Ufc

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone here fans?
Im quite into it now since it started getting shown in the UK around 2004.
Favourite fighters are Nick Diaz(although no longer in UFC), Rich Franklin, Renato Sobral, Tito Ortiz, Randy Couture & Chuck Liddell.
The Ultimate Fighter is also one of the best shows around

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
watch it regularly, even the overpriced pay per view fights. i'm really looking forward to ufc 79 on dec 29th, great fight card.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Liddell fan here, and I used to like Cro Cop

damn, all my favorite fighters suck now

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
ready123 said:
Liddell fan here, and I used to like Cro Cop

damn, all my favorite fighters suck now
Liddle was never good, he got his ass kicked in PRIDE which is why he moved to the UFC. Pride fighters are way better than UFC fighters. Look at every champion, they were all PRIDE fighters. I can't wait for Fedor to sign with the UFC.

Monster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, almost everything you said is incorrect.

Chuck was 1-1 in Pride and he didn't move to the UFC. He was always a UFC fighter. The UFC let Pride borrow him for the LHW elimination tournament.

Nip/Tuck said:
Pride fighters are way better than UFC fighters. Look at every champion, they were all PRIDE fighters.
That's why Cro-cop got beat by a couple of cans? And Forrest beat up Shogun? Which champions are you talking about other than Rampage and Anderson Silva? And you can't really say Silva is a Pride guy because he only fought there a few times.

And finally, Fedor already signed with another organization so he can fight cans like Hong Man Choi.

Leashed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excited to see St. Pierre/Hughes. Much better than Sera/Hughes IMO, and winner of the fight will absolutely destroy Sera. Flukey lucky bastard.

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
Monster said:
No, almost everything you said is incorrect.

Chuck was 1-1 in Pride and he didn't move to the UFC. He was always a UFC fighter. The UFC let Pride borrow him for the LHW elimination tournament.

That's why Cro-cop got beat by a couple of cans? And Forrest beat up Shogun? Which champions are you talking about other than Rampage and Anderson Silva? And you can't really say Silva is a Pride guy because he only fought there a few times.

And finally, Fedor already signed with another organization so he can fight cans like Hong Man Choi.
The reason Fedor signed with a different organization is because his contract hasn't expired and it doesn't allow him to sign with organizations like the UFC. UFC did have the chance to sign him a couple times but still didn't... Dunno why probably cuz he would destroy everyone and no one would fight him. That said PRIDE fighters still have 2 out of 4 belts in a span of one year, isn't that embarrassing? That's like a Canadian football team coming to the NFL and winning the super bowl TWICE. Cro-cop is past is prime, he is way too old. Shogun had one bad fight, he'll come back he's better than Rampage Jackson.

Answer this then, how many times did Chuck Liddel get his ass kicked by Rampage Jackson? Twice? Ya the UFC cover boy gets his ass jacked by the 3rd best in PRIDE. Go figure which organization has better fighters. It's a pity that UFC would buy out PRIDE. :rolleyes:

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's only one example. Aside from anderson silva and rampage most other fighters who tried to transfer from pride did not do as well as expected: Cro Cop, Nogueira(even tho he won almost knocked out by herring), Shogun...I'm sure there's a few others. Wanderlei will show everyone that Pride was legit though.

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
The Inside Man said:
That's only one example. Aside from anderson silva and rampage most other fighters who tried to transfer from pride did not do as well as expected: Cro Cop, Nogueira(even tho he won almost knocked out by herring), Shogun...I'm sure there's a few others. Wanderlei will show everyone that Pride was legit though.
Shogun had one bad fight. He is BETTER than Rampage Jackson for god sake. He is batter than Wanderlei too. He just needs to get used to the Octagon and no knees on the ground. I'll admit UFC has some good fighters, but when you compare the two there is no question that the best PRIDE fighters are better than the best UFC fighters.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fedor is the best MMA fighter in the world, his only loss came from an illegal elbow to the head (ring rules) and doc stopping the fight cause of a bad cut resulting from it. There is not a single fighter in the UFC except Arlovski who can give him a challenge. He would destroy Couture and that fat slob Sylvia. Its too bad he didnt sign with UFC but business is business, i'm sure he'll have more competition in m-1 anyways.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been a fan ever since UFC 2 when the guys fought bare knuckle/ no rounds/ no time limits/ head butts were legal.

I preferred Pride to UFC and wish it was still around. The Pride rules were more like a real fight. UfC needs to get rid of these stupid rules like no kneeing or kicking a downed opponent. The UFC rules favor wrestlers too much.

I don't think Chuck will ever be UFC champ again. With all these great strikers coming into the UFC it was only a matter of time before his sloppy boxing got exposed.

If you guys want to save some money then call around to a few local sports bars or restaurants and see if there getting the pay per views. I watch all the events for free down at a local Miller Ale House.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I miss the soccer kicks too! And I agree the cage favors wrestlers..Chuck will be lucky to be on an undercard after the 29th.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UFC favors wrestlers because of the 5 minute rounds. Wrestlers training most closely resemble the UFC. Pride was better for brazilian jiu-jitsu be cause of the ten minute rounds. I think the UFC and PRIDE fighters are evenly matched with a slight advantage going to pride.

Liddell will beat silva he is taller and has more range. He probably will never be UFC champ again. But I like him on dec 29th.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has the possibility of being one best fight card ever because of GSP-Hughes, Soku-Lyoto, Wand-Liddel

Other really awesome past cards:
Fitch-Sanchez
Griffin-Rua,
Jardine-Liddell

Huerta-Crane
GSP-Kos
Couture-Gabe

So this sat might be the most exciting UFC ever.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
Liddell will beat silva he is taller and has more range. He probably will never be UFC champ again. But I like him on dec 29th.

After watching the fight I have to give myself a pat on the back. Liddell even surprised everyone by taking him down. Liddell really needs to work on his jiu-jitsu. He looks like he would be great at take downs and if he works on the ground and pound he will be dangerous opponent for anyone.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn, Silva got destroyed. didn't think Chuck would have it that easy, great fight though.

Hughes never had a chance against stpierre, that is one fighter that doesnt have any weak spots and is in perfect physical shape. serra was really lucky to get that belt.

first televised fight was funny, guy comes out, flicks em off, then taps like a little *****.

Tyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
stpierre vs serra will be intresting match. Serra won't be easy to submit and I would bet Serra would dominate ground game. Hughes seemed powerless and seems like his days are over. Good ufc though and congratz Liddell.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Surprised Liddell won although Im glad one of my favourite fighters.
Im backing St.Pierre to be the next Welterweight Champion and to have a long reign as Champion.
Hope Nick Diaz returns to the UFC soon as well, hes one of those fighters who goes in and leaves it all on the line.