Turned down

Cougar10033

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i dont know if the exuse was BS or what but i do feel good which is strange. Called up a girl ive seen 2 times before to set up a 3rd date and she said sorry id love to but im meeting a real estate agent to look at a house tommorow night.. So taking an educated guess if this chick was still interested she would have named a date she was free.. so time for me to move on. I have began to notice that when you act like a man its hard not to smile, i have slowly developed the attitude as of late that the world is full of chicks and none of them are special. :D

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
right on man,

Im in the same situation as you. The minute the girl acts flakey or something im done. Thats it.

SlowBurn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats on starting to dismantle the pedestal that women are placed on. However I have several friends that have purchased homes recently. It is one hella long drawn out traumatic experience. If she was really in the midst of buying a house her stress level could be through the roof.

In that situation you could have told her
"Hey that's okay, you've got to get this thing wrapped up before you can get out and meet people".

This gives her the subtext that SHE has to get her act together and have her head in the right place in order to be with you. (She has to qualify herself to you). Plus it leaves the door open for the future.

Good luck.

Dr Box

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your nexting a chick for that???????????
Man sometimes I wonder what this forum teaches, or more the point what lessons guys get from it.

Sargeholic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya know, people do buy houses...its not necessarily BS.

Are you available to date her every single night? I would hope not. Its likely she really is busy on that particular night.

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but the lack of a counteroffer is bad. The Doc says, if you get no counteroffer, say "sorry, that's my only free day this week, let's talk later." Then try one more time in 5-9 days (don't call on a weekend). If she does the same thing again, flush her number. Note: I have never had a girl NOT do the same thing again, but the Doc says to give her one more chance. Hell, it'll only cost you a phone call.

Cougar10033

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok u guys have me thinking now When i called it was 830pm last night and she was heading to bed, she had to be up for work at 5am. The 2 times we did go out we had a pretty decent time. She did say she would love to go out but was unavailable. What would be the best route to play this. Wait alittle bit and give it one more shot and if she turns down then next her ?

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If i asked a girl out the third time and she turned me down, I would say.
"Hmm. Three strikes. You're out. I'll see you around."
If she asks, tell her that you're a busy man, and that every girl only gets three chances for a first date UNLESS she suggests a time and place.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marlimus
If i asked a girl out the third time and she turned me down, I would say.
"Hmm. Three strikes. You're out. I'll see you around."
If she asks, tell her that you're a busy man, and that every girl only gets three chances for a first date UNLESS she suggests a time and place.

I don't think it's even necessary to disclose the rationale behind the three chances. She obviously doesn't care, period. Whining to her about it just makes you look like a little whiny bytch. Walk away the cool-James Bond style.

To the original poster: Don't be afraid to next. All these guys saying "call her left and right until you get the date" obviously have a problem letting go. You're doing fine.

Cougar10033

Don Juan
Reaction score
The turn down was for the 3rd date. Im planning on going out and looking for some more girls this weekend.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she was HIGHLY interested she would have put another date in which she was available.

She wasn't.

I don't know about you... but once I demonstrated my value to a woman, she has to appreciate it, if not, it's her problem, not mine.

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but once I demonstrated my value to a woman, she has to appreciate it, if not, it's her problem, not mine
what if you really like the girl and she still doesnt appreicate you? Do you deal with her or you cut off all contact?

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One more.....

Well i dont know if the exuse was BS or what but i do feel good which is strange. Called up a girl ive seen 2 times before to set up a 3rd date and she said sorry id love to but im meeting a real estate agent to look at a house tommorow night.. So taking an educated guess if this chick was still interested she would have named a date she was free.. so time for me to move on. I have began to notice that when you act like a man its hard not to smile, i have slowly developed the attitude as of late that the world is full of chicks and none of them are special.

>>> I would say , personally, try once more and see how she seems on the phone. Any sign of fishiness or wavering or whatever and I would figure she's not interested any longer . Don't try beyond once more if you try again at all. One thing I've learned from my own dating experiences is, when this happens, DON'T start doing what psychologists call "mind-reading". It's a type of cognitive dissonance, i.e. , a thought error which , if left uncorrected every time it crops up, will begin to corrupt your overall attitude and outlook. By mind reading I mean don't even begin to attempt to figure out "why" she' s no longer interested. You can't read minds, so don't attempt to, is the lesson of it basically. I only say this to you because mind reading, imagining she's thinking things which she most likely isn't, is what I would usually start to do in your situation and I still have to work actively to check that inclination. ~D

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Legend
what if you really like the girl and she still doesnt appreicate you? Do you deal with her or you cut off all contact?
Then you SHOULDNT like her.

The most attractive trait in a woman should be how attractive she finds you.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Legend
Why would you waist your time and chaise after a gurl that doesn't like you???:confused: you ain't gona change her mind any time soon. maybe a year of so lather, when she hasn't seen you for a while and is tired of all the retards outhere, you might have a chance. You keep running after her, IT AIN'T EVER GONA HAPPEN (unless you slip her the pill)

Cougar10033

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by spider_007
Why would you waist your time and chaise after a gurl that doesn't like you???:confused: you ain't gona change her mind any time soon. maybe a year of so lather, when she hasn't seen you for a while and is tired of all the retards outhere, you might have a chance. You keep running after her, IT AIN'T EVER GONA HAPPEN (unless you slip her the pill)
Im not chasing after the girl, i went out with her 2 times before and called her up the other night to set up a 3rd date she turned down because she said she was meeting with a real estate agent and didnt offer a date she was free. I saw her at the gym today and she is still poking at me and smiling when she sees me but im leaving it in her court, i figure if she wants to hang out let her pick the date.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i'm a rock solid AFC too! As soon as a women shows I have to DO something to make sure she's mine I NEXT THAT *****!

What you should have said:

You: When else are you free?
Her: X day
You: We'll chill then.
Her: blah blah blah
You: Cya on X - byeeee!
*click*