Ufc

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick Diaz is one of the most exciting fighters in MMA. He has alot of heart and goes balls to the wall. I think it's a shame his win over Gomi was nullified because he tested positive for marijuana.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
Nick Diaz is one of the most exciting fighters in MMA. He has alot of heart and goes balls to the wall. I think it's a shame his win over Gomi was nullified because he tested positive for marijuana.
WHAT?!? Let me get this straight...he tested positve for weed, and they took back his win?!? Sh!t, if he was able to beat him while he was high they should have gave him extra kudos!...:eek:

Menage a Mi

Banned
Reaction score
I prefer UFC over Pride for a variety of reasons. Pride rounds are too long and the fights are so poorly produced that it takes away from the excitement. With regard to fighters, both organizations are pretty stacked.

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
Menage a Mi said:
I prefer UFC over Pride for a variety of reasons. Pride rounds are too long and the fights are so poorly produced that it takes away from the excitement. With regard to fighters, both organizations are pretty stacked.
AHHHH I hate people who act like they know what they're talking about. Seriously PRIDE doesn't exist anymore, UFC bought it out. PRIDE when they used to host fights actually put more money into the production, do main card fighters get a special entrance in UFC? No? Thought so. PRIDE wasn't stacked, every good fighter left for UFC since they got paid more. The only good fighter left was few Japanese fighters and Fedor Emelikenko. So now technically UFC has better fighters.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
WHAT?!? Let me get this straight...he tested positve for weed, and they took back his win?!? Sh!t, if he was able to beat him while he was high they should have gave him extra kudos!...:eek:
I can't stand retarded comments like this. you realize that thc metabolites remain in the fat cells and urine for weeks after you smoke, if you are a regular smoker. no pro fighter, especially not one as good as diaz, would smoke before a fight. he did say that he smokes after training to ease the pain and relax, instead of popping a bunch of vicodin or drinking. I have boxed high and not high, and i'm more crisp and aggressive when not high.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Inside Man said:
I can't stand retarded comments like this. you realize that thc metabolites remain in the fat cells and urine for weeks after you smoke, if you are a regular smoker. no pro fighter, especially not one as good as diaz, would smoke before a fight. he did say that he smokes after training to ease the pain and relax, instead of popping a bunch of vicodin or drinking. I have boxed high and not high, and i'm more crisp and aggressive when not high.
it was a joke man...chill.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nip/Tuck said:
AHHHH I hate people who act like they know what they're talking about. Seriously PRIDE doesn't exist anymore, UFC bought it out. PRIDE when they used to host fights actually put more money into the production, do main card fighters get a special entrance in UFC? No? Thought so. PRIDE wasn't stacked, every good fighter left for UFC since they got paid more. The only good fighter left was few Japanese fighters and Fedor Emelikenko. So now technically UFC has better fighters.
I know..it was too bad PRIDE killed themselves with shady business men. The entrances were beautiful...who gets an entrance with big titan trons flashy white lights and snow falling from the ceiling in the UFC?...no one.

Menage a Mi

Banned
Reaction score
Nip/Tuck said:
I am well aware that UFC acquired Pride. When I was referring to the production value of Pride, I was not talking about how people enter the ring. I was talking about:

1) How during the TV show, the camera stops showing the fight and focuses on some random Japanese person in the crowd. When we are shown the fight again, a few minutes have elapsed. Its a crappy effect. Just show the whole fight, boring parts and all.

2) Sometimes the bright lights shine down on the mat and make the thing so white that it can be hard to look at.

3) Not that Joe Rogan has ever said anything intelligent, but the Pride commentators left much to be desired.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Menage a Mi said:
Not that Joe Rogan has ever said anything intelligent, but the Pride commentators left much to be desired.

Are you kidding me. The few times that rogan did not commentate they had Randy coutoure taking his place and the show was not the same.

Joe Rogan knows his sh!t. He is a brown belt in jiu-jitsu and has an eye for the tiniest of details. Joe rogan is awesome. The best commentator in MMA by far.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Penn stevenson fight? I missed it. I am excited about brock lesnar being in the UFC. I actually think he is going to do well. he is a division 1 wrestler with freakish strength. I don't know about you guys but I have beating frank mir. He will win by decision and the fight will be fought on the ground were Lesnar will be on top of him.