To Compliment Or Not To Compliment

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
One time me and my boy Matt were discussing things that should be said in the inital approach. I asked him "should you compliment a woman when your kicking it to her?" He said, "Yes. It makes her feel good and shows interest on your part." I said "No, you shouldn't compliment a woman because a cute knows she's cute. She hears it all day everyday.

By me acknowledging her good looks, I'm just one of the ten guys who have complimented her during the course of the day and I'm really not trying to feed a chicks ego like that. Anyway, I'm curious to see what you guys have to hear on the subject.

RoeCyris

Don Juan
Reaction score
acnowledge something OTHER than her good looks like "thats a nice watch" or "i like that skirt". with these two your really saying you like her style and let her know that the decisions she spends hours on were worth it. IMO, there is nothing wrong with a compliment as long as its not generic or boring. It should lead to something else. For example, I complimented this cutie yesterday on her watch and then we talked for like a half hour about Kenneth Cole (the brand of the watch) cuz i like fashion so i knew a bit about it.

Poke fun at the obvious and focus on the less obvious. It's all in the details.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In general I don't compliment a hot girl . I neg hit her.

"oh those are nice nails. Are they real?"

"hey do you have make up on? It looks good"

The other thing you can do is let her catch you checking her ass out or something like that.

There really is no need to tell her that that she looks good (she won't belive you anyway)

Girls like it when they catch a guy checking them out. It makes them feel good and it is gold to them.

Don't be a nice guy! Check that fine ass out! Maybe even slap it at the end of the date.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 00Kevin
In general I don't compliment a hot girl . I neg hit her.

"oh those are nice nails. Are they real?"

"hey do you have make up on? It looks good"

The other thing you can do is let her catch you checking her ass out or something like that.

There really is no need to tell her that that she looks good (she won't belive you anyway)

Girls like it when they catch a guy checking them out. It makes them feel good and it is gold to them.

Don't be a nice guy! Check that fine ass out! Maybe even slap it at the end of the date.
See? It is things like this that make people become heartless. NOw don't overdo the compliments, especially with really hot girls who know that they are hot, but compliment them on something that nobody else would compliment them on or on something that nobody else notices. While neghits are usefull, they have their limit, and sooner or later, they will have run their course, and we will have to think of new things. Check the Anything else forum. I raised a question about compliments there as well.

Just be astute and observant.

Good luck.

Reed247

Banned
Reaction score
Dude comon

Get real, this guy is a Master DJ. I agree with him 100 percent. "Slap her in the ass" is perfect. The guys who talk about respecting women and shyt are the ones who never get layed. Girls love to me man handled. Who told me that? My beautiful model looking ex girlfriend who I treated like a ***** for 6 months and she loved it.
Be a man! Girls love manly macho crap, just dress classy, smell good, and act like a MAN!
I usually throw my girlfriend around and lick all over, she loves it. Girls just want to have fun. They don't like men who act like little faggots.

Reed247

Banned
Reaction score
Dude comon

Get real, this guy is a Master DJ. I agree with him 100 percent. "Slap her in the ass" is perfect. The guys who talk about respecting women and shyt are the ones who never get layed. Girls love to be man handled. Who told me that? My beautiful model looking ex girlfriend who I treated like a ***** for 6 months and she loved it.
Be a man! Girls love manly macho crap, just dress classy, smell good, and act like a MAN!
I usually throw my girlfriend around and lick all over, she loves it. Girls just want to have fun. They don't like men who act like little faggots.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two things.

I didn't say dn't do many things, and what does exactly Master DJ gotto do with anything? I am a senior DJ, yet does that completely mean that I am above all regular DJs? Not really. It just means that I have a pretty constant presence on this site. True, the rankings can mean more experience, don't just base your opinions of of master or senior or whatever.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by wavejams007
Two things.

I didn't say dn't do many things, and what does exactly Master DJ gotto do with anything? I am a senior DJ, yet does that completely mean that I am above all regular DJs? Not really. It just means that I have a pretty constant presence on this site. True, the rankings can mean more experience, don't just base your opinions of of master or senior or whatever.
The rankings mean more posts; period. I'd be more apt to listen to some dude kicking ass in the trenches, than someone who posts a lot.

dj_spain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Dude comon

Originally posted by Reed247
Get real, this guy is a Master DJ. I agree with him 100 percent. "Slap her in the ass" is perfect. The guys who talk about respecting women and shyt are the ones who never get layed. Girls love to be man handled. Who told me that? My beautiful model looking ex girlfriend who I treated like a ***** for 6 months and she loved it.
If you don't have respect for women you can't be a DJ.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to learn a little secret about women guys?

You ready?

Here it goes:

Its all about her interest level in you. Period....

So you complimented her nice body rather than her style in clothing. It doesn't really matter. As long as the girl has high interest in you...you can say anything, short of being an assh*le, and she'll still be interested in you.

I agree though, never over-do the compliments. Women hear them all the time...you want to distiguish yourself from the rest of the idiots who look at the superficial.

It was already stated by another poster..but..you need to compliment less of the superficial...be more observant.

If she has a nice type of nail job done...compliment her style.

If she has a nice outfit on...compliment her style.

If her t*ttays are jiggling and her ass is swinging left to right while she dances...compliment her style.

WOMEN love men who recognize style. Hell...they spend hours and hours in front of the mirror trying on this dress, that dress, this shade of lipstick, that eyeliner...

'whoa...diggin the outfit miss...dope style'

She'll be impressed that you noticed and will be curious to know more about YOUR style...instant IL booster..

