What do you guys eat?

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have neither the time nor the desire (I guess it mainly boils down to desire) to cook much, so I eat simple. However, I still try to eat healthy. I feel bored with my food choices sometimes. Sometimes on the weekends I'll make some chicken breasts or fish along with some rice or pasta that will last me for a few days, but sometimes even that gets old.

For breakfast I'm usually eating oatmeal or cereal. I often have to eat lunch on the go, so I try to pack a sandwich - usually turkey/ham or peanut butter and jelly.

At night, maybe eggs, maybe some lentils...I like to open cans of refried beans and make burritos.

Between meals I snack on stuff like fruit, veggies, granola bars (mostly Cliff Bars), yogurt, cottage cheese...

The big unhealthy thing I eat regularly are those frozen chicken patties...I can't get enough of them! I've recently made the decision to cut pepperjack cheese from my diet, although I love it - I've switched to using mayo (the kind with the olive oil, and I don't take too much).

What do you guys eat? Looking for some fresh ideas :D

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of soy things! I got to find a way to incorporate seaweed too! I am going to try SAGO as well. And, don't forget NUTS, SEEDS, BEANS these things. I just roast some sesame, mash them and eat it, three times a day sometimes for the super amazing power of manliness to flow through my body in every direction! Make it black or normal, either one of them is FINE. Have I asked you how many fruits do you eat before? Cuz I eat tons.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mashed roasted sesame seeds? Is that easy to eat by itself?

I usually eat a banana and an apple every day, sometimes some grapes as well, or strawberries depending on season. Tomatoes all the time.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
I'm following a ketogenic diet at the moment and trying to lean out, so for 6 days out of the week it'll be:
Eggs, butter, bacon, beef, green vegetables, cheese, chicken, avocado, tuna, coconut oil, cottage cheese.

Then i'll have a refeed every 7th day which will include high GI carbohydrates: Dextrose, pastries, cakes, donuts, pizza, sweet potato.

The sweets/pastries/pizza are all homemade, so they aren't the usual processed junk. I used to eat Mc Donalds, or packeted biscuits/cakes etc, but they really are garbage.

Once I get to about 8% bodyfat I'm going to try "Carb backloading", which is basically a cyclic keto diet. An off day would look like this:

Wake
Coffee with coconut oil

2 hours later
Scrambled eggs cooked in butter
Green vegetables

Afternoon
Tuna with cheese or avocado

Dinner
Fatty cut of meat cooked in butter
Green vegetables

A training day would look like this

Wake
Coffee with coconut oil

2 hours later
Eggs/bacon with cheese or avocado
Green vegetables

Train

PWO shake
Whey & dextrose

PPWO
Lean meat/chicken
Potato/White rice

1 hour later until bedtime
Pizza/pastries/donuts/cookies/any high GI carb source

If you look hard and defined the next day, you ate enough carbs. If you look soft and bloated, you overdid it. If you look & feel flat, not enough carbs.

I will make a new thread detailing the whole program if people are interested. I think that these are the most sustainable long term diet plans though. You're basically having a cheat meal every day that you train (if you're trying to gain). If you're trying for fat loss, you will never feel hungry on a ketogenic diet, the combination of fat & protein makes you feel really satiated.

U

user43770

I'm interested, Mike. Did you give up on intermittent fasting?

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
****in whatever I want to that has carbs and brotein

so basically 10 eggs a day (you say bro too much cholesterol and I say bro I had that **** checked today and total cholesterol is 138 Im healthy as **** bro)

4 scoops of brotein powder

and 4 cups of rice a day

add some fish or chicken for more brotein

add some veggies to keep the acne off your face

add some mountain dew and tea for energy

and freaking work them muscles baby!

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
TyTe`EyEz said:
I'm interested, Mike. Did you give up on intermittent fasting?
Hey man, long time, how you been? :)

I haven't completely given up on intermittent fasting, I still skip breakfast everyday, just don't fast for 16 hours+.

Carb backloading is basically this:

Training days

- Under 30g of usable carbs all day until you train (no sugars or starchy carbs though, mostly incidental carbs you get from vegetables, cheese, bacon etc).

- Protein 1g/1lb bodyweight or lean mass.

- Eat the same amount of fat in grams to match protein (Eg 80g Protein, 80g Fat).

- Optimal training time is from 3-7pm.

- Post workout shake with whey and some simple carbs (dextrose/waxy maise).

- My first meal I like to eat some lean meat or chicken along with white rice or white/sweet potato.

- Either as your first meal or after your first meal, you need to eat high gi "junky" carbs. This can be pizza, pastries, donuts, cookies, anything fast absorbing, right up until bed time. You do not want slow absorbing carbs like oats, wholegrain bread, brown rice etc. You're trying to jack your insulin up as high as you can, as fast as you can, so it settles back to baseline when you go to sleep.

- When you wake up the next morning, this is how you judge how your body dealt with the previous nights carbload:
Bloated/soft = Too much
Flat/deflated = Not enough
Hard/Defined = Sweet spot

- It is highly recommended that you are already lean (abs visible), this helps tremendously with being able to see how your body reacts, and makes tweaking easier. The guy that designed it put it this way (paraphrased):
"The next morning you should be able to see your abdominals, if you did it right".

