What's with all the male virgins?

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't mean specifically on SoSuave...though there are some here too...

Over the past couple of months three guys I went to college with have all announced with great fanfare that they lost their V. Now, these aren't exactly movie stars we're talking about but they're not ugly or particularly awkward so far as I could tell. For god 's sake I'm thin, pale, nerdy and about as awkward as you can get without actually having Asperger's and I still managed to get laid on a regular basis FIVE YEARS before these guys.

Is this normal? Is there a sizable part of the straight non-religious-fanatic population which doesn't feel the inside of a vagina until 22 or 23? I'm finding that hard to wrap my head around...

Maybe it's because they were all Republicans.

Rho

Don Juan
Reaction score
my estimate is somewhere around the 10% mark for virginal 21yr olds

I was 20 when i lost my cards, so relatively old.

its just a snowball effect, something happens at around the time most people lose their Vs and as a result your self esteem gets shot.

For me I did high-school at an all boys which made me awkward around girls, even though Im not normally socially awkward.

I thought that 1st year of college was when most people lose their cards, we dont have a living on campus culture in australia so it was easy for that to pass me by.

This caused me a great deal of angst, it got to the point where i would view trying to bed a girl like some high wire act, where any slight wrong move would ruin my chances. This was a wrong mindset to have as it made it seem like an impossible uphill battle and caused my self esteem plummet even more as i thought there was something wrong with me.

it didn't help that it seemed like every lame douche around me was getting tail even though i had many of the traits that girls apparently are attracted to and i couldn't even get a girl to bat an eyelid at me, so i was always doubting myself.

i pretty much gave up at one point and stopped worrying about it. it basically took some girl to force herself on me before i broke out of my funk

basically the older virgins missed the boat and have to swim the rest of the way :p

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see what you mean. often the first girl is more difficult than the next 10...

prairiedog24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There're more out there than you think. For me, it's pretty simple. I don't believe abortion is a moral option, so sleeping around involves risks of A) STD's, and B) child support and family responsibilities.

I have no problem with using birth control, but it's hardly perfect. Until I'm ready for that .5-2% chance of having a kid, I'll keep it in my pants. If sex is really THAT important to you, chances are you need to get a life. Doesn't take a religious fanaticism, just a risk/benefit analysis. Look at all the guys who've wrecked their lives for a few minutes of pleasure when they could have just waited a few more years. /shrug

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard something interesting in my Human Sexuality class. The age of first sexual experience for men seems to be getting higher. While for girls it's getting lower. I asked the professor for clarification and she said there is a trend of girls losing their virginity to older guys. It doesn't actually explain why more males are losing their virginity later in life though.

Maybe the girls are passing up guys her age for older guys. So when a guy hits his 20's he finds a younger girl and has sex with her. But that also means that a guy that's as old as the girl doesn't get to have sex with her, so he has to wait.

That's my half asleep theory.

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
I heard something interesting in my Human Sexuality class. The age of first sexual experience for men seems to be getting higher. While for girls it's getting lower. I asked the professor for clarification and she said there is a trend of girls losing their virginity to older guys. It doesn't actually explain why more males are losing their virginity later in life though.

Maybe the girls are passing up guys her age for older guys. So when a guy hits his 20's he finds a younger girl and has sex with her. But that also means that a guy that's as old as the girl doesn't get to have sex with her, so he has to wait.

That's my half asleep theory.
that's one reason, but I'm sure there are others to why these guys don't lose it til later in life. Personally though I don't think it matters when you first have sex, sex isn't that important.

coffin

Don Juan
Reaction score
im 18 and still havnt had sex anf i know its becuase when i was younger my mom would not let me leave the ouse or have a social life. then i got depressed and got fat wich wasnt helpin my chances. and now im 6 foot 2 wiegh 190 and still am havin trouble. i think its like the guy said before your self esteem gets shot when your the only one not havin sex at your age then that brings down your confidence then ur fvcked tryin to get girls

LonesomeLoser

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 35 and a virgin but that's because I would much rather tickle a woman's feet and then masturbate on her feet than have sex with her. I pay strippers to let me tickle their feet, I can't afford prostitutes where I could actually masturbate on their feet so I have to settle for going home and masturbating. If I had more "normal" sexual urges I would have bypassed strippers and went straight to prostitutes and paid them for sex.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LonesomeLoser said:
I'm 35 and a virgin but that's because I would much rather tickle a woman's feet and then masturbate on her feet than have sex with her. I pay strippers to let me tickle their feet, I can't afford prostitutes where I could actually masturbate on their feet so I have to settle for going home and masturbating. If I had more "normal" sexual urges I would have bypassed strippers and went straight to prostitutes and paid them for sex.
I think you're a troll.

Anyway, there's alot of guys who just can't get laid. Geeks and nerds and dorks have this image of goodness and piety through movies and whatnot. To be honest they are some of the most insufferable people around who ***** and complain to no end. Not because of their geeky ways but because they don't RECOGNIZE their geeky ways and make do with it. Stop pining for the 10 if you're a 3 and look for fellow 3-5s.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
The answer is both the environment and social conditioning.

