Throwing party at my house...need advice..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalash74

Don Juan
Reaction score
Later on this summer I plan on throwing a party at my house. It is the type where the parents aren't present and it probably isn't good to make a lot of commotion about it. I am wondering what I should do to make it a success. Any tips are appreciated.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just had a kegger at my house last weekend

keep people outside, except to use the bathroom.

take all breakable things away, things that you could easily see people breaking "just for fun"

and talk in person to a few people beforehand, tell them that if sh1t starts to get out of hand, that they could help you out.

kalash74

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some things:
It will be a relatively small social gathering. A friend of mine has a hot girlfriend who is bringing some good looking available girls to the gathering. I am just inviting like 15 or so people whom I know and trust (except the single girls, but I don't worry about them too much).
I don't plan on being outside at all because the house is right near a major road that police go on quite often. I plan on putting some black plastic bags over some of the windows and pulling the shades in front of them so people can't see inside and if they do they just see the shades.
I am planning on starting sometime around 9 o clock and I am requesting that people carpool so there aren't too many suspicious looking vehicles near my house.
When everyone gets there I plan on laying down some ground rules so they know what is up, and of course I will take everyone's keys to make sure that no one drives when they have had a few too many beverages.

Man Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't put bags on the window, that's pretty damn sketchy.

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
kalash74 said:
Some things:
It will be a relatively small social gathering. A friend of mine has a hot girlfriend who is bringing some good looking available girls to the gathering. I am just inviting like 15 or so people whom I know and trust (except the single girls, but I don't worry about them too much).
I don't plan on being outside at all because the house is right near a major road that police go on quite often. I plan on putting some black plastic bags over some of the windows and pulling the shades in front of them so people can't see inside and if they do they just see the shades.
I am planning on starting sometime around 9 o clock and I am requesting that people carpool so there aren't too many suspicious looking vehicles near my house.
When everyone gets there I plan on laying down some ground rules so they know what is up, and of course I will take everyone's keys to make sure that no one drives when they have had a few too many beverages.

Haha, remember these words, you will soon live and learn.

You invite 15 people, at least 25 will show up, along with other people calling you asking if it's ok if they go

You don't plan on being outside, but everyone else does. I'm sure some drunken people will wander outside to your stoop or deck

You plan on laying down ground rules, but they will just vanish once some idiot has had too much

Hey, i've been to my fair share of underage parties, and the thing you have to understand is that they are INCREDIBLY hard to control. I'd still through my party, but I'd either advise you not to drink or get one of your sober friends to watch for you.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dont tell people until an hour before it goes down.

Man Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
If they do go outside, keep them in the backyard and keep them quiet. Are your neighbours b*tchy?

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure to keep the guests away from your parents top shelf liquor. If they do get into it, you will have to get someone to buy the same brands and then you'll have to get them to pre-party levels. DO NOT attempt to add any other type of liquid to them to make it look like no one got into them, it only dillutes the liquor and your parents will know.

Also spills are the devil, nothing smells like a party more than stale beer in the carpet. The flipside is also if you get a carpet cleaner, they will be able to smell that too, unless they are gone for a week.

muzicfreak2k3

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah man, i would stay sober if i were you
first time i had a few people over, i planned for 10 ppl... 25 came and i still was tellin ppl that they werent allowed to show up lol
worrd of mouth travels fast, so i suggest either 1) when u invite ppl, specifically tell them not to say anything or if anyoen asks, ur not havin a party or 2) inform tthe guest the day of the party, like an hour or 2 before .. and dont worry.. enough ppl WILL show up lol

other than that, make sure you have enough beer and liq... soem girls only like to drink one or the other.. and a table for playing drinkin games is always fun

good luck, have fun, n be safe man

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be an uptight ***** either... Relax and don't stress, or else it'll be the last time people want to go to your house.

About drinking... Have a few drinks, but don't get drunk. You're not driving god dammit, you don't need to have a BAC of 0.00 . Have a few drinks, loosen up, and enjoy yourself.

Never have a party unless you are going to enjoy it.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i mean i dont know what grade your in or anything, but if beer is hard for kids in your area to find, then hookup a bunch n charge at the door.
if its easy, fvck that make kids bring their own stuff.

and yeha, hide all breakables and liqour cabinets. if someone DOES get into the expensive sh!t i wouldn't go buy a new bottle of it, I'd dilute it with water if tis clear unless it will be obvious, and with dark **** i'd buy the cheapest whiskey/bourbon/whatever and mix that in. unless your dad drinks straight liqour he wont notice.
most parents jsut make mix drinks anyways

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Patrick124 said:
if someone DOES get into the expensive sh!t i wouldn't go buy a new bottle of it, I'd dilute it with water if tis clear unless it will be obvious, and with dark **** i'd buy the cheapest whiskey/bourbon/whatever and mix that in. unless your dad drinks straight liqour he wont notice.
most parents jsut make mix drinks anyways
Nope, major mistake right there. Expensive liquor is expensive for a reason. Basically try this, buy a Sprite and water it down, see how it tastes. Try the same thing with a coke and mix in an off brand, either way it tastes like crap. Yeah you might be able to mix in other whisky with Jack Daniels, but don't ever try that with an expensive Scotch. To truly pull it off you have to suck it up and shell out some cash for a replacement.

kalash74

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.
Here is some more information:
-My mom doesn't have a liquor cabinet or anything like that..so no worries
-She WILL be away for a week
-So far I have just told some people that some time this summer there might or might not be something at my house, just to find out if some people are going to be around in the summer time.

art of

Don Juan
Reaction score
A few tips I've picked up...
Take pictures of the rooms in your house with a digital to make sure everything gets back in the right places. Hide valuables. Try to keep people on the ground floor or in a basement (basements are good because its easy to see everyone). Try to keep everyone away from bedrooms, jewlry getting stolen would suck. Don't plastic bag the windows, but draw the shades, and limit cars/make people park far away. Have friends around who will help you hold down the fort and keep an eye out for potential problems. Don't be afraid to enforce your rules, if uninvited guests show up turn them away, and if you dont like **** thats going on, speak up. Keep everyone inside, as long as there is no problem outside, cops have no grounds to give you trouble.

But most importantly have fun, let your friends know that if your going to take the risks, you want to enjoy it, and they should assist in making sure everything goes smoothly. No one person can control a party, but a few assertive voices can keep things in check

Alphamale1821

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh high school parties and fools who can't control the alcohol. Having just graduated 3 weeks ago i'm glad that i'll be with a more mature crowd of people. I enjoyed getting fvcked up but every time it was the same thing. Party starts everyone has a good time. Eventually some bytch or some c0ck gets to drunk and either a fight or drama breaks out. Eventually the cops are called and people scatter like roaches with the light turned on. Most high schoolers can't handle their shiit. But hey maybe it'll be diffrent, but just make sure you have some enforcers for the fools who get out of control.;) Above all have fun!!!

Mjazz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
make sure you set up a VIP room so you can bang one of the girls in private and dont bag the windows, your having a party, not a drug deal

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post high school parties are not more mature. Especially if you wind up at a frat party. Its pretty much the same sh1t until you're over 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.