- So very low carb in the morning/early afternoon, moderate protein, high fat. After training, moderate protein, high carbohydrate, low fat.

-And it's still recommended to skip breakfast.

- You're basically trying to manipulate insulin all day. After we train though, we have these receptors called Glut4 in our muscles, which can absorb glucose without insulin. Hence why resistance training is highly recommended for diabetics.

- Early AM training or late PM training is still possible with a few tweaks.

I've run out of time, but there is still alot to clarify, i'll try to get back on later tonight.

Is that formatting I used easier or harder to read? I found it difficult to read all that text, although that may just be my eyes.

U

user43770

Been good, man. I'm still doing the intermittent fasting thing. I've seen success with it and I've come to prefer training fasted.

That format is fine. Your diet and eating schedule actually look a lot like mine. I've been bulking and have been eating a lot of high gi carbs to up my calories.

Glad to see you're still working out, Mike.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Water (Gallon a Day)
Chicken Breast
Some Beef
Steak
Whole Eggs w/ Green Pepper, Red Pepper & American Cheese
Tuna
Brown Rice
Cottage Cheese
Oatmeal (6-8 cups a day)
Sweet Potatoes
Apples
Bananas
Pineapple
Oranges
Spinach
Broccoli
Some Chocolate Milk
Some 2% Milk

Supplements:
Whey Protein (Optimum Nutrition)
GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil
GNC Multivitamin
Creatine Monohydrate (Optimum Nutrition)

My method is K.I.S.S. "Keep It Simple Stupid"

I usually eat the pineapple at breakfast ands the other meals pick one carb one protein. Grocery Bill Runs me about $20-$30 a week tops

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I agree that keeping it simple is awesome, although no doubt a well-cooked meal is usually worth the effort...just don't care enough.

ProDJ26 said:
American Cheese
Out of all the cheeses out there...you go and choose the worst one :D

C

Chandler

I eat a lot of fruits, like bananas, pears, apples, cranberries, kiwis, mango's, watermelon, melons, peaches, plums, so on... I eat around 10 a day or more every day, I think you'll be fine! But I don't plan to do this forever, I'll cut back in a while, I just need the extra energy for now on...

personal trainer dublin

Last edited by a moderator:

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heres a simple one...

go out and buy a bunch of chicken breast.

buy a bunch of spices/garlic salt/chicken salt/etc.

go home, preheat oven to 225C

cover the chicken breasts in spices/salts.

put them in the oven for 45 minutes on a grill (oven tray underneath) with aluminum foi.

when they're done, put them in the fridge for later.

____

I do a dozen at a time, enough for a few days. the spices keep it tasting good.

often when ready to eat, i cut them up into pieces, microwave for minute, then serve with mayonaisse.

____

my trusty dusty meal is just hard-boiled eggs. super easy to cook and prepare, can do up to 36 at a time.

total prep time is 30 minutes and they last for a week or so.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ Russian Bear in South Africa is just cheap vodka :)

My diet is very simple. I drink roughly 2 liters of milk per day, which helps me eat a lot. When available, I often supplement the milk with protein powder, which adds to a lot of protein.

In the mornings I usually have either egg + bacon or a PB&J sandwich. It's always nice if you find a good quiche. Salmon and risotto is always great for dinner.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Don't underestimate a good Mass Gainers as a meal replacement/weight gainer:

1. Russian Bear is TOO effective. 2000 calories per serving. You will gain a lot of weight though but it wears you out physically.
2. Isomass has great creatine and protein(whey isolate) and is the best all around value. Smells awful though. Taste is ok.
3. GNC Re-Mass tastes AMAZING and has good creatine, but crap protein and is not that effective.
4. IsoPure Mass has the worst taste of them all but is moderately effective and has no creatine which is good if you want to avoid that. Also a whey iso protein.
5. Cyto-gainer and Monster Mass are complete sh!t and totally ineffective although they taste very good.
6. The same goes for Dymatize Elite Mass.
7. Up Your Mass(lol) is total crap, tastes awful like chalk and doesnt work. Is the cheapest though.
I'm interested, other than for inferior protein etc how do any of these differ and how can a mass gainer be ineffective if all rely on the same principle of a caloric surplus? Just curious, will probably never touch such products.

Mical6

Reaction score
Well i can eat everything but i prefer fruits and vegetables in my diet because these food are natural and healthy food. I also like fast food but i like to eat vegetables and fruits only.

Mical6

Reaction score
Mical6 said:
Well i can eat everything but i prefer fruits and vegetables in my diet because these food are natural and healthy food. I also like fast food but i like to eat vegetables and fruits only.
Boot Camp Sydney

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ARocket,

Get yourself some ground turkey meat. You can get it 99% lean, i.e. 1-2 grams of fat with 26 grams of protein. You can make turkey burgers with lettuce, mustard, onions, pickles, hot sauce, etc, etc.

or you can make tacos. Get some whole wheat taco shells, rice, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, some hot sauce and use your turkey meat instead of beef.
It's delicious and is a great bodybuilding, healthy meal.