What's a good Birthday present for a girl you like?

sethosayher

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, let me give you some background....

She's a casual friend that, only a few weeks ago, I've asked to hang out with me. Before that, our only contact with each other has been the few classes we share - we usually joke around and enjoy each other's company, stuff like that. Anyway, I ask her to hang out with me, and she says yes - now, the story gets a bit more complicated here, but basically I made the mistake of telling a few people that I liked her and that I eventually wanted to ask her out - and she found out...but surprisingly, was okay with it, at least with the idea of hanging out casually and seeing if it develops into something. We've hung out a bit on a couple occasions, and its pretty fun...but being that its my first time doing anything like this, I have no idea what to do (the guides here really help though)...I've decided to ask her out by the end of the month, probably a lot sooner, because I really like this girl, and not just in a physically sense - I really enjoy being with her.

Err...sorry for that somewhat incoherent drivel...but anyway, her b-day is this week (this friday, the 23rd) and I've been wracking my head as to what I should get her....or if I should get her anything at all! I don't want to do too much...or too little. I want something that will leave a good impression, a good memory, that'll increase my chances of success with her. Here's some background info on the girl herself:

+ She's unique, a lot different from the usual high school girl - or at least the stereotypical girly-girl we all know and love
+ She loves Nirvana (Kurt Cobain in particular), and a lot of classic rock bands like Black Sabbath, ACDC, etc
+ She's political, she opposes the Bush administration and is generally Liberal. She's passionate about this stuff
+ She's into yoga (does it daily), acupuncture, meditation, spiritual/eastern stuff like that
+ Is a bit of a movie buff (She loves the Godfather, and watches a ton of classic films)
+ LOVES the T.V. show the Office (American Version), and I mean LOVES - She's obsessed with the show

Anyway...I don't know what to get her. I don't want to do too little...or do too much...I mean, I've only become a closer friend of her's in the past few weeks, so I feel if I spend too much, she'll freak...

I've asked some people, and I've gotten some recommendations to keep whatever I get around 10$, to buy her candy with a ribbon, to get a cute cupcake with a candle in it, to avoid getting a card because its too sentimental, to buy a book she'd like, etc...What do you guys think?

sethosayher

Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I be as brazen as that, as openly romantic as that? Giving a dozen romantic roses sounds great...but am I at a stage with her where thats appropriate? People have raised objections to the idea of me simply getting her a card - I've been told its too sentimental, that it too heavy for this stage.

As for the book, I'll check it out...I don't think it's her type of humor, but maybe...

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't give her anything. And btw, she sounds like a great girl...likes The Godfather AND The Office? She could be a keeper.

Rock_Solid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
didn't read your post, but i give
I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - by Tucker Max (the book)

it's cheap (14 bucks) hilarious, and definetely worth the read.

That book is by far the funniest book i have ever read, i've read the whole thing through at least 5 times.

Edit: Oh and to answer your question, DON'T...DON'T give her a dozen roses, that just screams so many AFC things and is just so unoriginal.

sethosayher

Don Juan
Reaction score
XD, giving her the Ann Coulter book sounds hilarious. I think she'd get a real kick from that. But is it too much? Maybe if I buy a used copy, it won't look like I spent a ton of money, which if I did I'm sure would freak her out.

Mix CD also sounds good, but like Luke!! said, it sounds kinda more sweet then romantic, you know what I mean?

The sex coupon sounds pretty funny...but are you sure it'll go over well? Our conversations have not been really that sexual...I'll change this is due time, I'm sure, but yeah...

Remember, I don't want to go overboard. This is still very, very early in the relationship (if you can even call it a relationship)...also, her birthday is this friday, so keep that time restraint in mind.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A joke gift like the sex coupon would be best. It doesn't scare her off with anything too serious, and can always be played off as a funny joke. Plus, it makes her think of you sexually.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm&Style said:
you mean 3 fingers.

2 in the pink, 1 in the stink.
Nice to see the love.

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke!! said:
I can tell you are a girl in a boy forum, a mix cd is something that would be cute. You would get a response like "Awwww, How sweet of you" You don't want that though, I know you don't. Thats why you need a gift that will take you to the realm of getting laid and not being a friend.
My best guy friend made me a mixed CD for Christmas. That's when I decided to ask him out. But every girl is different.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No mixtapes.

AustinG

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you were true pua she would be getting you presents when its her birthday :rockon:

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i got the same question but its for this girl whos more girly...shes a cheerleader but shes pretty smart too (booksmart at least...shes a lil airheaded). anyways, its her 18th birthday and shes havin a big party. were not together or anything but theres a lil sexual tension there...any ideas?