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wavejams007
See? It is things like this that make people become heartless. NOw don't overdo the compliments, especially with really hot girls who know that they are hot, but compliment them on something that nobody else would compliment them on or on something that nobody else notices. While neghits are usefull, they have their limit, and sooner or later, they will have run their course, and we will have to think of new things. Check the Anything else forum. I raised a question about compliments there as well.

Just be astute and observant.

Good luck.
I have put what i said into practice and it works like a charm. In fact you should read the dj bible on what a neg hit is.

Any time I take a girl out I make sure I do something via an ACTION that lets her know I'm interested. If you just sit around telling her how wonderfull she is you will find yourself in the friends zone. She will use you as an emotional tampon to make herself feel good.

There is a big difference between a compliment and a compliment that indicates attraction. NEVER just give a girl a simple compliment. You have to always find ways to increase her attraction and indicate yours. The most effective way to do that is through your actions.

Is it wrong to check a girl out if you like her? No it isn't. You are a man and you should learn to appreciate the body of a woman. let her catch you looking at her tities. I did that a few weeks ago on a date and the girl smiled. it made her feel good and she knew that i was interested in her.

As for the hot girls, they need to be kicked off their heals. They know they are hot and the last thing they need is a guy telling them they are. This is why NEG hits work on them. You will seem different to them and very confident if you are not charmed by their good looks alone.

Sometimes you can be very direct but it takes practice and a level of confidence that most nice guys don't have. There are ways to tell a girl that she is sexy. In fact as a DJ you have an obligation to encurage women who wear sexy clothing.

Here are some comments that I've thrown at a few girls at work.

"damn.. those pants are distracting."

"if you put on any more weight your butt will be very slapable. "

Girl walks by with something hot on and I say, "Hey" Girl turns around and I look at her then put my two thumbs up.

Hey are you single now or something? I can tell because you are dressing more sexy.

Girl has sexy pants on. So I say, "hey I like those pants" and then I pull her belt strap . (KINO compliment)

Last edited:

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Dude comon

Originally posted by dj_spain
If you don't have respect for women you can't be a DJ.
Respect women? Dude...... you got it all wrong. I love women. I respect women who are sexy. And I encurage them to look sexy whenever I can.

Respect is earned. There is no such thing as respect for women. That is bull crap. WTF do you think you are? a Knight of the round table?

Most women today don't have ANY respect for you as a man. So let them earn your respect. If they don't then you next their ass

How can you disrespect a girl who wants you to find her attractive? Girls want you to make a move on them. they want you to touch them. They want to have fun. How is it showing disrespect if you put your hands on her hips and feel her curves?

A DJ appreciates a woman for how she is created. Women are made for men to appreciate visually. That is the natural order of things. There is no disrespect in making a woman feel sexy.

dj_spain

Don Juan
Reaction score
We aren't talking about the same kind of "disrespect".
Of course you should touch her, kiss her and have fun with her.
That's not disrespect, that's common sense.
The disrespect I meant is treating her like **** from the beginning just because she is a girl.
My rule is always be respectful,but if, through no fault of your own, she doesn't respect you, then you should show her no respect in return. Respect must be earned,yes, but don’t go around disrespecting others, because this just means that you have no self respect and try to make up for it by pushing others around.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Problem.

It should be CLEARLY evident that because you posted it on SoSuave, that complimenting is a no go. And here's why...

You're trying to use it as a tip, or a tool, as if COMPLIMENTING will garner some approval for her. OR, it's being manipulated. Why do you pay a compliment? When do you pay it? When you give one, why are you giving it? How do you feel when you give it?

See...don't remove the context from this. Many times we freely, clearly, and directly give a compliment. There isn't timing. There isn't thought. There's emotion and the moment. A person doesn't think "Gee, I should pay her a compliment, what can I observe about her to compliment??"

That would negate the very definition of A COMPLIMENT!! Right?

When people compliment me, it isn't something that's delayed...it's given the moment is felt, and thought, and given without attachments. Whether it should or should not be given is not even an issue in dating. Seriously. A girl would only find a guy weak who does this consciously, planned out, and so often as to water down ALL previous compliments. Capice??

Bottom line is...there's no right or wrong answer. A compliment is a compliment...and its crazy to think that you can't give one or else your weak. Or an AFC. Please...

If you aspire to be a DJ or whatever...a man can give freely a compliment without worry of consequences and be secure himself that he is ok, and so are you. Paying the compliment is only the obvious, and what makes it special is something you notice and appreciate. What makes a girl truly your girl, is the things you notice and appreciate that nobody else does. The way most women are, so promiscuous, so open, so nude, what was once private no longer is. And to be YOUR GIRL, she must be unique to you in some ways. Special, otherwise she is merely a public GF, who flaunts her sexuality. Yet, this is not very healthy in a relationship, public displays of sexuality.

A-Unit

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RoeCyris
acnowledge something OTHER than her good looks [...] IMO, there is nothing wrong with a compliment as long as its not generic or boring.
I agree. Hot women hear it all the time and they don't respect guys who act starstruck by them. Personally I always compliment something unrelated to appearance, such as her intelligence, character, enthusiasm etc.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
I agree. Hot women hear it all the time and they don't respect guys who act starstruck by them. Personally I always compliment something unrelated to appearance, such as her intelligence, character, enthusiasm etc.
I try to focus on a girls looks, because in the end women are all the same. I really don't care how smart she is. A girl can be dumb and I'll still like her.

I'm on a mission to encurage all the women I know to dress sexy.

When they do it I compliment them.