to go to a dive or hole in the wall bar. But this may secretly offend her or change her opinion of you.

Ok lets takes celebrities, would you take these famous women to a dive , or hole in the wall bar on a first date? And if you did , do you think you would ever hear from them again?

1. Kim Kardashian
2. Adrianna Lima
3. Bar Rafelli
4. Gisele Bundchen
5. Zoe Zaldana
8. Natalie Portman
9. Selena Gomez
10. Beyonce
I treat a girl based on what my perception of her is after i meet her and talk to her, i will also always be guarded against women and their mind games but based off the list above since i don't know any of those celebrities personally i really can't say much. What i can say is that if you have a bad rep, i will hold that against you (and be even more guarded) unless you prove to me otherwise.

So below are a list of girls above that i wouldn't touch if you paid me.

1.) Kim Kardashian
7.) Britney Spears
11.) Lindsay Lohan

9.) Selena Homez- borderline too young for me...

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
Last date I had was at a bar, I drank water all night and she bought herself a few Jack and Cokes... Hardly a hey I want to get you drunk and **** you deal.

You presume too much about yourself.

1. Kim Kardashian
2. Adrianna Lima
3. Bar Rafelli
4. Gisele Bundchen
5. Zoe Zaldana
8. Natalie Portman
9. Selena Gomez
10. Beyonce

I'd take all these chicks to a dive bar. Especially the rich snotty ones, and I do not care if I hear from them again.

/thread