Where the Hotties are

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
That statement is really BS.
"It is hard to meet good women in a bar" would be much more accurate. Good, decent women do go to bars, but they turn their b*tch shields on, drink, and play a role of AW. They are in the mode "Oh, nothing serious, just having fun". Some even in the mode of "I don't mind having ONS tonight to feel more of a woman".
Oh, I see. So good women DO go to bars, they just aren't receptive to meeting someone. That makes a lot of sense.

If bars are the primary source of meeting women for you, you should not expect the women you meet there are a bit odd and sl*tty.
No one said this should be your "primary source" for meeting women.

For example, you said you met your LTR in a bar. Ok, and why did you break up? Because.. she was not good enough for you. See the pattern already?
Absolutely. The pattern is that all of the chicks I have dated have wanted MORE from me than I am willing to give. But the funny thing is, it doesn't matter whether I met them at work, on the street, through friends, or at a bar, it's pretty much the same deal. The fact that I met some of them when I was out drinking has NOTHING to do with it.

Like all the good girls stay home and knit sweaters on saturday night. You and all of these other "anti bar chick" people are DELUSIONAL.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think bars and clubs in general contain a representative sample of the female population in any given city. There's pros and cons to meeting women everywhere. With bars, it's loud so it's hard to hear and be heard. Also in a bar I think your social value is tested more so than when doing a daytime approach on a lone wolf, i.e., You're being compared to other guys there at the bar and being measured up by your target's ****blocking friends. Seems like girls you meet in the club tend to be drunk flakes.

I know of guys that can't pick up in a bar but can in daytime venues.

All this talk about the hotties in girl's clothing stores, etc., but I see hotties in the men's section of stores. Maybe they're doing the same thing we're trying to do, just it's not "creepy" when they do it. But it's hard to tell whether or not they're just shopping for the man in their life.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am starting to think it is just better to get your own life together and make them come to you... as you get older if you make good $$$ and keep in shape they will come to you.

(This does not apply to me as yet as my ex and kids are draining all my money :( )

I know a friend, in his 50s, very dapper/distiguished, has $$, in good shape, and women from 30 to 60 approach him constantly. I do not know what his secret is but I have seen women fawn over him more than once. He dresses well and has a sports car, makes big $$, etc, etc - and the women know it before they even speak to him!

I do not know if it would work for just anybody, but I think if you dress very well and look/act mature, etc, then go to women's stores, malls, whereever, you may find women approach you. This applies to 25+ of course, not young girls. I plan to take this approach once I untangle myself from my current GF who is getting to be too high maintenance (but that is a different story)

Another friend of mine knows a guy with a yacht. He says the guy always has young beautiful girlfriends. I told him, I would not know how to find these HB 10s even if I owned a yacht. His answer was "don't worry, if you have a yacht, they will find YOU!"

Dietzcoi

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by yendor28
1. Do things you enjoy and work on yourself so WHEREEVER you see a woman you can approach.

2. What would you like in a woman? Smart - go to libraries, bookstores etc. Fit - gyms, exercise classes etc. Spritual...

etc. etc!

general - the real key is to be able TO GO FOR IT when you see an opportnuity
Now here's a man who's not overanalyzing this whole situation. I really think this is what it comes down to.

You can meet almost any type of girl at almost any place. You could see the same girl at a bar Saturday night whom you saw at church the week before.

Of course there are places where your likelihood or statistical probablity of meeting a certain "demographic" of women will increase. All I know is that the girls I have met that have lasted, or amounted to anything, I met when I wasnt out hunting for it. I was relaxed and confident and it just happened. There is such a dominant PUA mentality here. It's fruitless.

I met my girlfriend in pre-med club at school, but she also approached me at the bar like a week later, probably because it was a more relaxed atmosphere.
Now of course I have approached and initiated, with mixed results, but things happen much easier when Im not trying so damn hard.

:D

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Colossus
I met my girlfriend in pre-med club at school, but she also approached me at the bar like a week later, probably because it was a more relaxed atmosphere.
Now of course I have approached and initiated, with mixed results, but things happen much easier when Im not trying so damn hard.
Cal me crazy, but I would expect pre-med students to be approached by women, rather than the other way around.

:D

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sure can find a hot girl, thats not a problem. But with a hot one you are going to face many problems from small to not so small ones:
"Is she really very single?" - hot gals tend to have several guys who are trying to get in her bed.
"Does she really like me?" - She may sleep with a guy, ok, but does she want anything besides it? Many hot ladies are spoiled and usually do not want to persue anything serious.
"Is she spoiled?" - Hot ones tend to be.
"Is she materialistic?" - again hot ones tend to be.
"Is she manipulative?" - hot ones tend to be very much.
Etc.
Your view on good looking women is too stereotypical. I don't understand why you would take this viewpoint.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by STR8UP
The fact that I met some of them when I was out drinking has NOTHING to do with it.

