Where the Hotties are

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Anti Dr Phil
From my experiences, here are the gold standards for meeting women. I've done these things to death in many parts of the world, and you can't miss at these places if you tried.

1. Take Salsa or Tango lessons. Women love a man who can dance, and these sessions are choc full of women. Guys are normally outnumbered 8 to 1, and not only are you conversing with women, you're interacting with them on a sensual and spritual level. Again, even a guy with the worst game can't miss here. Pure Platinum

2. Cooking classes - Guys are outnumbered 10-1. Again, lots of conversation, and women are always "eager" to help a man trying his luck in the kitchen. Plus, you have an excuse to practice one of your new dishes for one or a group of them at your home. Have the invitee or invitees bring over some wine, and the world will be yours in a short amount of time. Pure Platinum.

3. Language classes - Guys outnumbered 5 -1. Lots of interaction because students are encouraged to practice with one another. Learn to speak to a woman in Italian or French, and guys can prepare for greatness. Pure Platinum

4. Wine Tasting Events - guys outnumbered 4-1. Classy event, where everyone's chatting it up and getting wasted. Pure Gold

5. Volunteering - Guys outnumbered 15 -1. Crawling with sensitive women who have their guard down all the time. 99% of them are EASILY approachable. Pure Platinum

6. Airport lounges - Travel destinations are an easy conversation piece. Pure gold.

7. Book clubs - Guys outnumbered 8-1. See everything above.

These locations are great because these are things the standard guy will NEVER do, which is why every guy here should ABSOLUTELY be doing them. Not only will you have easy access to a myriad of different styled women (most being very cultured), you will be self improving and becoming more well rounded at break-neck speeds. The key, in my opinion, to being able to approach any woman, in any place, at anytime, anywhere in the world, is to become incredibly versatile. Do that, and you'll be able to mingle and converse with anyone.

If a guy is well read, can pick a great bottle of wine, can converse in different languages (even if it's but a few phrases), can dance (or even two of these), and can still keep his "manliness", he'll be so far ahead of the curve from other guys it wouldn't even be fair. I haven't read the DJ bible or any of the methods here, but in my opinion versatility and confidence are the keys. You have those, and you've got gold, of the 24 caret variety. Forget everything else - Dare to be different
great post!

The Anti Dr Phil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Washington, DC/Barcelona, Spain (6 mos in the US &
Str8up: How is any of that being a metrosexual? I call that living - doing things at your own tempo, without regard to what anyone thinks - being incredibly versatile. Worry about what the next man or woman thinks at your peril. It's what holds many men back from being great. Open your mind my friend, the world is a big place. Step outside of the box - See the vastness, and breath it in.

The manly guy who is versatile has a totally different flavor to his game. Mix that versatility with a tablespoon of confidence and that guy will run circles around the non-versatile guy when it comes to meeting a variety of chicks. The versatile guy will be able to approach any woman, any time, and engage her in a conversation in damn near anything. In fact, the versatile guy confident guy will lap him twice, because he'll have far greater "material" to work with.

But hey bro...you don't have to listen to me. I just gave you the goods - pure gold tried and true. You can't find better consistant women to men odds if you tried. But hey, If meeting an assortment of women is too metrosexual for you, so be it - stick to meeting women in bars with beer and pretzels about- You don't have to go to any of those places I listed if you don't want to. More for me.

Last edited:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a lot of truth in what The Anti Dr Phil is saying.

But versatility is not a "magic bullet." Still helps to be good at making small talk, although such venues would provide some good automatic conversation openers if you're small talk challenged.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experiences, here are the gold standards for meeting women. I've done these things to death in many parts of the world, and you can't miss at these places if you tried.

1. Take Salsa or Tango lessons. Women love a man who can dance, and these sessions are choc full of women. Guys are normally outnumbered 8 to 1, and not only are you conversing with women, you're interacting with them on a sensual and spritual level. Again, even a guy with the worst game can't miss here. Pure Platinum

2. Cooking classes - Guys are outnumbered 10-1. Again, lots of conversation, and women are always "eager" to help a man trying his luck in the kitchen. Plus, you have an excuse to practice one of your new dishes for one or a group of them at your home. Have the invitee or invitees bring over some wine, and the world will be yours in a short amount of time. Pure Platinum.

