Walked away. It's been two years. Why is she reaching out?

Reaction score
I stopped reading after "We are coworkers".

Can you guys stop ****ing around where you work ? Or do you lack the social skills and hobbies to meet women outside of work ?
Like honestly the majority of you guys won't EVER own your own house or accomplish anything of merit in your lives because you LACK discipline. Red flag after Red flag, quit setting yourself up for failure. It's meant to be simple .... keep it simple, life is hard enough as it is you DO NOT need more drama and bull****e due to a woman.

You like a girl ask her out, any rubbish flake out excuse just give her the benefit of doubt and throw her onto the backburner ask once more in a few weeks then toss out the number as Nismo says your Princess is in another Castle.
It was common for our parents and beyond to meet at work. Im not even counting if you are unfortunate to be in a shvt dumpster fire job like me where you have to spend extra hours looking for a job. You have to spend the majority of your time and energy commuting and working your job. God forbid, you would rather spend your free time doing something you would rather do and not putting up a simp clown show for women at a club or grocery store entrance. I consider messing with women in my personal sanctuaries such as my gym, my favorite grocery store, my favorite coffee spot, and restuarant to be more shvtting where you eat then some dumb job I only work to pay bills for. Then you want to proceed and call op and us failures because we don’t want to perform a clown show at a club for women? My parents met at work and they own a house and are doing well for themselves. Get over yourself dude.

Last edited:

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
Try to fvck her again.....

Nevermind, I just finished reading the rest, sounds like to much trouble

MysteryMuchacho

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I came back and read the rest of the thread.

There is nothing to be gained or anything new to be learnt with any interaction with this woman. Let it go if you can but be polite and respectful (its a trait all too lacking these days). It does sound like you still have an attachment to this woman so be careful with anything you do or say.

You still need to kill that inner Beta that wants the "perfect marriage" and settle down and have kids etc. This ideology is easier said than done and most men struggle to get a hold over it. By no means am I saying not to look for a lifelong partner and perhaps love BUT not every single woman that fits the criteria actually fits the criteria, your brain tries to mold the person to fit into whatever fantasy you may be consciously or subconsciously holding onto.

As an example I'm nearly 38 now and been spinning plates for a good part of 12 years now. Many plates fall and break and never return and others stop spinning and fade away only to return a few months or years later. They all know how I am and that I don't want to settle down and have kids (just yet) as I still have some life goals to achieve. I was a competitive kickboxer in my youth and avid sailor to the point where I could have gone Olympics and perhaps (if drugs didn't get in the way) onto an America's Cup team, so I'm hoping that maybe before I'm 45 I can still achieve something in that realm.

The above example is what Men in general should be aiming at becoming (I'm not perfect nor have I fixed all my flaws) but having a mindset like this should help to alleviate a lot of issues we men have when dealing with women. Once you have a few huge life goals aside from marriage and kids then suddenly everything starts to make sense and fall into place. It's not perfect and there is always more to learn but your focus becomes laser sharp and nothing fazes you.

It all comes back to Pook and Rollo, fix your own life and embrace it as best you can and everything else falls into place and you stop worrying or carrying about the rubbish.
While I'm by no means the world's greatest plate spinner - I've had my fun with that at various times in my life. Presently, I dunno I'm just kind of tired of it and it's not fulfilling for me. Not necessarily saying I "need" to get married, but I'd like something a little higher up on the meaningful scale right now.

As far as when she's reached out (because remember I don't reach out to her) I've always been cordial and light-hearted. I don't bring up or discuss anything related to our time together and that's not going to change from my end. She kinda brushed the surface of it one time when she first broke the long NC we had going - but I sidestepped it. If she wants to have an adult conversation to retrace the steps I might consider it, but odds are extremely low to non-existent at this point.

I don't feel I'm attached in a sense I'm completely romanticizing this girl. I used to read a lot of stories from significant others of people with BP to keep my mind in check. She was not managing her condition maturely (might still not be either) and it's one that can never be cured. It was unleashed on me once, so not sure I could put myself thru that again. But It's like I was saying, she let me in on her trauma that one night - that stays with a person especially when you get run right the hell off afterwards. Call it compassion or whatever, I dunno.

Last edited:

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just had a long ago ex (High school) tag me twice on Social media...you know the "you have to live here with your second @" post., and then replied to my comment on a local newspaper article post. Ironically a high school rival who I tangled with replied to her post there!

It feels good to know you have outgrown someone you pined after in your younger AFC days. Its also nice if the ex gets lippy that oyu can say "I've got a woman in my bed hotter, nicer, smarter, and richer than you!"