Things you did that changed your reputation?

Freigeist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi, I'm just wondering if any of you on this board did to change your reputation from "nerd" or "geek" to the "cool dude"? Did you do it gradually like talking to more people or did you do one thing that changed people's opinion of you? Here are some of my examples:

- Got in a fight with some jock dude, nobody ever wanted to bully me afterwards.

- Had this chick all over me, she was lying on a mattress beside me in gym class, and the whole class (70+ ppl) saw it.

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score
Changed my clothing style....

Went from wearing baggy jeans and all dark colored shirts to wearing tighter jeans (not girl pants) and nice shirts (hollister, aeropostale, etc), and got some new kicks.

EVERYONE noticed the first day. They respected me more, and accepted me more (this was about half a yr ago, before I found this site)

shydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fighting doesnt make u a "cool dude". Mature people dont fight unless its defending urself or others. The way i got to the "popular dude" is I started wearing stylish clothes, spiky hair, lost weight, gained muscles, started meeting new people, started dating as much women, and started speaking up, wasnt shy no more, couse there is no reason to be shy. couse trust me u think someone cares what u say or what u do, but no one actually does, so just say whatever u want and when u want. Smoking, cursing, fighting doesnt make you popular, couse trust me if you look atheltic and have a nice style and have guts to speak up then people will respect you and wanna be your friends. Its alwaYS GOOD TO GET WASTED FROM TIME TO TIME AT THE PARTYS@!!

DJ2006

Reaction score
I talked to everyone in my classes. After I did that everyone didn't think of me as a shy guy.

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social Proof!!! Having everyone see you with woman constantly, its just brought everyone towards me, manage to make a decent size social circle. (20-30 people) I know alot of people are curious about me because I've had a few girls say "hi DL" and I probably never knew them or gave them a wrong name. Another time is when these girls who were attracted to me (My dumbass have missed so many AIs) they seen there friend and was telling her how I was with 2 girls early today. I'm a pretty cool dude now, and the girls seem to be cool with me too. (I can lay atleast 4 or 5 girls for sure)

Things I'm trying to add is peacocking, and just changing up my style as a whole. (just got some contacts finnally)

REJ-

Don Juan
Reaction score
Talking to people helps, be social and out-going. It works for me (to a certain degree). My reputation isn't even as bad as it used to be, but people still seem uncomfortable talking to me.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Broke 3 track records in my middle school. 100m 200m and 4x100m. Went undefeated that season. Was the fastest 8th grader in the city.

Good enough to change my reputation.

DJ_Trainee_10

Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Broke 3 track records in my middle school. 100m 200m and 4x100m. Went undefeated that season. Was the fastest 8th grader in the city.
Is the showboat in town? :rock: Haha jk.

After each of my classes I find someone to walk and talk with in the halls. That someone is either a cool guy or a good looking girl. I'm not desperate about it because they are people I would normally talk to... You just have to make an effort to talk and walk with them in the halls. I guess that sends off a 'cool' vibe and people start doing the same thing with you.

Edit: Proof that it does work is that I won Jr. Prom King which usually just means I have more friends or I have better friends than the other nominees.

Now I'm not saying if you do what I did you will win prom king... :nono: It's just that you will make more friend and as a result change your reputation to how it so fits.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ_Trainee_10 said:
Is the showboat in town? Haha jk.
As a matter of fact, yes. lol Ladies always tell me I'm ****y, and then generally follow up with a "It's actually pretty cute"

Soniq_red said:
Sweet, through Gr.7-9. I was the most dominating running back in football
and winger in hockey. I scored atleast 2 TDs a game in Football and 3 goals
in hockey. I was a bit of an individualist, but pure skill and determination.
Then, one day I was cheap shotted after a hit and tore something in my knee.

It was awesome.

Man, that bites the big one. In 7th grade I was averaging close to 150yds per game. It was stellar.

BBX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freigeist said:
Got in a fight with some jock dude, nobody ever wanted to bully me afterwards.