3. Language classes - Guys outnumbered 5 -1. Lots of interaction because students are encouraged to practice with one another. Learn to speak to a woman in Italian or French, and guys can prepare for greatness. Pure Platinum

4. Wine Tasting Events - guys outnumbered 4-1. Classy event, where everyone's chatting it up and getting wasted. Pure Gold

5. Volunteering - Guys outnumbered 15 -1. Crawling with sensitive women who have their guard down all the time. 99% of them are EASILY approachable. Pure Platinum

6. Airport lounges - Travel destinations are an easy conversation piece. Pure gold.

7. Book clubs - Guys outnumbered 8-1. See everything above.
Platinum post Anti DP,

I really would like to try some of this stuff.

When I used to go on flights with my lacrosse team, I would always pick-up broads around the luggage terminal after we landed.. because they're just arriving to the same city too and you know they'll be around for awhile.

Red_Tiger

Don Juan
Reaction score
. Cooking classes - Guys are outnumbered 10-1.

what I would like to ask is how you explain yourself being on your own with all these lovely ladies?. Oh I have always wanted to know how to make a lovely apple cake :)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Str8up: How is any of that being a metrosexual? I call that living - doing things at your own tempo, without regard to what anyone thinks - being incredibly versatile. Worry about what the next man or woman thinks at your peril. It's what holds many men back from being great. Open your mind my friend, the world is a big place. Step outside of the box - See the vastness, and breath it in.
I was only kidding. Trust me, if there is anyone who lives outside the box, it's ME.

Everyone says I am a metrosexual anyways. Hell, even my 8 yr old neice saw how I had decorated my place and said, "I thought only girls were supposed to do this stuff" haha. I replied, "It's 2005.....guys are allowed to do this kind of stuff too". My sister laughed.

fan27

Don Juan
Reaction score
The venue I have the best success in is the grocery store. The key is to know which store to go to (typically the trendy part of town with lots of rentals in the area). I find it so easy to approach woman in the grocery store. So much easier than a dance club. Plus, everyone has to eat.

Met a cutie a few days ago. She is 30, a marathon runner, a teacher. Had coffee with her and it is definitely game on.

fan27

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want a ratio of about 20-1 go into a woman's clothing store. You'll be surrounded by tonnes of hb's.

Your excuse is this: "I'm buying a gift for my sister's/cousin's birthday"

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and a buddy are gonna sign up for a yoga class in a rich neighbourhood with lots of young hot broads. If anyone asks what we're doing there, I'm gonna say that I have to work on my flexibility for sports..

fan27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
Me and a buddy are gonna sign up for a yoga class in a rich neighbourhood with lots of young hot broads. If anyone asks what we're doing there, I'm gonna say that I have to work on my flexibility for sports..
I met my ex-girlfriend at a Bikram yoga class. I started doing yoga 3 years ago and it is a great workout. I've been doing yoga at home lately but think I will go back to the studio. Very hot women and about 1/3 of the guys there are gay.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fan27
I met my ex-girlfriend at a Bikram yoga class. I started doing yoga 3 years ago and it is a great workout. I've been doing yoga at home lately but think I will go back to the studio. Very hot women and about 1/3 of the guys there are gay.
I won't analyze the favorable statistics on why yoga classes have very attractive women and that most guys are gay. I've gone to Stick to Ashtanga (faster stretching and strength with focus on breathing) and Hatha (stretching) but avoid Pilates as it would probably have more guys there.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me backup my man, Immaculate..

You guys dispute his claim because you don't live in the D.C. area.

He and I do. Man, there are more chicks here with baby daddies than most areas.

I've tried to stick to my guns and "hope" I could meet a chick without a kid. My conclusion is there are many women without children. But most seem to be Caucasian. Or Full figured. Fat.

I'm going to 32 in February and I can tell you now, if anyone were to ask me if i regret no keeping any of the chicks I met in my twenties I would honestly say, "yes". I'm not talking about the bucket head girls I met in my late twenties and early thirties.
But the ones in college.

There are so many social circles here, it's a drain. This isn't NY. The bar scenes and tight knit. The clubs aren't bad, but you're going to be coming out with a young chick. And even then you could still catch a demo ( defined as a fake number ).