Like all the good girls stay home and knit sweaters on saturday night. You and all of these other "anti bar chick" people are DELUSIONAL.
Ok, but you don't provide any argument why it is a good idea to meet _quality_ women in bars. You just keep saying it doesn't matter and do not say WHY it doesn't matter.

Let me put it this way:
1. Bars are the best place to meet decent women of high quality. Especially when you are looking for women who are LTR material.
Therefore if you are interetsed in decent LTR material you shoudl frequent bars as much as possible.

2. Bars are NOT the best place to meet decent women who are high qulity LTR material. Women in bars are simply in the other state of mind, they are just looking to "have fun".
Even decent women in bars are in this state of the mind. They are not receptive to anything serious since "It is the bar!".

What do you think which statement is closer to the reality?

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
Your view on good looking women is too stereotypical.
I don't understand why you would take this viewpoint.
You are 100% right! It is a stereotypical view. Where it comes from? From experience, most hot women are like that.

So I simply make a conclusion: why should I choose the most inefficient way when it comes to meeting quality women?
By "quality" I mean not only her looks, I mean her character.

But again, if I were you I'd probably think the sam way: to bang as many hotties as possible since I am young and don't care much about anything serious. It sure doesn't matter if a women is decent or spoiled if you are going to bang her a couple of times.
She must be just hot though.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, but you don't provide any argument why it is a good idea to meet _quality_ women in bars. You just keep saying it doesn't matter and do not say WHY it doesn't matter.
I never said it was a "good idea" to meet women in bars, I simply said that people who make the general statement "you will never find a good woman in a bar" are full of sh!t. See the difference?

People say the same thing about the internet, as if the internet only attracts bottom of the barrel losers who can't find love anywhere else. My friend met his wife in an AOL chat room. We live in the information age....get used to it.

Both the internet AND bars/clubs may not be the BEST place to meet women, but to say that there are no good women to be found in these type venues is ridiculous.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But again, if I were you I'd probably think the sam way: to bang as many hotties as possible since I am young and don't care much about anything serious. It sure doesn't matter if a women is decent or spoiled if you are going to bang her a couple of times.
She must be just hot though.
I don't care about banging hotties. All I want is a LTR with a chick who is quick witted.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by STR8UP
I never said it was a "good idea" to meet women in bars, I simply said that people who make the general statement "you will never find a good woman in a bar" are full of sh!t. See the difference?

People say the same thing about the internet

Both the internet AND bars/clubs may not be the BEST place to meet women, but to say that there are no good women to be found in these type venues is ridiculous.
Yes, there is a huge difference.
It seemed we assumed very different things and without stating them explicitly started to argue who is right :(
I agree with your statement above and it seems you agreed to mine.

Regarding the internet: I personally think it is a good way to meet women. Maybe not very efficient though.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
I don't care about banging hotties. All I want is a LTR with a chick who is quick witted.
Hm. But hot women are not created for LTR, they constantly break up, divorce and are trying to find a bigger better deal.
This is almost a fact.
You sure can try and maybe you will have luck, but if you aim at hot women you decrease the chance of a good LTR significantly. IMHO.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm. But hot women are not created for LTR, they constantly break up, divorce and are trying to find a bigger better deal.
This is almost a fact.
Come on man... this is getting ridiculous.

cinephile

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Trying to apply generalities to specifics is a guarantee of failure. While there are many thing which women in general share mentally, in the end they are all diferent, so diferent applications of general strategies are needed.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cinephile
Trying to apply generalities to specifics is a guarantee of failure. While there are many thing which women in general share mentally, in the end they are all diferent, so diferent applications of general strategies are needed.
I believe that there is some sense in using generalisation.

For example statistics. So statistics say if you smoke, especially if you smoke a lot and for a long time your chances of getting a cancer is getting high. No one is arguing it anymore.
Smokers get great pleasure out of smoking nevertheless.

What I am saying about hot women: if you are hitting on very hot women, a lot and for a long time, your chances of getting a demanding and spoiled brat as your gf is getting high.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Internet. ...

NOT

I'm done with that sh!t. Recently field tested and proved -
b!tches off the net have serious mental issues.

The Anti Dr Phil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Washington, DC/Barcelona, Spain (6 mos in the US &
From my experiences, here are the gold standards for meeting women. I've done these things to death in many parts of the world, and you can't miss at these places if you tried.

