Who initiates after setting up a date?

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys do after you both agree to a date..Should you wait for her to remember and contact you first or should you initiate?If you do initiate what would the initial text be?

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should be a definite date aka a specific time, day, and place. In my experiences after making the definite plans a couple days before and not texting her...she will text me the day of the date something along the lines of

Her:We still on for tonight?
Me: Yes

Then just show up....

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:
Should be a definite date aka a specific time, day, and place. In my experiences after making the definite plans a couple days before and not texting her...she will text me the day of the date something along the lines of

Her:We still on for tonight?
Me: Yes

Then just show up....
Yup. If I'm at all worried about a potential flake I'll just do this:

Me: You drink red or white?
Her: (Whatever). I'll be there (whenever).

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
Text her the time you want to meet.

Usually I set up a plan via text either the night of the date or a few days before. So if I texted her on Tuesday for a Thursday date... once Thursday comes I would send something like:

ME: 8:00?

If I'm making the plans the night of the date:

ME: Want to grab a drink after work tonight?

I always plan first dates/meetings at the bar next to my apartment. This way I can walk there when she arrives. I always send a "running late" text at the time of the date. If she isn't there yet.. I tell her to text me when she is. If she flakes.. I never got off my ass anyway.

Also, if she's DTF.. my place is a 5 minute walk.:up:

The less effort you put into dating the more high value women will believe you are. :crackup:

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:
Text her the time you want to meet.

Usually I set up a plan via text either the night of the date or a few days before. So if I texted her on Tuesday for a Thursday date... once Thursday comes I would send something like:

ME: 8:00?

If I'm making the plans the night of the date:

ME: Want to grab a drink after work tonight?

I always plan first dates/meetings at the bar next to my apartment. This way I can walk there when she arrives. I always send a "running late" text at the time of the date. If she isn't there yet.. I tell her to text me when she is. If she flakes.. I never got off my ass anyway.

Also, if she's DTF.. my place is a 5 minute walk.:up:

The less effort you put into dating the more high value women will believe you are. :crackup:
Almost feels like a catch 22 because since women are usually the passive sex, we can't really hold our breath for that

NewJack

Don Juan
Reaction score
The flaws in the relationship are going to be exposed ANYWAY.

THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With texting, it has become SO EASY for women to flake. They don't have to look you in the eye or listen to your voice. Texting marked the end of dating.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright guys today we are supposed to meet up.Now because of the convo below(she says she sometimes cancels last minute) if you guys can give me a smart initiating text to remind her i would appreciate it

I hit up this chick on ok cupid and drop her my number.She texts me the following night

Her:Hey you never game your name..lol
Me:David..How about you?
Her:Im Trina:)
Me:pleasure to meet you Trina:)
Me:You look mixed with something..my guess would be indian
Her:Lol,no hispanic
Me:Yeah you've go that exotic look
Her:Thats interesting.Ive never been called exotic..lol..What are you mixed with?
Me:Ethiopian
Her:Really,i am in love with your food
Me:Ok, what's your favorite dish
Her:XXXXXX
Me:I must say you have good taste
Her:Yep i could go for some right now
Me:So what's on the agenda for this week..doing anything exciting
Her:Too early to tell..I do have alot of school work though
Me:btw..i could go for some hispanic food right now
Her:You should try xxxxx then
Her:Its basically tex mex but so good,good margaritas too
Me:I like the sound of that..So what do you you do for fun?
Her:Whatever i get the inspiration to do in the moment
Me:Do you like Bowling
Her:yes i think its fun..i think its fun though..lol
Me:Dont worry you will be training with a pro:)
Her:Is that right
Me:)Im free later this week
Her:Maybe thurday
Me:So thursday me and you:)
Her:Yes but i must tell you i am known to reschedule the last minute so you you're not dissapointed if i can't meet that day.
Me:Yes i am also known to do the same:)As long as you let me know ahead of time we are good
Her:Ill try but that kind of goes against the last minute part..lol..Socially i decide what to do that day
Me:Lol..K
Her:Ive just had some people get mad about that but school and working out comes furst
Me:cool

Well today is the day...what is a smart text to hit her up with?

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:
Her:Yes but i must tell you i am known to reschedule the last minute so you you're not dissapointed if i can't meet that day.
Her:Ill try but that kind of goes against the last minute part..lol..Socially i decide what to do that day
Okay, goodbye then.

Would be my response.

Oh, and as Espi says, please god stop texting.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
So since we agreed for today..should i text her saying hey are we still on for tonight?we only texted on monday.i haven't texted since

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you even pursuing this girl? Her interest in you is so lukewarm that she told you she might cancel days before the actual date happened.