Men are becoming effeminate and passive due feminisim braindwashing and the hormone estrogen that is disposed in the environment from waste resources and enters our food.

Women are becoming more masculine and aggressive to counteract the effect of the effeiminacy and passivity of males.

Of coarse nobody in university level setting will dare to say this because they would be ostracized by society.

Reaction score
I'm in the 'relgious' category and am probably the oldest non-troll virgin on here of 33 years. Call me a fanatic if you will, but unless I'm married, then I'm remaining a virgin, or at least I'm very indifferent towards all of that. I have a girlfriend now, let's see how long she can last without bringing up the that sort of subject. I think getting laid is as easy as putting an ad on craiglist, or an adult-sex site. However, most people here, want to trick normal HB girls and bring out their inner slvt playing some sort of "game" rather than just get laid with a free hor.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot more virgins out there than you think. The reason being in our society there is a social stigma against virgins so most people won't actually admit to being virgins.

Years ago a study was done on sexual activity of college campuses and the study found that 40-45% of college freshman and sophomores were still virgins. In an anonymous sampling at my college these finding were confirmed when 43% of the students in my class anonymously admitted to being virgins. Years ago Playboy magazine did a study on sex lives of men over the age of 25 and found that 12% of men over the age of 25 were still virgins.

prairiedog24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really see why it's a stigma. I could care less about admitting it, even on a site like this. Hell, most girls are totally cool with it. I don't think they have a problem with being TRUELY confident the guy they're with is STD free.

I'm 5'9" and have a terrible body (skinny MFer) and I've had no lack of opportunity. It's as much as a stigma to me as driving a GM over a Toyota (something else that isn't popular at the moment.) It's just a choice, nothing more.

If you're not getting any because you can't, that's going to hurt your confidence and thus future chances. If you're not getting any because you are sure of your decisions, and have the confidence to plod your own path in life... you'll be turning down opportunities on a regular basis. It just comes back to that same old mantra on this forum: quiet, but sure confidence wins female hearts.

Kevin Feng

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally, there are plenty of guys out there that struggle with women. Before I got on the show, I wasn't great with women, I wasn't a virgin, but I could still use help with my game.

Asian Playboy had to sarge for 6 months before he got laid once. He isn't a very flattering guy by any standards and out in Los Angeles, it's pretty cut throat when it comes to women.

In anycase, I'll get off my soap box, I'm doing much better now that I've spent time w/ the top dogs, but there are plenty of guys out there struggling with this part of their life.

-Kevin

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
with men there are more pressure, pressure to get educated, get a job, earn more money. Men need to do something of their lives.
So its no wonder they dont lose virginity so early as women.

King Turi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost mine when I was 20.. the girl literally walked me home for no apparent reason and just had her way with me, which I didn't complain about.
Then we dated for a while. I didn't bust out any moves or anything, she just wanted me I guess.

Pretty much that's how it's been mostly for me, chicks coming after me, I don't do anything to attract chicks intentionally, after reading things on this site I noticed most of it is **** I do normally anyway..

But yeah, I know a few older male virgins and well from the looks of things, it's gonna stay that way for a long time unless they get someone drunk. :/

JoeJoe85

Don Juan
Reaction score
A big problem with me was with the people i was surrounding myself with. I'm 24 and just lost it (and it was terrible and didn't last long). I was (wrongly) told I had Asperger's in 8th grade, and a part of me gave up on life. I also grew up Catholic and went to catholic school my whole life and was convinced sex outside of marriage was "evil"

I spent grades 10-12 just trying to make friends and be social, so girls were hardly a focus. Most of my friends did nothing but ***** about how they couldn't get girls, and I let it stick in my head, no matter how hard I tried not to. I let the catholic bs take me over again and I convinced myself that i was "saving myself for marriage" even though I always knew that was BS. When I first started college I had so much mental baggage that I pretty much gave up again.

It wasn't until I was 21 when I decided to get my shyt together, and man has it been a tough few years, but it's getting better. I've also noticed since I've gotten some poon it's been a lot easier talking to girls and I don't feel nearly as creepy or out of place as i did.

I'm just glad I didn't settle for a fatty :)

JoeJoe85

Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
I think you're a troll.

Anyway, there's alot of guys who just can't get laid. Geeks and nerds and dorks have this image of goodness and piety through movies and whatnot. To be honest they are some of the most insufferable people around who ***** and complain to no end. Not because of their geeky ways but because they don't RECOGNIZE their geeky ways and make do with it. Stop pining for the 10 if you're a 3 and look for fellow 3-5s.
That sounds like a lot of my friends from high school. People like that are absolutely brutal to be around and I totally understand why a girl would want nothing to do with them

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
SXS said:
with men there are more pressure, pressure to get educated, get a job, earn more money. Men need to do something of their lives.
So its no wonder they dont lose virginity so early as women.
Don't you realize that it's a lot easier for a girl to get sex than a man to? In most cases, it's usually said that men that are rich get first round draft pick. Most men don't even have girlfriends or wives, so they end up working more hours trying to maximize their earnings and being miserable.

Women are the ones who choose men these days.