1. Take Salsa or Tango lessons. Women love a man who can dance, and these sessions are choc full of women. Guys are normally outnumbered 8 to 1, and not only are you conversing with women, you're interacting with them on a sensual and spritual level. Again, even a guy with the worst game can't miss here. Pure Platinum

2. Cooking classes - Guys are outnumbered 10-1. Again, lots of conversation, and women are always "eager" to help a man trying his luck in the kitchen. Plus, you have an excuse to practice one of your new dishes for one or a group of them at your home. Have the invitee or invitees bring over some wine, and the world will be yours in a short amount of time. Pure Platinum.

3. Language classes - Guys outnumbered 5 -1. Lots of interaction because students are encouraged to practice with one another. Learn to speak to a woman in Italian or French, and guys can prepare for greatness. Pure Platinum

4. Wine Tasting Events - guys outnumbered 4-1. Classy event, where everyone's chatting it up and getting wasted. Pure Gold

5. Volunteering - Guys outnumbered 15 -1. Crawling with sensitive women who have their guard down all the time. 99% of them are EASILY approachable. Pure Platinum

6. Airport lounges - Travel destinations are an easy conversation piece. Pure gold.

7. Book clubs - Guys outnumbered 8-1. See everything above.

These locations are great because these are things the standard guy will NEVER do, which is why every guy here should ABSOLUTELY be doing them. Not only will you have easy access to a myriad of different styled women (most being very cultured), you will be self improving and becoming more well rounded at break-neck speeds. The key, in my opinion, to being able to approach any woman, in any place, at anytime, anywhere in the world, is to become incredibly versatile. Do that, and you'll be able to mingle and converse with anyone.

If a guy is well read, can pick a great bottle of wine, can converse in different languages (even if it's but a few phrases), can dance (or even two of these), and can still keep his "manliness", he'll be so far ahead of the curve from other guys it wouldn't even be fair. I haven't read the DJ bible or any of the methods here, but in my opinion versatility and confidence are the keys. You have those, and you've got gold, of the 24 caret variety. Forget everything else - Dare to be different

Last edited:

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Anti Dr Phil
From my experiences, here are the gold standards for meeting women. I've done these things to death in many parts of the world, and you can't miss at these places if you tried.

1. Take Salsa or Tango lessons. Women love a man who can dance, and these sessions are choc full of women. Guys are normally outnumbered 8 to 1, and not only are you conversing with women, you're interacting with them on a sensual and spritual level. Again, even a guy with the worst game can't miss here. Pure Platinum

2. Cooking classes - Guys are outnumbered 10-1. Again, lots of conversation, and women are always "eager" to help a man trying his luck in the kitchen. Plus, you have an excuse to practice one of your new dishes for one or a group of them at your home. Have the invitee or invitees bring over some wine, and the world will be yours in a short amount of time. Pure Platinum.

3. Language classes - Guys outnumbered 5 -1. Lots of interaction because students are encouraged to practice with one another. Learn to speak to a woman in Italian or French, and guys can prepare for greatness. Pure Platinum

4. Wine Tasting Events - guys outnumbered 4-1. Classy event, where everyone's chatting it up and getting wasted. Pure Gold

5. Volunteering - Guys outnumbered 15 -1. Crawling with sensitive women who have their guard down all the time. 99% of them are EASILY approachable. Pure Platinum

6. Airport lounges - Travel destinations are an easy conversation piece. Pure gold.

7. Book clubs - Guys outnumbered 8-1. See everything above.

These locations are great because these are things the standard guy will NEVER do, which is why every guy here should ABSOLUTELY be doing them. Not only will you have easy access to a myriad of different styled women (most being very cultured), you will be self improving and becoming more well rounded at break-neck speeds. The key, in my opinion, to being able to approach any woman, in any place, at anytime, anywhere in the world, is to become incredibly versatile. Do that, and you'll be able to mingle and converse with anyone.

If a guy is well read, can pick a great bottle of wine, can converse in different languages (even if it's but a few phrases), can dance (or even two of these), and can still keep his "manliness", he'll be so far ahead of the curve from other guys it wouldn't even be fair. I haven't read the DJ bible or any of the methods here, but in my opinion versatility and confidence are the keys. You have those, and you've got gold, of the 24 caret variety. Forget everything else - Dare to be different

awesome post :)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Anti Dr Phil
If a guy is well read, can pick a great bottle of wine, can converse in different languages (even if it's but a few phrases), can dance (or even two of these), and can still keep his "manliness", he'll be so far ahead of the curve from other guys it wouldn't even be fair.
You mean, we should all be metrosexual ?