what´s next? macho men or metro gay?

GREAT WHITE SHARK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you heard about this metrosexual stupid thing?
"Men" that get polish nails, all dressed up - not like a gentleman - like a model, not natural! They get facial products and all that gay stuff.

What women think about it? ok... they dont think ehhehehe but real women want real men. and real men want real women. Simple.

This world is going insane.

I can see the future, all those women frustraded about theyr metrosexual husbands, looking for real DJS like us to give them some 20 cms of pleasure, some real man attitude, while they lay down on the bed like a female...

Thats how I see, what do you think about this Male sexual transformation?

I think its stupid, a wrong way men are dealing with the girls going out and doing male things (racing cars, operating bulldozers etc...). And women should do their things, leave the chains, the tires, the gasoline for us.. "go to the kitchen and get me some beer... my love."

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That whole generalisation is incredibly ignorant, sex, gender, gender roles; all of these thing are incredibly complex; it's a social structure thats impriminted from birth on you by those around you. You gain understanding and knowledge through social stigmas by associating with others, knowledge is passed through the communnity.... Anyways I don't feel like getting into it, but your comment is just as lame as anyone complaining about the horrible scarry "metro-sexual" , as well anyone who is blatantly trying to shift or be something.

Be yourself, no scarry revolution is going to happen; and if it does; its what nature has intended... Roles have switched before; long ago. It wouldn't be the first time.

But things are being blown out of proportion. :rolleyes:

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sooo cause I spend 15+ minutes fixing my hair right, use facialcreams, different lotions etc I'm gay? Well ok... Or not.

Doesn't change my attitude you idiot. Your whole attitude towards it just shows that you are NOT a real Don Juan and just some wannabe poser.

GREAT WHITE SHARK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
Sooo cause I spend 15+ minutes fixing my hair right, use facialcreams, different lotions etc I'm gay? Well ok... Or not.

Doesn't change my attitude you idiot. Your whole attitude towards it just shows that you are NOT a real Don Juan and just some wannabe poser.
if you cant keep an inteligent discussion, keep your mouth close.
;)

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GREAT WHITE SHARK
if you cant keep an inteligent discussion, keep your mouth close.
;)
no shark i am actually interested in your response as to what you consider to be a "metro-sexual"

how far do u have to take it to be one of these ppl

is putting gel in your hair make you a metrosexual?

what do u mean by facial products?

i have a special soap to wash my face to keep my face oil and pimple free as well as a face scrubber (its like an alcholic substance)

my eyes naturally have dark shades under them so u use a product that helps them look like i am not so tired

i gel my hair sometimes

i do bite my nails BTW

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to the gym, I go tanning, I try to dress fairly well, GQ or just with Style... I wash my face with soap, my hair with shampoo, and put gel or wax, clip my nails and shave my pubes....

I don't talk about products, or about clothing... I can't stand guys or women who do blab about such things.

I had a buddy once you would call a metro sexual, put way too much time into his air every morning, would dress with total class, etc... The only problem is I didn't care; but then he started obsessing.. Constantly talking about his new shoes, or his new jacket and how great everyone thought they were.

That disgusted me and I labeled him as a h0m0, stopped associating with him.

As long as you don't blab and obsess, and dont go overboard 20+ minds on your hair + getting ready, I don't see a prob.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's such a thing as taking it too far, of course. But IMO, this "metrosexual" crap is just an excuse for men who aren't willing to take care of themselves to feel good about "being real men." Nobody's impressed by someone who goes out at night in a t-shirt and jeans. Nobody's saying that you need to go out and get a pedicure, but goodness, take some pride in your appearance.

Paranoid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....personally speaking,I like to take good care of myself esp. my face as it is one of the most important asset a DJ has.Hell, forget a DJ...even an AFC knows its the most important asset he has when attracting ladies.So yes,one would like to take good care of it.Use of a facial creams to avoid acne is detrimental to your game.If you dont feel good about your face, who the hell will....after all we are the best admirers of ourselves.
So you should take a bit of an effort in making yourself look good to YOURSELF...cause that will surely raise your confidence levels.

