What gets you the girls is "confidence"

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never thought of confidence as an attraction factor. Like Fruitbat said on page one, people confuse confidence with courage. Women like bold action. I don't think girls scan the room thinking "Now which one of these guys is the most confident?"

On the other hand, if a guy lacks confidence/courage, they despise that. Because it comes across as spineless.

Also, a woman cannot understand or appreciate how a man can be afraid of a woman. Women actually have legitimate reasons to be afraid of men, even with the protections that society gives them. Yet they go out there every day and do their thing. How can they respect a guy who is afraid of women?

Last edited:

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe to tell someone to be "more confident" is not any different than telling him to be "more rich"...sure he can be more rich but only after he works and get cash.
look rich, act rich, don't let her find out you're a broke guy with a nice suit until post-sex, ez pz.

If you consider confidence as some kind of abstract idea coming from within without any need for a previous benchmark then I see your points and may agree, surely a guy convinced to be gods chosen will have a greater chance to succeed compared to any of his equal which are still self evaluating before acting.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And where exactly that belief has to come from?

So do you believe I can fly an airplane without a pilot licence as long as I am confident?
NO. I believe you will LEARN much faster and gain the aptitude to fly the plane twice or even more faster than someone without the confidence.

Who Dares Win said:
I believe to tell someone to be "more confident" is not any different than telling him to be "more rich"...sure he can be more rich but only after he works and get cash.
Esteem and confidence can be IMPROVED dramatically by removing negative self talk and doubt. So no you can't tell them to just gain it, but it can be gained and there is a huge difference in one who is confidence vs one who is not.

Who dares win said:
Thats my opinion of course, I dont understand how can you get or even fake to yourself something you have no reason to have.
You have every reason to believe in yourself. That's what self esteem is. You have every reason to treat yourself well and ensure that others especially do. You have every reason to not be manipulated behind sex.

Who dares win said:
Unless of course we give a different meaning to the term confidence, I consider it as being sure of being competant in a certain field and secondary being able to master other fields given the previous success in the first one.
Competence in a field is competence. Confidence is basically self esteem. We can tell someone that their self-esteem is too low, that they are cheating themselves. That they keep focusing on the negatives. That they treat themselves poorly. That they let females drag them down...

Who dares win said:
If you consider confidence as some kind of abstract idea coming from within without any need for a previous benchmark then I see your points and may agree, surely a guy convinced to be gods chosen will have a greater chance to succeed compared to any of his equal which are still self evaluating before acting.
Self-esteem. All I'm saying is confidence or self esteem makes a HUGE difference, and like anything else it can be IMPROVED.[/QUOTE]

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, a woman cannot understand or appreciate how a man can be afraid of a woman. Women actually have legitimate reasons to be afraid of men, even with the protections that society gives them. Yet they go out there every day and do their thing. How can they respect a guy who is afraid of women?
women don't have any reason to be afraid of men, but many women actually do act as if they live their lives in fear like every dude on the street is a psycho rapist or something.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO. I believe you will LEARN much faster and gain the aptitude to fly the plane twice or even more faster than someone without the confidence.

Esteem and confidence can be IMPROVED dramatically by removing negative self talk and doubt. So no you can't tell them to just gain it, but it can be gained and there is a huge difference in one who is confidence vs one who is not.

You have every reason to believe in yourself. That's what self esteem is. You have every reason to treat yourself well and ensure that others especially do. You have every reason to not be manipulated behind sex.

Competence in a field is competence. Confidence is basically self esteem. We can tell someone that their self-esteem is too low, that they are cheating themselves. That they keep focusing on the negatives. That they treat themselves poorly. That they let females drag them down...

Self-esteem. All I'm saying is confidence or self esteem makes a HUGE difference, and like anything else it can be IMPROVED.
[/QUOTE]
I understand your point and altough I partially agree with what you say especially when it comes of the right attitude, I would draw a much stricter line in terms of outcome.