- Had this chick all over me, she was lying on a mattress beside me in gym class, and the whole class (70+ ppl) saw it.
LoL this wont help you become popular at all, just weird while everyone will most likley forget. O yea and I doubt these things will just randomly happen.

If your shy, take the action to get over it and don't speak like a dork. Also if you don't already, dress better. Whatever looks good on you, that dosen't have to mean preppy. Im just a punk band t shirt, good pair of jeans, and a phat chain, and once in a while preppy. Just try to be more outgoing and allow yourself to f*ck up, while learning how you f*cked up and rest falls in place.

life_of_a_legend

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just offer something that no one else in your school/grade can't.

-me:
I'm the only boxer at school who can rap/sing. (weird combination hey) But yeh I'm unique so people are naturally intrigued by me...oh yeh im the only FILIPINO at school so that's another plus. (No one messes with "THE FILIPINO") Also keeping yourself in good shape and being healthy and clean both physically and mentally will most definetely attract more people to you. Another thing is, always be open minded, talk to everyone not just the people you want to talk to, like don't discriminate or anything or only talk to the hot chicks...talk to the BBW's (big beautiful women) as well lol.

Aiight brother that's me...good luck.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Started boxing.

life_of_a_legend "I'm the only boxer at school who can rap/sing." You and Roy Jones Junior got any relation mate? :D

DonSonnySagliani

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you change gradually people will accept it better BUT who cares. At least alphas dont and i bet that's what everyone wants to be!

stan kwero

Reaction score
i think i'm still considered a nerd. i used to just wear the usual t-shirt and jeans, but this year i started wearing american eagle shirts(collars, witty comments, etc.) and making it look like i'm confident, but i'm still where i am i think

btw, i look nothing like a nerd, i think its just my interest or my friends but i'm not giving those up to become a "cool dude"

FoOk-KeNsHiN

Reaction score
:up: i like this topic very much cuz it relates to me startin from 2nd grade i had the chance to be cool then became very geeky (never noticed this till bout couple months ago) but never hang'd out with the geeks 5th grade was the climax of it all then once i got in 7th grade for the 2nd time (yea fail'd) the ppl in my class were way more social than my class the year before so yea the root of me becoming popular was from 7th (if i didnt fail i wouldnt even be known but i know most of the cool people from elementry school) now i'm in 8th grade i'm popular started hanging near the cool ppl giving them dap n stuff being cool actin cool was wearin tight clothes like high waters n others then came into wearin baggy sh!t this year i really started not caring bout being embarrassed but i'm still a whole lot quiet esspecially near ppl i dont know i try to be ****y around them if i want to impress them also i never got this much play in my earlier years so wat i'm sayin is jus hang out with the coolest ppl or the ppl that u want to be cool with sit with them at lunch they wouldnt care then start gettin into the conversations they're having i'm still workin on being cool but next will it'll be good it'll work trust me

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please, use periods. That is just one giant sentence.

Hanging out with cool people does not make you cool. You become the token 'geek' of the group, unless you act like a man.

Nobody ever "got this much play" in their earlier years. You should be in 9th grade, thats when most people start getting some. 6th, 7th grade, you may get a little here and there, but not likely. 8th grade, it's more common, but high school is where it picks up.

Failing does not make you popular. You my friend, seem to be mislead.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Please, use periods. That is just one giant sentence.

Hanging out with cool people does not make you cool. You become the token 'geek' of the group, unless you act like a man.

Nobody ever "got this much play" in their earlier years. You should be in 9th grade, thats when most people start getting some. 6th, 7th grade, you may get a little here and there, but not likely. 8th grade, it's more common, but high school is where it picks up.

Failing does not make you popular. You my friend, seem to be mislead.

:up: ;) I agree 100%. The middle school mentality and grammar is bringing down these threads.

Dr. Jim

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the courage to speak up to random people, do daring ****, and become a public figure whilst sticking to my own beliefs... now I'm student president.