So basically what I want to say is....there is a fine line between treating yourself well and getting into pedicures/manicures etc etc

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the confusion comes from hearing words like "pedicure and manicure", and thinking its the same thing as what girls get. Basically, a guy's manicure is someone trimming your nails and giving you a hand massage. That's it.

Paranoid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly Latte......just a nice clip would do very well for your nails...and I dont know if guys actually go for extravagant stuff like pedicures....yeah so....spot on!

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personaly don't see why the heck a guy would go for a pedicure or manicure, cut your own damn nails and if you need a massage, ask your chic to do it; or go to a pro.

Leon Phelps

Don Juan
Reaction score
a metrosexual is a gay guy who just happens to like women. Pedicures, manicures, all that **** is for fags. If you spend more than 20 minutes on your hair, you need help. Part of being a guy is the attitude that you dont ALWAYS have to look perfect.

DonCruez

Don Juan
Reaction score
History lesson

For those interested: Gender roles have changed a lot over the ages.

Until a good 200 (or so) years ago MEN where required to wear make-up if they wanted to make a good impression. Just think about the white faced men with white wigs and a beauty spot.

BTW, as an EX-goth (yeah, i know...) i refute the point that wearing make-up is a sign of being gay.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
40 years ago, it was absolutely UNTHINKABLE for a man to step outside of the house without wearing clean and pressed clothes, neatly shined shoes, and a hat on his head, which sported enough Brylcream to grease a car engine. The dandy thing isn't anything new. The "metrosexual" thing can be taken too far, but it's being used as an excuse by men who have no pride in their appearance, because it makes them "manly"

TTAG

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Leon Phelps
a metrosexual is a gay guy who just happens to like women. Pedicures, manicures, all that **** is for fags. If you spend more than 20 minutes on your hair, you need help. Part of being a guy is the attitude that you dont ALWAYS have to look perfect.
this guy knows his stuff, c'mon seriously, if you are doing anymore than essential grooming you are GAY!

GREAT WHITE SHARK is a genius!

Imbrondir

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are all gay. Everybody knows REAL men sits at home watching Conan 24/7. They never shave, eats acne for breakfast and can drink more beer in one week, then 10 of you pussies in a year. People going to the gym and actually cares about their diets, can just cut of their testicles...

No really, I think Latte is right. It's an easy excuse to ignore the work to look good. I don't mind talking about fashion either, well up till a certain point offcourse. I work out, go tanning, looks for fashion advices.... manicure is abit too far tho. :p

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
chylywly, you hit the nail on the head with you first reply. You saved me alot of time and effort venting my frustration on the sheer ignorance of this post.

Kuen1

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with men taking care of themselves, and dressing sharp etc. Men have been doing it for a long long time. This metro stuff seems to be about guys that are going too far with it all. The term itself seems to mean that a guy is not quite a man, and not quite a woman. He is in the middle. He is not fully a hetro, and not fully a homo...he is a metro. Anyways...dressing sharp and washing your face etc does not make you/me a "metro." Now if one is always dressing to make sure that their shirt brings out the color of their hair highlights, that their shoes match the color of their contacts, and that their belt buckle helps to bring out the full flavor of their pants so that they look "fabulous" then there may be a problem :p . Personally I think it's more about attitude than anything else and being confident in who you are as a person rather than in how you're dressed.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I guess that P diddy and every rapper that makes alot of money could be considered a metro. Many of your favorite sports stars could be considered metro under your current definitions of the word.

I think its all bullsh1t.

I dont understand how getting a manicure or wearing pimped out apparell equates to c0ck sucking..

Enlighten me please.

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We've already had a similar thread not too long ago about the very same thing...

if you're scared of some sort of metro-sexual revolution; ask yourself why you are scared, and maybe just maybe you'll come up with the truth "you lack confidence in yourself" simple.