It is hard. But it's easier to holla at the girl next door. So what if she's not a HB. You can always get another. Most of the time women are like jobs. If you got one, you can get another. Be unemployed and shyt, no ones interested.

F it! What i want to know is...

Exactly how many of you mugs think you're going to be married to a Tyra Banks or Charlize Theron, or what's her face from Desperate Housewives?

The Anti Dr Phil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo - I strongly, STRONGLY, and COMPLETELY disagree with you and immaculate regarding the DC area. That area is CHOC FULL of single women WITHOUT kids, and I clean house when I'm in town. I live/work in Europe 6 months out of the year, and DC for 6 months and I know that area very well. In fact, I'll be in town next week through June for my next 6 month stint.

Where in the heck are you guys hanging out??? You guys are flat out going to the wrong places. You gotta be, because there is no othere way to explain it.

Man, you and immaculate should hit me with a PM pronto, and when I'm in town next week, my DC wingman and wingwoman will take you guys to the REAL spots and show you fellas how that sh!t is done at the ultra high level. And these will be women of all persuasions - latin, Asian, African American, Caucasion, Persian - all top notch, attractive, mature, professional, intelligent, cultured women. But if you guys want to roll, be ready for primetime and have your game faces on extra tight, because we don't hesitate - not even for a second. We'll put you guys in the proper environment to make things happen, but after that it'll be either sink or swim. We won't hold anyone's hand.

I'm also throwing a Sushi, wine, and champagne party at my place in dowtown DC the end of the month, so if you guys hold up during the night out (should you decide to partake), I'll be happy to invite you guys. I'm being extra selective with the guys I will be inviting. I'm looking for guys that will somewhat mirror the style of women who will be there, so all conversations will be smooth, interesting, and interactive.

If you fellas are ready for primetime, PM me. As I said, I'll be in town the end of this week.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo!

Deal me in and keep me posted.

Anti Dr Phil,

Immaculate is right. If you don't live in the city, why date a woman in the city. If he lives where I think he lives, he's more than likely to run into a woman who has a kid here in the burbs. Besides, every chick I met met that lived in the city has as much as a player mentality as the men that chase them.

Spots, you say. No way. I hit premier spots like Ozio and Love. I can't stand Adam's Morgan. I can honestly say I'm not a guy who frequents places like Cafe Asia. It's not my style. But I'm open for hitting new spots and adventures.

I'll definitely PM you before the end of the week. I don't think Immaculate would be interested though because he lives outside the beltway I think. The trips to the city are getting harder to make with the "Zero Tolerance" Law.

The Anti Dr Phil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo: My place in DC is but few blocks from Ozio. I'm a 5 minute walk from there - I'm very good friends with the Owner at Ozio (we golf together), along with the owner at Love and the woman who does all of their marketing (she and I went to undergrad together). I've been to those places before and they are cool (Love was called Dream then), but I'll never set foot in those places again unless I were hog-tied and tortured. Cool places no doubt, but you're only getting a certain style of woman at those locales with a singular mentality. And I'm telling you, the style of woman you're looking for DO NOT hang out at those spots. You might find a few out fo the huddled masses of female bandying about, but you won't find many gallivanting who are on "that level".

I know you say it may not be your style, but you have to open up the offense, ala the St Louis Rams 1999. You gotta hit places like 18th Street Lounge, ChiCha Lounge, restuarants/lounges like Zatinya or Mei N Yu, and hotel lounges like the Ritz Carlton in Georgetown or Hotel Monaco downtown. These are but a few of many different places in DC, with diverse and flavorful styles of women. These are the places where the REAL non B.S. talent is hiding. The talent pool at those locales are nonpariel, and rarely will any of these women have children. These are places where you can really immerse yourself into a laid-back vibe, and converse with a woman whilst letting your "game" shine through.

The difference in talent between Love and Ozio, and the locations I just named?

Love and Ozio = Michael Finley & Wally Szczerbiak
The places I named = Michael Jordan & Larry Bird

Shoot me an PM at the end of the week. I dont know how tired I'll be from the travel and jet lag, but if I can't hang out this weekend, I'll definitely be ready to go next weekend.

Last edited: