When does Acne go away?

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Accutane is some serious shiit. I wouldn't go on it without trying out OTHER less abrasive medicines first. Retin-A, benzamycine, benzacline, minocycline, etc. etc.

I used accutane and it didn't work. After five cycles. Then again, neither did any of the other stuff. I'm 22 and still getting acne. It sucks, but eventually, you learn to live with it.

Alexi

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dadmonson
Yo COONEY I've read some of your acne stories that u've posted on the site.., and I thought u said yours started to go away around 17 or 18., and your right, 23, is pretty damn old. If thats the case then I might as well go on Accutane.
Yes, mine did go around, about those years. However, that was with Accutane.

Naturally, its meant to go away around 23.

After accutane I still had the occassional spot or two, until I also started using Clindatech (an easy lotion to apply) once every now and then, and since, my skin has been perfect. I have not used Clindatech for well over a year now, although I am at the age it should be gone naturally anyways.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as advice, I would definately recommend using accutane. Your doctor will conduct blood tests and make sure your liver function etc is still perfect.

As far as the deperssion, I never had any of it. Just make sure you keep active and do a lot of cardio vascular activity while your on it. Your muscles might be a little sore, but it will help to increase your endorphines. I boxed before and after accutane, but whilst on it, I simply did all the cardio workouts but stooped the actual sparring/boxing.

You might feel worse at first, because in the first stage of being on accutane, you outbreak FAR worse than ever before. But after about 6 months, nearly all your acne should be gone, and you will only be left with marks. Of which will clear up as time goes by (mine did nearly straight away, after I got really sunburnt of which gave me a mega tan). Although my skin has the ability to go very very dark anyways, which seemed to help cure it totally.

Acne, is probably the single most biggest confidence killer amongst teens in the world. Put yourself through accutane now (of which is really not that bad if you follow my advice), and you will feel like a new man in just 6 months time!

dadmonson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats true, it is a confidence killer. I used to be able to look at people directly in their eyes, but now I can't cause everytime I tried to, all Iwould see was them skimming over my bumpy face with a look of disqust. So now I just look down. Next time I go to the derm I'm gonna ask her about accutane. This acne thing is crampin my style, real bad.

O and BTW can somebody give me some info on Accutane? Is it hard to put on? Does it burn when u put it on? Is it greasy? I'm pretty aware of what it can do and the side effects and stuff. But somebody give me some info on how it feels when u put it on your skin and stuff like that, or atleast give me a link to a website to look at.

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently on the acne.org regimen. I've been on it for about two weeks, and I have seen much improvement. Give it a try, but please follow it strictly.

BigWillyStyle

Banned
Reaction score
Is it hard to put on? Does it burn when u put it on? Is it greasy?
Roaccutane is not a lotion or a cream that you put on your face. It is a pill. So it works from the inside. Much easier then creams/lotions ;)

Just google "accutane" and it'll come up with thousands of pages on the stuff. Good luck.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
after the cycle does your skin look realy gd in outdoor lighting?

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As per the depression thing. I believe the depression hits something like 5% of patients. I was in that. I was always active while on accutane (wrestling in high school during the treatments, and military school for college which kept me PLENTY active). I took it in the winter. It's bad to put too much sunlight so doctor's prefer to give it in the winter when exposure to sunlight would be minimal. But that REALLY accentuates the dry skin side effect.

But then again, it DOES help lots of people. You may be fine after one cycle of it in which case it's worth it. I happened to be one of the unlucky.

Alexi

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
again

after the cycle does your skin look realy gd in outdoor lighting?

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It'll look as good as any other skin would without acne.

dadmonson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm sixteen now(had it since like 12 or 13), and this acne don't show any signs of goin away. Goin to the Dermatologist on Feb. 21 tho. Gonna ask her about Accutane.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude dont worry about it so much, most people stop having zits around the end of h.s., and some people have it more than others due to reasons. They also say lack of sleep gives outbreaks...but i dont know how true that is.

As you know zits are the results of clogged pores and sometimes poor diet. it is also the indication of hormonal levels (testosterone), that a person goes through normally during puberty.

So the things to keep in mind are, stop touching your face as hands are dirty, especially dont pinch your zits. Be more hygienic, change your bedsheets and pillowcase every week or so.
Hair is also dirty as the scalp excretes oils, so wash it everyday.
Wash your face every day and night, and put on moisturizer afterwards (as temporary protection of dirt entering your pores).
You might wanna check out the on the shelf products, some are actually worth buying and work.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My skin acted allergic to a cheap gel, which really hurt my looks.
How can gell affect the acne on your face? I mean I don't get acne in my scalp and I don't smear gel all over my face.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gelled hair usually scratches the forehead, so the oil can make ur acne worse

Diaoz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've try Accutane and it did kindda reduce it but it's still there.

I've got a different problem though. Sure I've got acne but it's pretty much controlled. Problem being, to control it, I wash with Garnier Pure which is really drying. So I end up being really fair, dry and dull

Any suggestions to get back the youthful glow, without the oil ;)

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started getting acne when I was 18(went through school without a spot on me), I get it more when I let facial hair grow, my face isnt too bad although ive got it bad on my back.
Im 24 now so ive had it 5 years, bad thing is the Docs cant put a time scale on how long you will have it, could go away next week or I could have it for life.
Docs have recommended I try and go without medication now and see how I go as its not a good idea being on medication for the long term unless its necessary.

dadmonson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm 18 going on 19 in January and still got the acne sh*t

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my acne used to be errible when I was 17ish...i think i grew out of it 18ish..i ued to have alot of problem with acne pre 17 though (from about 14)..i changed my diet big time though...washed regularly and it helped i guess..i could be wrong though...i could just be right with what I originally said and out grew it

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat clean, I exercise, I drink water, I take fish oil, I don't have greasy skin, and I have acne.

Shaving every day for the army doesn't help much but isn't the main cause.
NOT shaving for more than 3-4 days makes my beard a bit greasy and inflames my spots.

Bottom line is I'm just hanging around for it to go by itself, most other people's did.
Ive had it since I was 15-16. I'm 19 in 3 weeks.