Spoiler alert: You're not seeing her today. Don't text. Just find another girl.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
What caused this lukewarmness? I don't understand why women text you after you I've them your number on a dating site..Why would they go out of there way to contact you then flake..

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok..so it's my fault since I put myself out there,did my share of the work?

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaaaaand you're out.

Re-read what she said: "Socially i decide what to do that day." In other words, if nothing better comes along, she MIGHT decide to see you. And like I always tell guys, you should NEVER accept a "maybe" date from a woman. The fact that she doesn't have anything planned at the moment but is already telling you she may blow you off should be a HUGE indicator of her interest.

Other mistakes you made:

1. Giving her your number - it should be the other way around: you ask for HER number, and she either gives it to you (high interest) or she gives you some excuse as to why she can't give it to you (low interest). Then, once you get it, you CALL her up and ask her on a date - no texting.

2. Your weak date invite - the presentation was awful. "I'm free this week" - great, now she knows that you have nothing else going on in your life. A better way to present this to her: "Well, if you like bowling, we should meet up sometime this week. I'm currently free on Thursday and Sunday, what day would work best for you?"

3. Not asking her for a definite time - anytime a girl gives you the "oh, I'm so busy" excuse, she's probably blowing you off. However, there's always a small chance that she just can't make it on the days you mentioned. So, to figure out which one it is, simply say "okay, well tell me - what days do you have coming up where you are DEFINITELY available." If she's in school or likes to work out, those are things she will typically have scheduled in advance throughout her week. So, she should be able to fit you in - think about it, even a girl that goes to school and works out has to make time to eat, right? So, if she gives you a lame answer like "gee, I don't really know any definite days when my schedule is open," she's lying to you because she doesn't want to go out with you. I've dated doctors, lawyers, scientists, and grad students, all of whom found ways to make time for me - if she can't find time to go out with you between schooling and working out, there's a reason for it...

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok..so it's my fault since I put myself out there,did my share of the work?

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Harry Wilmington said:
Aaaaaand you're out.

Re-read what she said: "Socially i decide what to do that day." In other words, if nothing better comes along, she MIGHT decide to see you. And like I always tell guys, you should NEVER accept a "maybe" date from a woman. The fact that she doesn't have anything planned at the moment but is already telling you she may blow you off should be a HUGE indicator of her interest.

Other mistakes you made:

1. Giving her your number - it should be the other way around: you ask for HER number, and she either gives it to you (high interest) or she gives you some excuse as to why she can't give it to you (low interest). Then, once you get it, you CALL her up and ask her on a date - no texting.

2. Your weak date invite - the presentation was awful. "I'm free this week" - great, now she knows that you have nothing else going on in your life. A better way to present this to her: "Well, if you like bowling, we should meet up sometime this week. I'm currently free on Thursday and Sunday, what day would work best for you?"

3. Not asking her for a definite time - anytime a girl gives you the "oh, I'm so busy" excuse, she's probably blowing you off. However, there's always a small chance that she just can't make it on the days you mentioned. So, to figure out which one it is, simply say "okay, well tell me - what days do you have coming up where you are DEFINITELY available." If she's in school or likes to work out, those are things she will typically have scheduled in advance throughout her week. So, she should be able to fit you in - think about it, even a girl that goes to school and works out has to make time to eat, right? So, if she gives you a lame answer like "gee, I don't really know any definite days when my schedule is open," she's lying to you because she doesn't want to go out with you. I've dated doctors, lawyers, scientists, and grad students, all of whom found ways to make time for me - if she can't find time to go out with you between schooling and working out, there's a reason for it...
that makes sense, if a woman is truly interested in you, she will definetley find and make a way in order to make her life flexible enough in order to see you

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:
What caused this lukewarmness? I don't understand why women text you after you I've them your number on a dating site..Why would they go out of there way to contact you then flake..
Women love attention, validation and power over men. Simple as that. A woman doesn't have to want to f*ck you in order to communicate with you. Women want relationships with beta fags they can exploit just as much as they want alpha c0cks pounding their ****s.

A woman must find out which type of man you are before taking action. If you are a man who she doesn't have to f*ck to keep.. then she wont.

Spin more plates. No women you haven't f*cked is worth this much discussion.

lover4721

Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:
I agree and it's true. I've had girls that I don't like, that have been dying for a chance to be with me. This one even said she will be an option if the one doesn't work out... and this is only because I don't care about dating them and I'm guessing it shows value. So I am for this piece of advice, as it does work.